Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

xbilkis posted:

Da Bears

Da Bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

we miss you robbie

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

It was a poor move because he’s about to be an unrestricted free agent, mostly

Getting the dude to try to help the miserable WR squad was sound in the abstract

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Cavauro posted:

Greetings "Black and Blue Division" "We The North"! I was wondering who you thought the Cleveland Browns should select with the 74th overall draft pick! Let's go the Chicago Bears, the Detroit Lions, the Green Bay Packers, and the Minnesota Vikings!

trade it to the bears for the Nathan Peterman

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bijan rules but the Bears need a functional OLine first

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Odd lions picks but if they’re good the lions will be satisfied

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

huh

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bears draft is 2 guys who might be great in 3 years and not next year

and a tackle lol

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Niwrad posted:

I like the Stevenson pick a lot. They needed a big corner on the outside and this lets them keep Gordon at nickle. Steep price to move up 5 spots in the 2nd round, but that's a nice hole to fill.

Would not be opposed to the Bears taking Hiatt with their next pick.

Hyatt would be nice

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Woulda liked a WR here but I'm fine with this

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

xbilkis posted:

Two DTs without picking the Northwestern guy....brutal

RD Mangles in tears

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't know how it happens but Packers backup quarterback mitch trubi(n)sky is a thought that just keeps recurring in my diseased brain

it's destiny

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

because they were reverse vikings last season, loosing like 10 games by one score, so if Fields improves at all and scores one more point then suddenly they're 13-4 instead of 3-14

this is the quick reason to believe that the bears could reasonably do better than .500

I doubt they get to double digit wins because they have no QB pressure at all on defense and the DLine is reliant on developmental players in general, but a lot of the offense has a chance to be really good if fields improves (or at least doesn't regress), the OLine is less of a nightmare, and the receivers don't drop passes too much

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Metapod posted:

Chicago's Big10 team Ohio State has won many championships

Get out

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm not worried about the bears because they will never win another Super Bowl. I just want them to have a passing game for one or even two seasons. And for the packers to end up in QB hell.

from your posts to god's eyes

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

GNU Order posted:

Norm Macdonald voice
Kirk Cousins, quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings, when asked about the idea of having a gay teammate, said he would "welcome them" but that "nobody's perfect" and that he would "hope to lead them to Jesus".

I know the Bible says judge not lest ye be judged, but this guy sounds like a real jerk!

It’s nice that kirk’s looking out for jesus, his (one) gay hispanic friend

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I can't wait for Justin Fields to run for 3000 yards and throw 30 interceptions

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

advanced stats can't measure the importance of playing Bears Football

or the curse on Soldier Field that ensures the team plays Bears Football

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Danny LaFever posted:

gently caress the packers. Lions sweeping them again this year.

please

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Unless you're just a gloomy Gus I do not get why anyone thinks Love will do better than Fields.

Better Oline, worse opposing defense, ancient curse on the bears QB position

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Lions Bitch???

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Help,
Idiot
Team
Sucks

The Bears are going to get destroyed and I’ll be very sad

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm already so mad at the Bears for screwing up today's game and they haven't even started playing yet

Same

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

lol

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

trevorreznik posted:

At least Trestman won 8 games in a season and had the second highest scoring offense in the league

A shame the defense decided it was the right year to fall off a cliff entirely lol

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Daaaaaaa Bears

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Fields makes me sad

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Wollawolla posted:

I like everything I've seen from Jordan Love's arm, and he seems to make good decisions with where he's throwing the football. I'm excited to see how he looks with his #1 receiver active again. I'll hold off on anointing him until I see how he performs in a must-win 2 minute drill situation, and I'm still nervous about the fumbled exchanges with center and how that's going to go in bad weather.

probably worth seeing how he is against a good team before calling him another hall of famer, but I do think it's fair to say that he's at least alright

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I think Chase Claypool might be bad

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

man, lions, that loving sucks

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

xbilkis posted:

What's this thing the Falcons are doing where they're getting defenders close to Jordan Love while he's passing? Seems unfair; glad the Bears didn't resort to such underhanded tactics last week

yeah the QB should remain untouched and at peace

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

trevorreznik posted:

Shocking that Jordan love doesn't look all that with the game on the line. Pretty funny that there's so much hype about him hitting 3 tds a game but c'mon, he had 150 yards against a mediocre defense

Eh I think he looked pretty solid

Not amazing and the preseason thought of "hey is he good under pressure at all?" might hold water, but solid and definitely capable of going far with a really good supporting cast (which he, um, may not have)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Scipiotik posted:

Congrats nfc north. A silver lining in an otherwise terrible lions loss. Not even sure it's the worst loss of the week for the north.

no that'd be the bears

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

Trestman hosed back to Canada and became like they're greatest coach of all time so maybe it wasn't him?

It's a hot take but I think, if the defense didn't immediately die in Trestman's first season, he would have been pretty good

I don't think he could coach a losing team tho so it would likely always end somewhat like it did

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

What the gently caress, bears

This is absolutely jumping up the trestman scale

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

actually i personally witnessed alan williams and charles tillman fistfighting on the roof of halas hall

Peanut punched him out of a job

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

people, people, let's all come together in this:

holy gently caress do the bears suck lmao

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This last two minutes of the half is lasting forever and somehow the Chiefs just keep scoring more and more points. :lol:

I want to see Mahomes break the points record

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

MJeff posted:

The Packers took an entire game to score 38 against this team? They might be even worse than I thought.

this is why I thought Love wasn't the next rodgers

he was like 8/17 at one point vs the bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

trevorreznik posted:

Think there's a bye week firing if they're winless?

if they don't improve in at least 1 way, any way at all

then yeah