Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Didn't watch the race but saw the finishing order, looked like a very poor race. Except for Force India podiuming. Very underrated team, Force India, they deserved that podium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That'll get tons of eyeballs from P17-18

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rinkles posted:

What happened to McLaren? Are they just a poo poo team now?

It happened to Williams, why not McClaring? Who's next?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
He's the Maldonado to McLaren's Williams

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

marshalljim posted:

My favorite non-embarassing Stroll Moment™
Didn't he miss P2 in Baku because he just wasn't paying attention and didn't hit the accelerator on the last corner exit with Bottas behind him?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

a pipe smoking dog posted:

1. yes
2. because it would make people mad
You've all been correct for entirely the wrong reasons.

The answer is Yes and because Lewis is far and away the most moral F1 driver ever to drive F1. From his wearing of rainbows and Breonna shirts to his impeccable fashion, no driver can touch him. I want L8wis for the same reasons I want Jesus's tomb to be found empty on the third day and Eugene Debs to win the presidential election. Human society -- in the sense of its justice and equality and righteousness -- is improved by his eighth championship and diminished without it. I pity those untouched by knowledge of these Truths.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Unfortunate news for this unstable upstart team, whoever they are!
Hope they can some day rise to the levels of reigning World Champion Italian motorsportists Ducati Lenovo Team

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

quote:

#LasVegasGP is by far the most expensive to attend!
As an American I'll enthusiastically say: haha what???

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Electronics are for teams who can't build engines

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Do we think the great and saintly Adrian could turn Ferrari around if he were head designer?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You mean a Bandit? Can't afford a 1200?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

tony quidtana posted:

no its a GSX-R in Telefonica livery lol
Can't afford an F4i? Wow

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Pretty awesome vehicle made by an actual championship winning Italian race factory!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Fellow MotoGP aficionados: is the Dutch anthem worse than the Spanish anthem? I argue yes

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

serious gaylord posted:

I had an Aprilia RSVR for a long time and the repairs required to keep up that level of passion was overwhelming to my wallet.
Having worked on a few Aprilias I've been pretty unimpressed by them. Seems to me that most Italian brands that aren't Ducati are just less reliable than Ducati.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Charles Leclerc posted:

Second best, the Italian national anthem is the best formula 1 theme

Juuuust driiiiive

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Arc Hammer posted:

It's fine if you're a Red Bull fan, provided you're cheering for Perez.
Nuanced hot take here I'm gonna disagree, It's completely reprehensible -- criminal even -- to be a RedBull fan. But it's ok to be a Newey fan or a Checo fan.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

yeah you'd almost be forgiven for thinking toto's playing the sponsor retention game but honestly where else does "CROWDSTRIKE" belong if not on the backs of team merc
Now to be fair Mercedes was a casualty of that accident as much as the crowd and RedBull (Jaguar) were the ones who initiated it

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm just disappointed that's not in a higher circulation magazine

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

SocksAndSandals posted:

Anyway MotoGP starts this weekend so we can watch some actual racing.
With dual Italian reigning champions. An actual race with actual passione

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

nawilo_420 posted:

if i were a multimillionaire race car driver i would simply enjoy life when i'm off instead of playing racing video games like a sad sack.

I'm a mechanic who works on old poo poo and one time I downloaded a Museum Tank Repair Simulator. It sucked. It had nothing to do with taking old things apart and seeing what broke, it was basically a small business simulator.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Does Bottas actually own that coffee place? I bet the Finns have good taste in coffee

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think the relevant question is how do the Italians feel about anime?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
A bad redditude?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ArmZ posted:

i hope bolsanaro shows up at the miami race

Can you imagine a more pitiful series of political events than losing an election and fleeing the country, but also fleeing to florida?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
There are no less than two guys in MotoGP named Fabio.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Sunk Dunk posted:

every 6 months or so i want to buy a ducati and then i watch motorcycle crash compilations and it cures me really quick
I watch the No Prisoners compilations all the time, love them. Genuinely I find them reassuring because if you look carefully at what's happening in each one, a vast majority of them are not totally random unpredictable poo poo that kills people with no warning. Most of them could have been seen coming in one way or another. Most of the time just slow the gently caress down if there's lots of things happening around you or somebody else is doing something slightly weird.

I mean except for the east/south Asian scooter ones in traffic, those are all terrifying.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Custard Undies posted:

Are they the most beautiful men in the Cosmos?
Well,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
My internet telephone showed me this. I'm doing fine with Pepcid Complete, thanks. But I hope Danny pulls through ok.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Charles Leclerc posted:

Williams is owned by a ghoulish venture capital firm,
I will not have you speak so ill of Doritos, which are perfectly acceptable chips (not crisps)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

the race was worse because max won, if max won the stomach flu that would be great but he didn't, he won the race, which blows
Wise post from an extremely good poster here

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FakeBlood posted:

Alonso deserves the WDC even if he doesn't get the most points this year

We have a word for that, it's called the MWDC, but Lewis has had it locked up for some time now sorry

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Red_Fred posted:

I forgot that this was famed racist Nelson Piquet
I think there's a nuanced discussion to be had here about separating the decor from the Monaco apartment renter because in spite of the Piquet family's awful political and social views that lamp rules

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Okay, so Massa sues and gets the 2008 Singapore GP expunged from the season.

Lewis gets busted down to 6 WDCs.

Merc/Lewis then sue to throw out the last lap of the 2021 Abu Dhabi GP.

Lewis back to 7 WDCs.

Then Merc sues again over RBR's cost cap violations in 2022.

Lewis breaks Schumacher's WDC record in the dumbest way possible.
I think this last line is an unfortunate way of interpreting the hypothetical scenario you sketched out.

Let me propose a better one: Multiple drivers and teams engage legal systems to right historic wrongs and punish serial offenders. In a world violently backsliding into authoritarian kleptocracy, these motorsport litigations assert the rule of law which is the foundation of democracy and free societies themselves. Lewis is finally awarded his due as the most record breaking driver of all time in a manner which makes Sir Lewis Hamilton overtly synonymous with Freedom and Justice for all time. I think this is an entirely desirable and correct outcome and I will write my congressional representatives about your excellent idea.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
MotoGP the best motorsport would only be tainted by association with such a criminal fraud as Formula One

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

MotoGP should start with the riders running out to their bikes
I think they still do Le Mans starts at some of the Goodwood races

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Have we discussed how Charles was doxxed and is now getting harassed/assaulted/mugged daily outside his apartment? This is what the tifosi ACTUALLY WANT

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

A timely reminder of the fact that we would all be wise to remember: Christian Horner is literally the same person as Vladimir Putin

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Russian Bear posted:

Remember the dick nose cars?

I vividly remember the FIA mockup of what the 2014 reg cars "would" look like and then the force india Big Black Crash structure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

the current defending WDC champion

I can't tell you how much it annoys me that I can't reasonably use championship truther memes this year such as #notmywdc or the George W. Bush era callback #selectednotelected. Because M*x just straightforwardly won it in his Neweycraft last time.