Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Oh wait, you get -20 points for a race DNF in the fantasy league?

Gotta eject LeClerc pronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Well his president and football team didn't win so...

Don’t tell me Massa is a Bolsonaro supporter?

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Well, that’s ruined my whole day.

E: Actually one bright point is that my main problem with Alonso is/was how he Did My Boy Felipe Dirty at Ferrari, with that out the way I’m basically all-in for the Krackheads

PatentPending fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 5, 2023

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

This seems the appropriate place for my question.

What kitchen knives should I get? I need some nice ones because my bad ones have started breaking.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

My favorite knife I got from Sainsburys. I’m in the US now, and I have a base feeling that super-expensive knife sets are cargo-cult objects for weirdos - but also I’m in the US so everything is a scam and every product will break after 3 uses.

So I figure I just need to find a decently priced set of kitchen knives that are visibly one piece of steel from blade to handle.

It’s just so difficult finding the decent middle ground between ‘disposable scam’ and ‘culty weirdo fodder sold at a 1000% markup’ here.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

I like how Yuki has said that he's been practicing his defensive driving by rewatching Alonso vs Hamilton at Hungary.

Before the season started I figured that Yuki would be one of the most likely drivers to get axed at the end of the year but if De Vries continues to suck then Yuki might be safe in his mediocrity.

I understand that DTS isn’t anything close to reality but from that show I’m really hoping Yuki outlasts De Vries.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks for the knife suggestions! Gonna look into them during the long, long time until Baku welcomes us.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao they’re really trialing this first at Baku

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

smackfu posted:

I wish it was a little more watchable as a primary feed. Like if they had the timing tower graphic and the option for commentary, you could watch a whole race from your favorite driver and still know what was going on.

I guess most people who use it during a race have some kind of multi viewer?

https://multiviewer.app/

Best thing about it is that you don’t get image thumbnails when selecting a video, so you don’t see the victor celebrating or the race-deciding crash they always use.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So I just started DTS S4 and I have a question that I’m sure is dumb. Why didn’t Mercedes use their car from last year rather than build a lovely new one?

Aren’t they (and I mean all teams really) rapidly approaching the point of refining the design to as good as it can really get?

Between 2021 and 2022 there were some pretty fundamental changes in the regulations that meant the cars needed to be rebuilt substantially. Stuff about aero design and the core concepts that keep the car on the road.

So while the car wouldn’t have changed a TON between say 2019 and 2020, their 2021 car would definitely have been illegal in 2022.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

can't wait to watch nyck striking a wall with this striking new livery

…do you know something we don’t?

e: Austria is a bunch of high speed corners and is therefore bad for Alonso Martin, right?

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Logan out
Nyck to Williams
Sergio to AT
Danny Ricc is back baybeee

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Catching up on the quali, just got to the end of Q1. I’m assuming Danny Ricc is sitting in a Red Bull by the end of this broadcast?

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Put Yuki In A Red Bull

Ricciardo/Lawson Alpha Tauri, sure why not.

Honestly I think DeVries might be a perfectly good driver, that AT seems like utter garbage. But the RB machine doesn’t seem to do second chances

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

PatentPending posted:

Put Yuki In A Red Bull

Ricciardo/Lawson Alpha Tauri, sure why not.

ItsHappening.gif

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

It’s not unheard of; Gasly in 2019, Jolyon Palmer in 2017.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Right, because it went so well for him last time.

e: Do you think Albon or Perez is a happier person right now?

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Kinda my point. He’s already a multi-millionaire, why would he go off and flame out earning millions for RBR when he can stay put and have a seemingly good time earning millions for Williams.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

Then why even stay in F1 then? just go home and give the seat to somebody who gives a poo poo

Your argument seems to be that anyone willing to drive for Williams shouldn’t drive for Williams because they obviously don’t care about the sport.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

spaceblancmange posted:

it not on there yet which is why i am asking the worst place for f1 opinions for a review

I’ve heard that it’s not as good as Motorsport Manager 3, but I’ll likely play it anyway

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Chances Lance causes a massive pileup trying to divebomb LeClerc before getting out the S’s?

E: zero, lmao

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I would like one single discussion of Alonso which doesn't reference how utterly cripplingly OLD he is

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I don’t think Logan P6 has been taken yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Garbage season

Dumb sport

Looking forward to pre-season testing!