Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wouldn't be a problem if ukers had just stayed in their little island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Trade is just two-way stealing with extra steps.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why do we let Russia have land at all? They stink at it and they've been the bad guy for all of its history.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wild he is even allowed to run for president and isn't in jail

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If I were the leader of Russia I'd work on making my people really nice and chill so they can be invited to move to nicer places and turn the place into a national park.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Maybe they're just planning ahead for when the oceans rise. People laughed at Noah too and then he killed them all with his water bending.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wouldn't be the first time a civilization destroyed others with bronze age technology. Bronze age weaponry ended more nations than nukes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Didn't popes support Hitler too? Crazy how the organization that fights human rights and systematically facilitates sex crimes seems to be in the moral wrong so often.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
War sucks, just go home

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's a technically a valid sentence like "buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo mango habanero buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The Russia of your Russia is your russia

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How come we never did anything about them manipulating our elections? If we got 9/11 2 nobody would even care, we'd skip straight to the forget step.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Maybe next time Putin will think before pissing off the drones

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Russian Dora the explorer sucks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Celexi posted:

I see people post here they don't know why "is" would attack Russia, but all you have to do is remember that they probably have a grudge with russia for helping assad against them.

I've never had an issue wondering why someone would attack Russia, history has heaps of reasons for everyone.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tafferling posted:

Is this like murder on the Orient Express when Poirot discovers that everyone is in on it?

Thanks for spoiling. I only saw the doctor who version where a mummy did it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should try trick that at Putin's house.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What does the Hearthstone player have to do with this.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sending negative thoughts and prayers to their missiles

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Putin should be blackballed, I know I'll never see a movie with his fugly mug in it so don't even bother makin em.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ah so he supports China taking back their most ancient and historical empire, a great deal of which currently occupied by Russia.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 28, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RBA-Wintrow posted:

From wikipedia:

The canal aims to minimise shipping traffic in the Bosporus. It is projected to have a capacity of 160 vessel transits a day – similar to the current volume of traffic through the Bosporus, where traffic congestion leaves ships queuing for days to transit the strait.

Some analysts have speculated that the main reason for construction of the canal is to bypass the Montreux Convention, which limits the number and tonnage of warships from non-Black Sea powers that could enter the sea via the Bosporus, as well as prohibiting tolls on traffic passing through it. Indeed, in January 2018, the Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım announced that the Istanbul Canal would not be subject to the Montreux Convention.

The stated purpose of the project is to reduce the large marine traffic through the Bosporus and minimise the risks and dangers associated particularly with tankers.

About 41,000 vessels of all sizes pass yearly through the Istanbul Strait, among them 8,000 tankers carrying 145 million tons of crude oil. International pressure is growing to increase the marine traffic tonnage through the Turkish straits, which brings risks for the security of marine navigation during the passage.

Observers said the plan to charge transit fees to oil and gas tankers is unrealistic, as long as free passage is guaranteed through the Bosporous. However, Article 3 of the Montreux convention does allow sanitary inspections before transiting the Bosphorus, leading to speculation that Turkey might apply lengthy sanitary inspections, making the canal a faster alternative.

So it looks like it would give Turkey more freedom on tolls. Or let in more warships than allowed by the Convention.
You're currently not getting a carrier battle group into the black sea. Not even a french or british one!

Also reduced wait time as it's a very busy strait.

Would they even need to make the old canal worse to drive traffic to their toll road, if it's really backed up for days as it is? Surely some would pay the toll to essentially skip ahead of the free line a few days?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sorry I'm waiting for my doge coins to escrow

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

haddedam posted:

Id pieman was anything to go by, luka could roll over russia without resistance as long as he promised to genocide all ukranians and war even harder.

Why doesn't Russia just give up on Ukraine who clearly don't want them there and just take over Belarus, who seem into it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They always said in school to numb your conscience and study up on industrial warfare and get good war profiteering scores of your tests so you can grow up and profit from the death of innocents dying for masters and causes outside their control.

But I just wanted to be an artist, whoops. live n learn

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should also get out of Mongolia, looks like they just steal the najoirty of Mongolian mineral wealth for themselves.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just saw an article Estonia found a bunch more shells

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't get betraying good guys team, everyone hates the guy who betrays the heros. Betraying the bad guys is the cool traitoring, this idiot must've gotten real turned around somewhere.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What a fuckin jerk. I can't even leave the country to go on vacation and this fucker vamooses to go be an evil torture guy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mistle posted:

That's pretty much just a pair of commercial heavy-duty utility blades like in a retractable box cutter, that's some "U.S. Army Tactical Manual for Improvised Weapons" poo poo

It's more like Occam's Razor, the razor.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Seems like it would be a bad idea to make an Instagram reel of all your weapons but what do I know I never played war thunder

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's loving terrible. Forced to fight, try to not, get sent back. Presumably they are just treated worse, whatever that means for an army that makes torture pits for its own soldiers.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mistle posted:

Imaging stalks on the second set don't match the first, that's two sets.

It's within "technically still Article 5" Poland, and even if Russia has the people to surveil the presence of military equipment, they don't have the force projection to do anything about it that far away from any friendly fronts.

I'm sure the commanders are avoiding that fate for themselves when they inflict it on others. Not excusing it, just explaining it.

I didn't mean that picture, I meant the person who seemed to expect 1 billion worth of things lined up .

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i just dont how we can be in a war against russia for so long and republicans just don't care don't even try to pretend we can win our wars or act like we even want to

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

Lol you are literally in the exact same boat with that claim unless you have access to information covering the distribution of Ukrainian air defense units, their stockpile of ammunition, and details on their intercept rates/failures.

You don't need all that info to know the side that's being attacked and has had weapons assist held back for most of a year have fewer defenses for targets that evidently could not be defended.

But even before that, what you're suggesting is that Russia will play nice if the people they have been trying to genocide since 1923 would just stop resisting, which is horrifyingly stupid for reasons you shouldn't have to have explained to you.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

Your still making an assumption/conjecture on that, and the recent pattern of the strikes don't actually fit that narrative. Russian strikes this year post all the oil refinery strikes have been larger and more coordinated than earlier in war. Either of those could explain an increase in hits.

Actually it is self evident that Ukrainian targets that have been destroyed were not adequately defended. You can tell because they were destroyed, instead of not destroyed.

Stopped reading after you were going off of reasons Russia gave for their actions as of it were something you should ever consider taking at face value and it was clear you weren't making a joke, like you really typed it out because it's part of your argument of why Ukraine should not attack the people actively trying to genocide them, which is another set of stupid loving horseshit you shouldn't type.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sometimes the best available is still inadequate for the job. Like the best we can do is tell you to stop posting that stupid stuff and several of us pitched in for a bunch of those but it wasn't enough - you repeated your bad idea again.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

I've said it before, but I loving HATE how these guys write.

I don't mind it, something about it just signals to my brain to not even bother speed reading it, just shuts down the part of the brain that can interpret glyphs. Then the next few posts reacting proved my brain did me a favour.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Reckon we oughta just replace Russian government with a global council set by the G7 and UN. Russia obviously can't be trusted to self govern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Remember when America, after invading Iraq, brought out their kids in military garb on stage and had their kids hold their dead fathers' pictures in honor of their parent's sacrifice?

Later George Bush would start painting portraits of people he lied to and got killed for bad reasons. He then gives these paintings to the family and they smile in photos with him, seeming grateful to the dude who murdered their kid. Even the worst serial killers never tainted families of victims, let alone obligate such positive attention from the family.