Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Chicago can have more than one style of pizza 🙂

Hell, everybody can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Detroit style pizza loving slaps hard

Chicago deep dish isn't real pizza, it's a drat casserole trying, and failing, to sit at the cool kids table

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Good, I want QB1 showing up in some ridiculous car and a gaudy fur coat. I want him talking poo poo on Twitter. None of this nice Christian boy who drives his grandma's 86 Oldsmobile.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Black Sunshine posted:

Chicago deep dish isn't real pizza, it's a drat casserole trying, and failing, to sit at the cool kids table

Detroit is the best, but lou malnatis is delicious

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:lol: the team has been dogshit for 40 years. Goal should be changing their history, not embracing it. It's meaningless talk from a suit anyway so who cares.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Can we all agree St Louis style pizza is complete trash?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

SirPablo posted:

Can we all agree St Louis style pizza is complete trash?

It is an abortion

E: just looked it up and St. Louis style is just tavern style. I assume you meant quad cities?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dr. Lunchables posted:

It is an abortion

E: just looked it up and St. Louis style is just tavern style. I assume you meant quad cities?

St Louis style uses Provel cheese which is basically velveeta.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Dr. Lunchables posted:

It is an abortion

Maybe? But worse somehow. Like a super thin crust.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

YOLOsubmarine posted:

St Louis style uses Provel cheese which is basically velveeta.

The even worse part.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I guess I’ve never tasted a St. Louis pizza

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
STL style sucks, yeah it uses provel, and a cracker crust.

It's absolute trash garbage.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Black Sunshine posted:

Detroit style is just a pan pizza. I'll give them props for branding. Also for the delicious pizza because I love pan pizza

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I've been drunk in rural WI and got down on some great pizza with a cracker crust, but they used real loving cheese and not that provel plastic.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Ideally, Caleb walks in and says he doesnt give a poo poo about our rivalries, pizza, or hot dogs. He just wants to win. And winning means perogies. Boom, he wins over half the city in an instant.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

As I have learned from playing over a decade of The Worlds Largest Trivia Contest every year hosted in Steven’s Point, WI, I know that there are many pizzas, but only one Portesi

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ZombieCrew posted:

Ideally, Caleb walks in and says he doesnt give a poo poo about our rivalries, pizza, or hot dogs. He just wants to win. And winning means perogies. Boom, he wins over half the city in an instant.

Yes, but what kind of filling in the pirogies? I’m a sauerkraut or potato guy.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Potato and onion and cheese for me

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yes, but what kind of filling in the pirogies? I’m a sauerkraut or potato guy.

I'LL KILL YOU!

I agree. Also cheese

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I'm getting incredible deja vu right now

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Don't you want your new amazing #1 QB pick to power slide his Lambo into the press conference pop out and tell the media the history of the bears don't matter because every QB theyve had Since The War was trash and bad and he is The One.

Like what history of the bears matters in the context of quarterback. It's all been bad.

adaz fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 27, 2024

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Caleb Williams goes to Wisconsin, discovers bratwurst for the first time in his life, and can’t get enough.

He gains 200 lbs and washes out of the league.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Caleb Williams goes to Wisconsin, discovers bratwurst for the first time in his life, and can’t get enough.

He gains 200 lbs and washes out of the league.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

adaz posted:

Don't you want your new amazing #1 QB pick to power slide his Lambo into the press conference pop out and tell the media the history of the bears don't matter because every QB theyve had Since The War was trash and bad and he is The One.

Like what history of the bears matters in the context of quarterback. It's all been bad.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

The Packers only draft RAS freaks as a way to counter the weight increase and speed reduction the local cuisine will bring.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
learned the hard way *rolls Eddie Lacy into a P.F. Chang's*

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Black Sunshine posted:

It's a literal pizza pie.

Everyone is all "I'mma order twelve a pies" in some offensive Italian accent but if you bother to put forward a crust with filling, aka a pie, then y'all lose your poo poo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the daily show casserole thing was like 15 years ago i don't care if anyone doesn't like our stupid pizza but please i'm begging you find a new joke

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Fairly certain the Horsecollar was a kielbasa

Polish sausage > bratwurst

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

the daily show casserole thing was like 15 years ago i don't care if anyone doesn't like our stupid pizza but please i'm begging you find a new joke

No

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Also I didn’t even know that was from a sketch lol, I tried it and told my wife it was more like one of those instagram casseroles than a pizza :smug:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pizza is good

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Sataere posted:

Detroit style is just a pan pizza. I'll give them props for branding. Also for the delicious pizza because I love pan pizza

It is, but true Detroit Style has cheese up to the edges so its baked into the crust and the sauce is above.

I've seen "pan pizza" which to them was a square pan and a souffle of crust on the outside. No crispiness. :barf:

This

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Tomato and cheese and vegetables and bread is good and you're a freak if you think it's gross, whatever you want to call it

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
First of all, Jon Stewart is a national treasure.

Secondly, a pizza isn't a goddamn casserole nor is it a pie, it's just pizza and that Chicago slop sure as poo poo isn't pizza

Checkmate

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hey man great posts in here about Chicago pizza not really being pizza. Anyone have some fresh riffs about whether a hot dog is a sandwich

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly might need to get some pequod's this weekend

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

anyway what do you folks think the bears ought to do with the Quarterback Position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about the bears just drafting a middle linebacker at one