Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So up at my cottage in rural Canada. It is right on the highway between CFB Petawawa and CFB Trenton where our big airbase is. Been seeing a lot of military hardware, especially vehicles been going towards Trenton from Petawawa. Wonder where it's going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Vakal posted:

Probably wildfire stuff.

Not sure how armored cars with machine guns fight wildfires

Edit: also the wildfires are closer to Petawawa then Trenton. By a significant amount.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Lammasu posted:

Their entire plan seems to be to stall till NATO runs out of money or Trump gets elected, neither of which are likely to happen.

Keep in mind any Canadian politician who says that Ukraine doesn't need funding is committing political suicide. This is why even our hard right people are supporting Ukraine in the war.

(For context, there are millions of Ukrainian-Canadians and our pop is only 40 mil, so pissing off a large part of our voters is real dumb)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672329967902904320?t=9heRowXXtofFg8ilB8KCdg&s=19

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Imagine if this was just Pirzy being a pissbaby again, but then the FSB and everyone taking him seriously and trying to hammer him made him actually back up his threats this time

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

KitConstantine posted:

Reminder that the hornets nest kicking we are seeing has global implications
https://twitter.com/notaterrornerd/status/1672558705026428928?t=XFUr7m7G4HCxgvtxZBcjhw&s=19
https://twitter.com/notaterrornerd/status/1672560298480357383?t=9SBMHgKcrPMhhX8taF4alg&s=19

(Tweeter is someone I've followed for a long time who's had some uhhh interesting travel gigs)

I assume Candians means Canadians. Which uh, interesting company for us to be lumped with and also, of loving course our loving country is trying our hand at colonialism.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/status/1672541087020339200?t=a1NOkAB-IbjGfjQMB7w_NQ&s=19

Lol

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

is that happening?

You wouldn't believe the sick burns the costco thread is suffering

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

New Ukrainian tank has entered the field, look at this absolute unit

Don't doxx me plz

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1674370881332686851

Lol

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Lol that a significant number of them just hosed off the Chechnya instead. And now that hotdog boy is down, you think Putin is gonna go after his allies in the prison system too?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hey, the Canadians also got Timmies set up too.
:canada:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Trudeau is still PM tho?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

gently caress at this point, I expect Russia to compound bad decisions by saying they need to take the fight to NATO, invade Alaska, make it down to the Yukon and have just like, a dozen pissed off drunk Canadian hunters kill them all.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

What is with all the tankies showing up?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Gretzky has a mediocre whisky business in his name but on the other hand so do a lot of dumbass celebs.

Hey also incredibly mid wine too.

The best thing I can say about it is I recently got a case of it for $50 and had sangria for weeks

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Prettz posted:

Eh, there's LOTS of Jews who are full blown nazis. Not that it's not a good retort against the kind of smoothbrains who think Zelensky is a nazi. But self-hating Jews are bugfuck insane.

Ben Shapiro comes to mind

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Tai posted:

lmao wtf is this?

Chechens fighting for Ukraine are starting to do ambushes in Russia (Belgorod) on military vehicles. This war is loves to do curve balls

Got a source on this? Cause that's def interesting

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Considering their supplies issues, mobiks have been set to slappers only

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Yes

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, bridge blown up, we getting another round of hilldawg avs?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Yes, Zimmerman really did think that asking a country in the middle of it's own civili war to invade its northernly neighbhor was a good idea. Zimmerman may not have been the smartest fella.

I wanna see the alt history where he tried that poo poo with Canada, offering to help us out from the British Thumb and let us take territory lost in 1812(yes Inknow we didn't lose any).

Actually if it had succeeded it had a much bigger likelihood of winning the war, what with the outsized affect Canadian and other dominion troops had on the British side

Hell just throw a bone to Quebec separatists and promise them full recognition as a nation post war.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Karma Comedian posted:

Please stop talking about YouTubers

But I need to know what the Try Guys have done for Ukraine

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I noted you didn't say Puccian higher ups

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

spankmeister posted:

It's a loving jet engine, what do you expect when you point the exhaust directly at asphalt?

A melted penis?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

At the very very least Canada, due to it's significantly large Ukrainian emigrate population (about 3% of the national pop) will keep funding and supporting. Any politician who even hints at pulling support would immediately lose the next election

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Coolguye posted:

there's GENUINELY no downside. i simply don't see it. russia has been the ""evil empire"" for generations. these countries have found a way to oppose the ""evil empire"" without making a single widow or orphan among their constituents. they even found a way to accomplish it without spending very much money since it's all bullshit they had in warehouses. and apparently, they're going to suddenly go the other way because it takes a year longer than they kinda felt like it was? why would they care?

My friend, remember, even in WWI before Zimmerman shot his and his countries dick off, it was a percieved similar situation to now with that added bonus of a neighboring country doing the fight too to generate sympathy and it was still touch and go if the US would stop sending weapons and supplies.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

you'll know when they do because about 80% of all avs on SA being replaced with AI Zelensky in various Star Trek uniforms

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Ideally it's a ploy to blow up what they can causing Russia to pull troops from the front to defend the back

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

kuarduck posted:

How does an active shooting war only justify a 20% increase in risk payments? Shouldn't that be much higher since Ukraine had already shown they will attack these tankers?

The actuarial tables for flight from windows for insurance execs is something

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Poldarn posted:

I'm an idiot civilian, but - it looks like the first two tanks to get hit have impacts right on their fronts. Are those not mines?

Could be both? Like Ukraine marked it as a kill zone, mines were there. When the first tank hit a mine and bogged down the convoy is when arty started on the sitting ducks?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Strategic Tea posted:

As Col Sharpe put it - "we've killed officers in blue coats, red coats... even white coats. A bad officer is better off dead"

Hell, man tried to snipe the commander who wiped out three prime British regiments at Waterloo.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Turns out there was a second hot dog man assassination

https://twitter.com/acoyne/status/1698132631961940081?t=Kbs-l3qu7tpTfkd7hXrndw&s=19

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

lushka16 posted:

Can someone explain this to me?

Someone who spent too much time in the CSPAM tankie thread

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Meanwhile Canadian Forces have in their kit at all times the materiel to set up a temporary tim hortons

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I liked it

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

someone remind me which british prime minister it was that hosed the pig as part of fraternity rituals

David Cameron

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Oh gently caress me. Musk probably hurriedly agreed to support another attack to save his rear end and the Ukrainians did the drone attack again this time without Elon pulling the cord

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Interesting thread from a hockey journalist

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/status/1702366231104229758?t=2QnDUKBGVgifw1mSbb3nAg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So Syphon Filter?