Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I ended up watching the first season of drive to survive and want to check out this season, is the best way just hurl 80 bucks at formula1.com or is there something I'm missing? VPNing into something feels like a pain and I like being able to watch when I have time to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

When I used to watch MotoGP, the races usually had like 45 mins of pre-race discussion on the current drama and stuff, is that similar with F1 coverage or do I need to get all that here instead?

I know that D2Survive is edited to be interesting, but it's made me interested in watching the races and like, getting a little invested and stuff.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a good primer on some of the basics? Again, only having watched drive to survive so they dont talk about like, design or rules or anything. It seems like the only time I ever saw a penalty was a guy driving outside the track, can you just crash into people and wreck them and get away with it?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That's fuckin awesome where has this poo poo been all my life. They should give the drivers little guns they can shoot out the cockpit.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Just starting the second season of Drive to Survive, so I think its the 2018 or 2019 season.

Predictions and thoughts which will surely be accurate.

I'm glad Fernando Alonso retired.
I am hopeful that Ricciardo's move to Renault was worth it but Renault kind of seems like a poo poo team and poo poo company.
The show still hasn't focused much on Ferrari or McLaren they both seem boring.
Seems all the exciting drama is in the midfield.
Cars or Drivers imploding before or at turn 1 continues to be amazing.
Haas keeps fumbling along and I really hope they do better but given one driver can't seem to get out of his own head still and the other is kinda a dick...I dunno.

I guess you can't be an F1 driver and not be a little bit of a dick.

edit: Oh and Guenther Steiner continues to exude frustrated dad energy.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 11, 2023

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Why do the teams do their briefing/team-meetings wearing their headsets and mics and stuff?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So uh what did happen there?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Why is there a pace car at the back of the starting lineup?

Are there any good documentaries or videos on the logistics of setting up these little mini basecamps with offices and poo poo every week?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

EoRaptor posted:

It’s the medical car, not the pace car. It’ll follow the pack for about 2/3rds of the first lap in case on any accidents. It’s proven to be a very good idea.

Oh that makes a ton of sense.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Still on s2 of Drive to Survive, but just watched Niko Hulkenberg go from 2nd place at home to not having a racecar to drive at Renault anymore, that was painful to watch but I like Ocon more so maybe that's good.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

MustardFacial posted:

Don't watch Season 4 and just go ahead and watch the 2021 season in it's entirety. Season 4 of DTS is balls and completely glosses over the major storyline of the 2021 season.

I want to get into the current season so I dont know if I can take a break and do a whole older f1 season.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Alright, finished S2. S3 (2020) predictions.

Williams stops winning
All the young guys stop crashing into their teammates (but start crashing into the enemy)
As this is supposedly the last year to throw money at everything, all the big teams will dominate by throwing even more money at things.
Haas breaks into the top 3
Williams...lol, nah
There's at least one race where it's Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull at the finish.
That disgraced Indian trump type guy shows back up with a shadow investor to win his team back.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Incorrect

Don’t try and make these types of predictions from DTS.

No it's ok they are only predictions for DTS.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

About halfway through the last episode of S3 drive to survive really wondering how they're gonna die in George Floyd getting killed.

edit: Oh.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 26, 2023

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Just started S4 of Drive to Survive, Fuckin Alonso is back...is he shorter than Tom Cruise?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

poo poo I get the feeling Haas isn't very good at this stuff. So far nice to see someone actually challenging Mercedes but I wish it wasn't the least likable F1 driver of 2021 doing it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

FAUXTON posted:

Is this a thing where you mail someone a box of your poo poo

You can do that for free you know, nobody will stop you.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

FAUXTON posted:

I think someone in fact would

I mean with that attitude they would

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Oh no I just found out my co-worker doesn't have any taste.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I don't feel like playing a driving game but is there a good management type game for F1 type stuff?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Reviews are mixed, is it any fun?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Harry Lime posted:

Motorsports Manager isn't branded F1 management but it does have single seater series you can manage teams in. There is a decent mod community that will add real drivers/teams as well.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/415200/Motorsport_Manager/

Yeah I've seen quill18 play this so was curious if this was a better game cause i dont care about using real people.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I recall reading something in another thread about some device a team had that was totally normal but when installed it was illegal but you'd never know. That was f1 right?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

harperdc posted:

I think you’re looking for Toyota’s WRC turbo restrictor cheat from the 1990s, which only activated when it was installed.

Ah yes, I just assumed it was F1. However, wasn't there an image of someone with their foot on their f1 car tipping it off or onto the scale for some reason? was that F1?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Does f1tv show my local time for events or race local time and I have to convert?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Just caught up on this years GPs and lol Australia was fuckin wild. lap 57 restart into a massive set of crashes. These replays of the chaos are pretty funny though. Magnussen being off the track kind of feels like a bad reason to red flag it though.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRw1xQUJ/

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'll never get tired of watching someone pit then it goes right into safety car.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Bruc posted:

Still kinda just rooting for Alonso and sorta Perez, Ferrari drivers are both likeable but I wish there was more of an up and coming team to root for out there, I'd totally be a Max fan if I had started paying attention to F1 like 2 or 3 years ago.

There's always Haas

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Verstappen is fastest in practice so I predict he'll qualify p4.

edit: is there a goon fantasy f1 league?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Grimson posted:

its in the op, op

Ah that makes sense, but no dedicated thread for it? Seems like a lot simpler than football stuff.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Can I get picture in picture (or pull up a driver cam over the main commentary) with ft1v.com? not using an app or anything.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Incredible time by Hamilton.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Riccardo getting more cheers as the third driver than either of the main red bull people. Clearly the Mclaren car was poo poo, put him back into a good car and we might actually see a race for 1st.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Charles LeCrashed

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Max is gonna be such a whiny baby because of this.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

You think its possible this is a baku-level shitshow with the track green again and a potential rain right in the middle?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

do they do this at every race or just for dumb americans who don't know who the racers are?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

We gonna get some sick airpower flyover or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004 posted:

We gonna get some sick airpower flyover or what?

wow I feel robbed.