Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

do it again uncle willy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
wtf were you searching to get that kind of highlighting lol

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Beeftweeter posted:

the answer is in the highlighting, friend

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
seems like a pretty bad dude

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

John Charity Spring posted:

the answer is in the highlighting, friend

i mean, some of the words in the quote are highlighted around it, but some aren't

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
american general bad? news to me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Beeftweeter posted:

wasnt my search OP, just found it on the internet

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the onyl good white mani s donald j trump

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

it's not pretty but we needed him to take down the confederates on their own terms, just like the shinsengumi in Japan or snake pliskin in New York

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

I thought General Sherman was a tree in California. But like a famous one. Even trees can be celebrities in California. It's that kind of state.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
general sherman is a catfish

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
least genocidal D&D gangtag

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
They are called natives. What the hell is wrong with you OP?

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Beeftweeter posted:

general sherman is a catfish

has anyone ever managed to catch this magnificent beast?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
General Sherman is CANCELLED

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vyelkin posted:

General Sherman is CANCELLED

canceled with one L please

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

his middle name was tecumseh... how ironic.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

rip john lewis

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
even by these low standards he was considered a lover

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I’m the highlighted “and”s

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
OP this man fought for our freedoms. He may not be perfect but you need to come down off your high horse and give our troops the respect they deserve. Those Indians were no angels.

It's from GiP I believe.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
general sperman

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Huh, I always thought that was a GiP tag. But thinking back... Yeah I see why it's associated with D&D. That's because of the crossover GIPCE had with D&D. I guess it just kinda kept growing over there. gently caress, I think I'm the last dude flying welfare queens on site. Saw an ol skillcraft crew avatar pack and thought I was looking at a fossil, that poo poo happened a decade ago. How boring are your posts that you are still flying those colors after all these years.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Like seeing a dude at the BX in BDUs and shiney black boots. How the gently caress did you find this ancient dress uniform? How has no master Sargeant knife handed you and instructed you to unfuck yourself and use your clothing allowance for it's intended purpose one time in the entire time of your existance AIRMAN SHMUCKATELLEE

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

quote:

Grant stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk, and now we stand by each other.

William Tecumseh Sherman

Just a quick heads up you are making fun of a bisexual man with mental health issues

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Huh, I always thought that was a GiP tag. But thinking back... Yeah I see why it's associated with D&D. That's because of the crossover GIPCE had with D&D. I guess it just kinda kept growing over there. gently caress, I think I'm the last dude flying welfare queens on site. Saw an ol skillcraft crew avatar pack and thought I was looking at a fossil, that poo poo happened a decade ago. How boring are your posts that you are still flying those colors after all these years.

what???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Like seeing a dude at the BX in BDUs and shiney black boots. How the gently caress did you find this ancient dress uniform? How has no master Sargeant knife handed you and instructed you to unfuck yourself and use your clothing allowance for it's intended purpose one time in the entire time of your existance AIRMAN SHMUCKATELLEE

huh????????

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

oh great, now i have to throw out all my general sherman LPs

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

oh great, now i have to throw out all my general sherman LPs

separate the art from the artist

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have PTSD but for bad posts. That is my service rated disability

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

KirbyKhan posted:

fuckin DUNSON'd

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Turtle Watch posted:

Just a quick heads up you are making fun of a bisexual man with mental health issues

No, sleeping in the same bed with your buddy was not necessarily gay, it was just the style at the time. It's easy to see how, with our modern sensibilities, that nonsexual things like spooning your bud while he sleeps, giving him tender kisses at the nape of his neck, and spending hours lovingly creating a scrimshaw of his erect penis can be misinterpreted by amateur historians as evidence of a sexual relationship, but the historical record just does not bear that out.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Azathoth posted:

No, sleeping in the same bed with your buddy was not necessarily gay, it was just the style at the time. It's easy to see how, with our modern sensibilities, that nonsexual things like spooning your bud while he sleeps, giving him tender kisses at the nape of his neck, and spending hours lovingly creating a scrimshaw of his erect penis can be misinterpreted by amateur historians as evidence of a sexual relationship, but the historical record just does not bear that out.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

And Abraham Lincon was racist as gently caress.

Doesn't change the fact the Sherman ripped the throat out of the Southern war economy.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

I thought General Sherman was a tree in California. But like a famous one. Even trees can be celebrities in California. It's that kind of state.

that was a reactionary rebrand

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

exmarx posted:

that was a reactionary rebrand

hahahahaha america

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
this fella needs to do better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU