Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

ZombieCrew posted:

Not by me. This is the right take. Im just pissed we gotta go against him twice a year. He gonna fuckin steam roll us like Cedric Benson (rip).

drat I forgot that he had died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

I've never seen this before but Fields's reaction to getting drafted by the bears is like a guy being told to walk the plank lmao. https://twitter.com/BearsNationCHI/status/1651733554311618561?s=20

:drat:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

They will win 6 games, tops.

200% Improvement baby!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Hand Row posted:

You might be confusing that with the Wrigley piss trenches

Hey now, the trough urinals were a historical institution. You weren't experiencing a true, authentic Cubs game unless you waited in line half the game to take a piss while a river of piss exited past you and sometimes engulfed your shoes.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I had the same experience in Cleveland after game 7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWXLwp3-af8

I was on a plane flying from Phoenix to Nashville with my wife, since she was going to a work conference. When they won in overtime, people on the plane started singing it. Wished I had recorded it.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

They are...and Love is very good too

Mitch was great at times in the preseason too.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Sataere posted:

Can't believe you called someone a Packers fan. Not cool.

Someone revoke his mod status!!!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

being the worst sports franchise in North America is inherently dour

I didn't know you were a Arizona Cardinals fan.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm glad the Bears showed us who they were in week 1, so I don't need to bother hoping. I'm firmly rooting for Detroit to win this division now. Lions, bitch!

:same:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I mean, yeah, it sucks that he missed some basic passes; at the same time, feeling like you have to be prepared to run for your life every. single. loving. down., because the OL is so bad, might do that to a QB.

I still think Fields could be a good-to-great QB, if he could just be protected properly, and instead it seems like Poles & Co., views his ability to run as a means to avoid spending/drafting on the OL, instead of it just being a backup option in case the line occasionally breaks down.

At this point I'm starting to think that when the Bears are looking for a GM, the first and last question on an interview exam is: "Do you believe in investing in the offensive line", and anything short of "No" gets you disqualified.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

unfortunately all evidence of the past several decades indicates quite strongly that the They in question are not smart.

Ownership is the problem, and that is never changing, short of some younger McCaskey somehow actually caring enough while knowing to stay the gently caress out of decision making.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Dexo posted:

I think the Halas Fail-Children are going to cash out on the Bears the moment that Mommy dies.

This stadium and Arlington Heights complex they are looking to build is, just to add value.

God I hope so

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also I'm not gonna lie, all the talk of the Bears going after Caleb just reminds me of this post:

hot take: if I'm in charge of the Bears and they're in position to draft Caleb, I would trade down. Some other team will be happy to pay a king's ransom to ruin another generational talent, and in the meantime you can use those picks to actually build up the team so whatever QB you have actually gets a chance to succeed, as opposed to getting sacked ten times a game.

Yeah, but this requires competent management and a competent GM, and, uh, about that...

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

C-Euro posted:

I will go to my grave convinced that this would have happened to Rodgers yesterday had he still been playing for the Packers.

The game result wouldn’t have changed though.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

He spent two or three seasons coming into the NFC North thread to do nothing but sneer with superficial comprehension about the Packers. Can't imagine why I'd see a resemblance.

To be fair the 49ers kinda own the Packers in the playoffs, like how the Packers own the Bears.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Dexo posted:

I they made a grandfathered rule for family owned teams like the Bears/Giants/Steelers wrt that rule.

I believe like the McCaskey's/Rooney's/Mara's only need one person who has a 10% stake in the team

I think they gave them an initial exception, but I think once she does pass away, they have to get to the 30% mark? There was an article awhile back about how the family was coming up with a plan to re-consolidate the various family ownership shares to at least hit 30%.

Edit:

here it is: https://ontapsportsnet.com/bears/the-succession-plan-mccaskeys-have-plan-in-place-for-chicago-bears-ownership-family

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 13, 2023

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

hughesta posted:

0-17 is absolutely on the table

God I want to see it. I mean, I don't want to see it, but I want to see it.

Also, Packers fans might want to wait until they play an actual competent team from start to finish, before actually drawing conclusions off data points.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

I really appreciate the Bears being downright awful. It’s easier to not care. When they’re out there winning like 8 games is when it really sucks.

Yeah, at this point, I just want to see 0-17

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't bring myself to try to make jokes about the Bears. It's just a dead loving last franchise in every single respect.

Even the Cardinals beat Fat Mike.

I'm a fan of both the Bears and the Cardinals. And my mother is dying of cancer. This year is awesome.

(massive sarcasm of course)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Oh jeez I'm so sorry man, that's awful

Thanks; yeah, I just found out about two weeks ago that my mother was hiding a growth from all of us, but she honestly thought it wasn't anything to worry about, and there was a bunch of other stuff going on. But it got infected, she was acting weird, and she ultimately had to admit to it. A 10 day hospital stay cleared up the infection, but now we're waiting to meet with the oncologist to see what, if any, treatment they plan to do. Stage 4 melanoma that has metastasized from the leg growth to her groin lymph nodes, tail bone, and liver.

The last few days, since she's not eating great, some of the wounds she had aren't healing now, etc., we're starting to ponder how long she has and how soon she'll need hospice. It sucks.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I know it's been a few days and a lot of pages, but I just wanted to thank all of you for the nice thoughts/statements. I really appreciate it.

She ended up back in the hospital about two days ago due to leg swelling, where the found she'd developed a clot in the leg with the tumor and also some clots in her lungs. She's on Heparin currently and they're planning to put a port in tomorrow to start her on immunotherapy treatment (she ended up with a new oncologist, who was confused about why the prior one she saw hadn't already started her on an IV option while waiting for the tumor genetic testing to come back for an oral-based treatment).

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Timby posted:

As someone who takes anticoagulation medication daily after nearly dying from multiple clotting episodes (was ultimately diagnosed with Factor V Leiden seven and a half years ago), that's scary stuff. You and your mom hang in there.

Thanks! Yeah, they have her down as a fall risk, and basically told her to not try to do anything without nurses present, since a simple fall on Heparin I guess could mean a brain bleed and death? Really scary stuff.

It sounds like she'll be on anti-coal medication too going forward. It sounds like one of the main problems is that the tumor in her pelvic lymph nodes is pushing on the main vein, so it's constricting flow and also allowing clots to form as a result. Hopefully once she starts the immunotherapy, the tumors will respond to it and shrink some.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

trevorreznik posted:

Grats to David Montgomery on now being 1-7 in his career against the Packers

Now I'm curious, which bears players have beaten the Packers? Checking their free agents now
Edit TJ Edwards beat them twice with Philly, so 2-2 now.
Tremaine Edwards 1-2. There may well be zero bears players with a winning record vs the pack

You can't count the first 7 because "Bears"

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

One from 2021 when the Packers had the division completely wrapped up, swept them last year, and then folded them up in the first half today.

If he keeps it up, we could probably say that Dan Campbell "owns" the Packers

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Dr. Lunchables posted:

By the transitive property we also own the bears

Everyone owns the Bears

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Gonz posted:

Speaking of insane stats:

So what you're saying is... there's hope for Fields yet!

(if he can escape to another team)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Man, after the last few weeks being complete poo poo, and today being a giant shitfest, I finally get to check out the game.

At this point I just can laugh, because that’s beyond ridiculous. The Bears.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

At this point I think I’d rather have Trestman back.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Ummagumma posted:

For all his faults he avoided losing 14 in a row

At there was at least a brief window where his team was entertaining and seemed good.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Gonz posted:

Eberflus: "Please, please, please leave the room if this will... if this will affect you."

*proceeds to show all fourth quarter highlights*

Alan Williams resigned because he got tired of editing snuff film.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Apples McGrind posted:

“McKaskey’s head is lined up for kill. The Guillotine is up… and it is… double doinked

FTFY

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

xbilkis posted:

It's so funny because whatever Z-tier color guy was working today's game was immediately like "Yeah pass rushers in 2023 are just not gonna get tricked on the playaction on this play" and Getsy has called it, seen it not work, and continued to call it so many times

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would love to see Toronto get a team, but there’s no way Chicago would lose a team

At this point, move the Bears to Toronto and give Chicago an expansion team. At least an expansion team would probably win a few games.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

Anyway folks I know we've had fun but don't let the Bears distract you from the fact that the Lions blew out the Packers at home and at halftime the Packers had 21 yards of offense.

Future Hall of Famer Jordan Love!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

After the Commanders destroy the Bears on Thursday, just rename them to the Washington Bearskins

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Maybe it’s just that Matt Ebersucks

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

SirPablo posted:

Vikings will do the most Vikings thing possible.

Beat Mahomes in Week 5.

Lose to... whatever Chicago is in Week 6.

gently caress that, don't go jinxing 0-17!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Malaria posted:

Oh poo poo, I did not know that!

Well ok maybe they will actually shake things up when he retires!

Or they’ll just promote/hire his hand picked replacement.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

then I have no clue WTF Poles is doing.

Don’t worry, neither does he!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

MJeff posted: