Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Thank god all NFL players spent at least a year in college, meaning they were accepted to an institution based on educational merit.

I got a hearty chuckle today realizing that 10% of the NFL considers keeping the Packers out of the playoffs at least as good as making it to the postseason.

This is why no one likes packers fans lmao.

No fan of any team, if lets say the math somehow worked out where if the Packers win a game, both their team and the Packers go into the playoffs, Would root against the Packers winning that game.

But in the frequent situations where my team can't make the playoffs hell yeah gently caress them dudes. And honestly it's gently caress them dudes less, and more gently caress Packers fans.

Packers have a bunch of players I actually sorta like.

Also football players in college are almost literally forced to not take real classes. They are not there for school, they are there to make money for the college by playing football. But sure take a shot at the players and not the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Dexo posted:

Also football players in college are almost literally forced to not take real classes. They are not there for school, they are there to make money for the college by playing football. But sure take a shot at the players and not the system.

:thejoke:

Also, did you assume that I was a packers fan? I don’t know what about my post made you think that, but I demand an apology.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

If you really wanna talk about it though, football should have a minor league instead of the NCAA system.

Still bothered that you called me a packers fan. What the gently caress man.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Can't believe you called someone a Packers fan. Not cool.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Lunchables posted:

If you really wanna talk about it though, football should have a minor league instead of the NCAA system.

Still bothered that you called me a packers fan. What the gently caress man.

the most brutal insult

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sataere posted:

Look, I've seen too many packers fans who unironically believe this.

My sincere apologies for levying the harshest insult possible, calling someone a packers fan when they weren't one, I can only beg for forgiveness for being so careless with my words.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the packers. Lions sweeping them again this year.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Jesus Christ, some things you can't just take back.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Erroneously calling a person a packers ownership certificate holder and then having to duel them.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Danny LaFever posted:

:hmmyes:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Danny LaFever posted:

inshallah

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
As a packers team owner I am excited for next sunday.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Danny LaFever posted:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Danny LaFever posted:

please

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

mods

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
So clevland signed both pj walker and alex leatherwood. Does that mean the bears are off the hook for the guaranteed money? I think leatherwood is just on the practice squad.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

xbilkis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXq8C5sbRzU

This is, to my memory, how literally every single remotely close Bears-Packers game of the Rodgers era has ended

gently caress CHRIS CONTE

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Sataere posted:

Someone revoke his mod status!!!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ZombieCrew posted:

So clevland signed both pj walker and alex leatherwood. Does that mean the bears are off the hook for the guaranteed money? I think leatherwood is just on the practice squad.

Leatherwood does another

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh man, it would be cool if there was football today

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

ZombieCrew posted:

No Bears are still on the hook because Cleveland didn’t claim him off waivers and inherit the contract.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hand Row posted:

No Bears are still on the hook because Cleveland didn’t claim him off waivers and inherit the contract.

So are one or both currently getting paid by both teams simultaneously?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Both teams are paying him. It’s uncommon for this to occur because guaranteed money is usually signing bonuses and in the early years of the contract before you actually get cut. It’s usually just cap hits on money already paid, which Leatherwood actually does on the Raiders cap because of his signing bonus so he has the fun of being on three teams caps this year. You got to really stink for this to happen on a first rounder contract in this case. I mean poo poo look how bad lineman are in the league right now and the Bears would rather eat 5 million on him rather than him being your 10th lovely lineman.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh man, it would be cool if there was football today

There's FSU LSU...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

forkboy84 posted:

There's FSU LSU...

North Western was down 24-0 late in the fourth

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

PneumonicBook posted:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I am excited for the packers... to lose!!! :devil:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

trevorreznik posted:

I was going to rank most dispiriting bears losses to the packers but it's pretty obviously the NFC champ game that led to their only title.

Maybe not an entire game but may I submit this particular moment?

https://twitter.com/wendellfp/status/1697785718939017406

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

SKULL.GIF posted:

Maybe not an entire game but may I submit this particular moment?

https://twitter.com/wendellfp/status/1697785718939017406

That play used to bum me the hell out but then I realized with Rodgers arm pushing the ball forward, it would have been an incomplete pass on review if the bears picked it up

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

trevorreznik posted:

That play used to bum me the hell out but then I realized with Rodgers arm pushing the ball forward, it would have been an incomplete pass on review if the bears picked it up

The refs simply appreciate the naturally likable Green Bay packers football team and give them the benefit of the doubt over their treacherous opponents

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

North Western was down 24-0 late in the fourth

hey now, they managed to score a touchdown (please kill the program now)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Winning it for Fitz

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

My wife asked if I was interested and turned on nailed it when I said no.
Good for them they finally got a point

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I am excited for the packers... to lose!!! :devil:

:yeah:

But then I wake up.

HootTheOwl posted:

My wife asked if I was interested and turned on nailed it when I said no.
Good for them they finally got a point

Nailed It is a great show and so is the new elimination reality show spinoff. Would recommend watching after the Bears give up a Jordan Love 2-minute drill TD to cap off a 10+ point comeback win.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

But then I wake up.

Nailed It is a great show and so is the new elimination reality show spinoff. Would recommend watching after the Bears give up a Jordan Love 2-minute drill TD to cap off a 10+ point comeback win.

drat Bears were good enough to get a 10pt lead.

Progress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is going to take like 10 minutes for bears fans to realize we're tanking again.\

packers 54 bears 0.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

But then I wake up.

We're liking it but we only put it in when we're very tired and I've slept through a few episodes

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

drat Bears were good enough to get a 10pt lead.

Progress

That's how the last game went

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is going to take like 10 minutes for bears fans to realize we're tanking again.\

packers 54 bears 0.

Followed by fans demanding that bagent kid get a chance