Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1635342782238969856
Poo Tin thinks the world envies his mafia run gas station. How cute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Actually laughed IRL at this. Seriously, people were just looking at me in the train, and I've never been so happy to be so embarrassed.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HonorableTB posted:

What the gently caress :stare:

Russian propaganda has been full mask off for a while, it's not surprising. That said, I kind of want to see that Prigozhin movie :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HonorableTB posted:

This is a pro-Ukrainian account though, that's a really bad take I wouldn't have expected from EuromaidanPR

zone posted:

This is a pro Ukrainian account that made a very stupid and disgusting tweet, though.

Oh drat, I didn't realize that, in which case the :stare: is fully-deserved.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HonorableTB posted:

They mean we plebs will never know. It's almost certain that intelligence agencies know exactly who, what, when, where, why, and how and it's more advantageous to western interests to not disclose it. About the only country I'm sure DIDN'T do it is Russia ironically.

My own :tinfoil: guess is that it wasn't any state actor, but some other big petrochemical company doing a shadowrun; IIRC a lot of oil went through Nordstream, and cutting off Russian oil might have meant big bucks for some other corporate entity, or at least it would have until Europe decided to go (somewhat) green.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

so this is a thumb at the Putin faction and MOD

IIRC Girkin's part of the pro-FSB faction, so it in his dudes' best interest to make the regular military look bad.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'll be honest, I'm actually kind of surprised Russia still has significant enough numbers of these in storage that they could send to the front; I'd have thought the vast majority were scrapped and/or recycled over the years to make way for newer models, with a small amount being put in museums or kept as trainer tanks or whatever. Does the US have a strategic reserve of Shermans? Will France need to fear British Churchills and Challengers making their way across the Channel tunnel?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zone posted:

Jesus, Strelkov just keeps going off, doesn't he, I wonder if the FSB even approved of this beforehand or he just winged it without giving a gently caress

Not sure what's funnier- Girkin going off the reservation and just winging it (he should; it's good practice for good post-window times), or if this is the FSB's first open shot at the Kremlin.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Anything come out of the rumour that Progozhin's pulling the Wanker SS out of the war?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
SO they guy trying to wipe out art as well as kill children and pregnant women is named Atroschenko? Man, these writers are hacks.

But seriously though, what a garbage pile of a person. We can only pray he falls out a window sometime soon for his failure to do anything but war crimes.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zone posted:

This hateful woman had better count her days of freedom.

Wouldn't she be safe as long as she stays in Russia? As much as I'd like Lady Haw-Haw to end up like Lord Haw-Haw, that might not be possible, at least for the short-term.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Eh, I don't think it's unrealistic that there'd be some specforce dudes training Ukrainian forces; there's only so much I suppose they'd be able to do on training fields far from the battlefield.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As horrible as the prospect is, I have to admit some cackling portion of my lizard brain is absolutely salivating for a Chinese reconquista of Russia.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MadDogMike posted:

Not sure actual traitors could do as much damage as incompetence and regular greed have here, to be honest.

Yeah, if I wanted to bring down the Russian state, I don't need to plant bombs inside factories or anything, just look out for who has the biggest and/or most yachts and mansions and invest in their companies.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The wrong-way Z really makes that gif :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gargamel Gibson posted:

When I was in the army a dude in my platoon had two buttholes.

That's not a very nice thing to call his superior!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

the popes toes posted:

“Shoigu! Gerasimov! Where are the loving shells!”

I can't help but think that if he truly cared about his troops, he'd pull them out of Ukraine. Or is Wagner so interlinked with the RUAF that he can't do that?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

the popes toes posted:

"The Russian Federation is trying to preserve infrastructure and human lives." Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov

This coming from the leadership sending near-daily launches of missiles into civilian infrastructure :fuckoff:

They're not even trying with their propaganda, are they? Or are they somehow trying to capture the Really Stupid Tankie market? Sorry if this is a little harsh, but the breathtaking level of bullshit in that one sentence has got me fuming IRL.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, I'll be honest, I'd have thought Bakhmut would've been the one place Russia would not have given up for anything shot of Zelensky marching to Moscow, considering all the lives and materiel that they spent trying to take it. And they were so close too, or at least that was what the doomsaying just a few weeks or so ago was about. It's like bankrupting yourself to run a marathon in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere, and then making GBS threads yourself a metre before the front line and then going home.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HonorableTB posted:

I hope he made it home :unsmith:

Same :unsmith: And I also hope he has many children to whom he passes down his intelligence and all the fucks he has left to give (which are equal to the bullets Russian MOD gave him).

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ukraine elects a comedian- and like any good comedian, he gives hell to someone trying to get him off the stage.

The USA elects a reality show guy- and like any good reality show guy, he puts the spotlight on himself and his show for the world to laugh at.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HonorableTB posted:

just lmao that russian army was considered the second best in the world and now they're the second best army in russia

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HonorableTB posted:

The head of occupied Crimea said that the Crimean bridge was closed for exercises. Residents see smoke over the bridge.

To be fair, he never said whose exercises.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This Netflix reboot of Hogan's Heroes isn't looking good tbh

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Maybe they can do like American defectors in North Korea and act as American villains in state propaganda.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, considering how things currently work in Russia, odds are some contractor/officer took the cash to maintain the dam and simply didn't do much or at all. On the bright side- hey, new dachas!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zone posted:

Since the hits were recorded, cellphone connectivity is gone.

Welp, there goes Russia's comms network.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh, that HAS to be intentional. Garbage government led by an equally garbage leader, and the sooner all the Defenestration of Moscow happens the better.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Tucker goes to Russia, Solovyev goes to the West, nothing is lost, nothing is gained.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, at the risk of indulging my and this thread's bloodthirst, Wagner and the MoD having a go at each other sounds really good. That being said, I'm gonna go all :tinfoil: here and propose that this is somehow some kind of controlled opposition move; after all, Wagner apparently has facilities near Russian bases in the Motherland proper, why would Prigozhin want to jeopardize those? True, that kind of move seems beyond the geniuses involved in the invasion, but still.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rJoB7y6Ncs

EDIT: Let me be clear, odds are this isn't actually the end for Putin, just a way for the boyars to assign blame to each other, but if it's happening I'm gonna lol all the way to Ukraine's final victory.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Everything I said earlier about how this could be some kind of controlled opposition? Yeah, I'm just gonna throw all that poo poo out the window, because I've basically been doing the below while reading those tweets.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dead forum user posted:

Is there any chance this will end up in a somewhat serious power struggle? Is Prigozhin even popular at all in Russia? If this is a coup attempt, it doesn't seem very well planned

Your guess is as good as anyone's; my gut tells me that Putin's too entrenched to take on, but maybe Prigozhin's smart/dumb enough to think he can take the MoD head-on- basically, the tsar is secure, the boyars are fighting.

EDIT: Let's be clear though, my gut told me that this was some kind of psyop, so don't place your bet on my instincts :shobon:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Serious question: Does anyone know anything about the state of Wagner's troops in Africa? IIRC they're some of the most experienced goons Prigozhin has. If he flew them to Ukraine ostensibly to take part in the invasion, then it might be a reason for him to think he has a shot at this.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

weg posted:

Though it's hard to know what this means as he's be crying wolf for over a year now.

Is it really 'crying wolf' when said wolf has been kicking your rear end and carting off all the sheep you didn't sell for dacha money?

weg posted:

Here's to hoping this spells bad news for Putin regardless of what's actually happening.

:same:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sir John Falstaff posted:

I don't see how successfully forcing the state/Putin to dismiss Shoigu in this manner wouldn't be a coup--even if it left Putin nominally in charge it would be clear who the real power was.

Maybe the powers that be* + Prig think that Putin would best serve as some kind of figurehead; never mind the fact that Putin would never agree to such a position.

*By which I mean any oligarchs that might have decided to throw in with Wagner, as another goon theorized.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

mobby_6kl posted:

Theoretically Poopin still has Rosgvardia under his control but it seems that the entire MoD with the nukes and planes and poo poo would have the upper hand in this case yeah.

Thing is though it seems Wagner might have a relatively clear shot at their targets, while the RuAF is going to be fighting Ukraine, Russia, and Russia.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I don't think Putin's gonna negotiate- it's one thing if the fighting is limited to a border region like Chechnya, it's quite another when your caterer is driving troops right into the heart of your nation, and by all accounts is heading for the capital. These two old farts are in a 'victory or death' scenario, and the best part is that this could have all been avoided if Putin had pulled back his troops or never launched this genocidal invasion in the first place.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sedgr posted:

Gonna pull up in Red Square and find the last Putin defender standing outside a single busted down Armata just crying as the smoke lingers in the air.

https://i.imgur.com/yQTn6Ue.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
lol that I'm starving and want to cook lunch but am worried that if I do there's a chance I might miss Wagner storming the Kremlin