Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There is a war? IN UKRAINE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Oh wow, ok, straight up bonafide race science. That's definitely Russia's Musk. How did she make her fortune? Was it a caliper app for Android?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I just want to add that the subtitles omit her saying "... despite being poisoned a lot" after praising the Russian gene pool. I assume it refers to miscegenation/race mixing. What a piece of poo poo.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1634250549850943491
Local shortages mean that Britain is suffering, just like they're being forced to eat squirrels that was actually for controlling pests? :rolleye:

The ~150k blocks of frozen fish must have really helped with that food security in Russia. What a great kindness from the Russian government to its people 🤗🤗🤗

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Every decent military pilot left in Russia is probably at the front. They are not sending their best and most sober on these routine patrol flights

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Reminds me of that club fire in Russia a couple of years ago where over 100 people died. IIRC the ceiling was highly flammable, a band was using pyrotechnics and all but one emergency exists were intentionally locked. My feeling is that fire safety standards aren't very thoroughly enforced in Russia

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Samovar posted:

Not that I doubt their abilities, nor the fact that counter propaganda does seem to not do anything other than antagonize the championing of the R.A., but I would be curious as to know what language they feel I needed to communicate to the general Russian population.

Probably the same poo poo that works for de-programming in general. Not using a patronizing or judging voice(which western media is definitely guilty of), not being threatening and building trust by not attacking absurd and irrational beliefs directly. Instead point out logical inconsistencies and factual errors in explicit propaganda claims and do so in a non-judgemental way. The person has to understand by themselves that they are being intentionally manipulated and used for ulterior motives.

I think a TV channel is a decent approach here. Lots of older Russian émigrés here spent like 10h a day in front of the TV watching Russian state TV. Even if Dozdh was only doing entertainment programming it would still already help because it would get them out of the constant brainwashing loop for a couple of hours which gives them a chance to start thinking independently for a little while.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I have information about the current whereabouts of an internationally wanted war criminal. If any LE are reading this please PM me.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Tai posted:

Blair and co didn't get yoinked so I think the Pentagon doesn't need to worry that much.

They are only charging him for the Lebensborn/child abduction scheme. And they are only doing it because the Russian government openly and proudly admitted to it. I don't think anyone who was involved with the atrocities in Iraq was stupid enough to openly confess knowledge, intent and the act itself. It was a weird choice by the Russian government to confess.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The President of Russia is an internationally wanted war criminal. Are you a bad enough dude to sneak into the Kremlin and bring him in?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

There is a big difference between "we will never know" and "no one no where has any idea how it happened". The latter is not true. The speed of which the Swedes went from "we demand full transparent public joint international investigation into the causes now!!!" to shutting their own public investigation down and clamming the hell up, should tell you something.

Just a couple of weeks ago US media and several European governments publicly talked about the current state of the investigations. The current focus is a ship rented by private individuals with circumstantial links to Ukraine. German federal police searched it just recently on behest of the federal prosecutor office and found traces of explosives.

You can of course distrust the officially released information about the investigation, but European governments are not ignoring the incident. The investigation is very much ongoing.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

If you want a realpolitik answer then obviously the party with the most to gain would be Ukraine by removing the Nordstream as a bargaining chip for Russia to leverage against the EU.

The sabotage didn't do that though. One of the two lines of NS2 is untouched and according to Gazprom still fully operational. There are also all the various land pipelines that are still operational.

The only way this makes sense is if Ukraine/US/UK hosed up the mission(in which case the explosives might be recoverable and can be used as evidence). It also makes sense if Russia did it. With half of NS2 intact, the sabotage didn't really diminish their ability to blackmail Europe. The attack led to a massive price spike on the gas spot market which benefited them and it also had substantial propaganda value internally and externally.

Also, it is a clear message to any potential opposition that getting rid of Putin and signing a peace agreement will not mean a return to business as usual. The oligarchs are not getting their gas cash cow back if they betray him.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think a lot of people are seriously underestimating how many civilian casualties there have been so far in the war. The UN number for killed civilians directly attributable to the conflict is already 8k+, which is IIRC roughly in the same ballpark as for the Iraq invasion in the first year. The actual number is of course substantially higher, but for Ukraine we won't know it until a peace agreement and the occupied territories have been liberated.

At the beginning of the war I had an argument with a tankie about how there is no way the number is going to be that high because Russia is much more restrained about using weapons against its "own people". Then Mariupol happened. It was a city of 500k people and the Russian army just paved it with artillery with zero hesitation or consideration for civilian lives. That really shut him up. Now it's on to "why would NATO force Russia to annihilate a city of 500k?:qq:"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

fish and chips and dip posted:

Norwegian factchecker Faktisk.no has gone through Hersh' claims about Norwegian involvment in the Nordstream bombing. Here are some DeepL translated excerpts. Bolding original. https://www.faktisk.no/artikler/zw8np/flere-feil-om-norsk-innblanding-i-nord-stream-sabotasjen

TL;DR: Hersh is full of poo poo, water is wet etc.

Norway was such a weird choice by whoever came up with the story. It's such a liberal, bougie and terminally technocratic state that it's hard to imagine it being involved in the largest mega conspiracy in generations. Poland or maybe even the UK? Sure. But loving Norway?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Gejnor posted:

So, one of the Russian propagandists collapsed live on air, not sure if this is new or old but i don't remember hearing about it and figure it fits the discussion:
:nms: i guess if you get concerned when people collapse?
https://imgur.com/v7nd3wJ

I can't believe NATO would just do something like this to the poor man

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Der Kyhe posted:

Yeah, its a tank; it is protected from small arms fire, takes AT weapon to die, and carries a big gun that works against infantry, smaller vehicles and bunkers. Its hot garbage and a death trap against other tanks and even more modern IFVs, but as a fire support platform for the infantry it is better than "no support".

I mean, yeah, why this is a big issue is that pre-war estimates for Russia's T-72 reserves were in the thousands. If they are digging out these museum pieces already, their stock of salvageable T-72s is either exhausted or they don't have the capacity to refurbish more of them at the same time(presumably due to some bottleneck in parts or tooling). Both would be really interesting and not something anyone expected cause all the tooling and parts are Soviet era, so they should be able to produce it themselves and one of the very first things they would have spooled up a year ago.

We might actually be able to outproduce them in terms of tanks if we want, without going total war economy. Or European MIC is a joke, but so is Russia's apparently.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Maybe instead we should start posting the things that are NOT on fire in Russia to save posting space on the servers

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Putin awarding hundreds of "Medal for the Almost Capture(VERY close) of Bakhmut" while everyone is standing around wondering what drugs he's on today

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

:xd:: War is bad
:(: Yeah, I hope this horrible war ends as soon as possible
:xd:: Haha, OWNED *high fives the air and moonwalkes out of the room*
:confused:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Warbadger posted:

I'd be surprised if they didn't have those sorts of meetings, even if they didn't expect something to happen in the immediate future.

I think they could have, given time. Ukraine had a wealth of industrial, weapons, and nuclear expertise and even if they handed over 90% of the weapons to play super nice they'd have been keeping over a hundred warheads. But they wouldn't have and didn't for other reasons.

From the wikipedia article:

quote:

The deterrent value of the nuclear weapons in Ukraine was also questionable: Ukraine had taken "administrative control" of the weapon delivery systems and implemented measures to prevent Russia from using them, but would have had to spend 12 to 18 months to establish full operational control over its nuclear arsenal.[9] The ICBMs also had a range of 5,000–10,000 km (initially targeting the United States), which meant that they could only have been re-targeted to hit Russia's far east.[9] The Soviet air-launched cruise missiles (ALCMs) had been disabled by the Russian military during the collapse of the Soviet Union, but even if they had been reconfigured and made to work by the Ukrainians, it is unlikely that they would have had a deterrent effect.[9] Had Ukraine decided to establish full operational control of its nuclear weapons, it would have faced sanctions by the West and perhaps even a withdrawal of diplomatic recognition by the United States and other NATO allies.[9] Ukraine would also likely have faced retaliatory action by Russia.[9] Ukraine would also have struggled with replacing the nuclear weapons once their service life expired, as Ukraine did not have a nuclear weapons program.[9] In exchange for giving up its nuclear weapons, Ukraine received financial compensation, as well as the security assurances of the Budapest Memorandum.[9]

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There is very little consensus in science on what exactly "kebab meat" is. Yes, it very likely contains some animal products, but narrowing it down to a specific part of the animal kingdom or part of an animal is very hard. The truth is that we just don't know and probably never will.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yearly income:
-70 km2 empty land
- two empty villages
- 2 beet farms

Yearly expenses:
- 50k human lives
- 1k armored vehicles
- 200 aircrafts
- 2 million artillery shells

Someone who is good at imperialism, please help me manage this, my country is dying :(

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hmm, yes, this is a good re-enactment of the public confession scene from the 1984 movie. She did forget the line about spreading STDs to undermine the state though.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

May-September 2026: intelligent raccoons rise up and establish a reign of terror over all of humanity

October 2026: intelligent racoons are defeated and everything goes back to normal

2027: The Pope lands on the moon

2028: Europe freezes to death because democracy is weak and effeminate and the weak and effeminate survivors join the strong and manly Russia. Weak and effeminate America is very envious and pouting

2029: America is officially abolished and all of the world rejoices

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lmao, every single time

https://twitter.com/GonzaloLira1968/status/1642774469457457152?t=p29toUSAkUJ0JCgzxzMNGg&s=19

https://twitter.com/PanCovenJohn/status/1619980130100850689?t=E_gnYvAg9r_MXp70Oi41LQ&s=19

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm assuming it's more about getting out the collaborators?

Anyway Putin should make this guy the new commander of the armed forces

The tankosphere has been in a manic mood for weeks now due to Bakhmut. The masks are slipping, the dog whistles are coming out less and less. They can already smell the coming victory of heroic plucky little Russia over the evil US and its nazi satrapy "Kiev Regime, The"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The lavish life is over for you, Finland. It's all brutal labor under the American yoke from now on, making ... *squints at talking points* evil yankee imperialism? Wtf, who wrote this poo poo?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

zone posted:

This trash has found its final place in the annals of our country.

Harsh words about Putin's legacy, but pretty accurate

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Samovar posted:

I'm still astounded that there are self-declared "leftists" supporting a capitalist imperial invasion. I mean, I get that Ukraine is also capitalist, ok. But in even the BEST faith reading, if you utterly divorce the ubiquitous anti-imperalism from basic leftism (even if you count rhetoric only), all you could be is non-committal over the results. All they are doing is utterly undermining any confidence in leftist movements.

It's loving bonkers. Since this was a little bit before my time, were there also self-proclaimed leftists back in 1941 that were cheering on Hitler to denazify the "Stalin Junta"/"Moscow Regime"?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I mean even calling it a civil war feels ridiculous, considering the pre-war Donbas population was IIRC somewhere around 4 million. Ukrainian state forces easily moved into the area and liberated it almost completely before Russia invaded with its army and pushed them back. It's like trying to present a conflict between the city of Boston and the United States government as a 8 year long civil war. Who are you kidding? People can easily look up the population of Boston and the US.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Tigey posted:

War Thunder needs to do something drastic and leak some T-14 Blueprints

I can get you blueprints of 500 rats taped to a 2011 Lada and some painted cardboard, no need for leaks

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

Wagnar couldnt even stop putin filling his pants with poo poo.

Malicious lies. There is evidence of various NATO agents being around when the alleged pants making GBS threads supposedly took place. It was planted poo poo.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mein Amph(etamine abuse problem)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

^^^^
:argh: Beaten like a Russian conscript by their superior officer

spankmeister posted:

Just the one document was altered. Just one.

As far as we know. There is still no information on who released these documents and for what purpose. They could be anywhere 1-99% fake. The US government only ever confirmed that SOME amount of secret information got leaked.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Well, that's a pretty embarrassing interview. Gets very basic facts wrong, very eagerly jumps to conclusions, circular or extremely weak reasoning, etc. I don't know if he's always been this way, but he sure seems like just a very confused old man who is way over his head now.

I think the only reason they published this is that they are a right-wing/libertarian blog. A tankie propaganda outlet would have probably flushed the interview down the toilet as too "unflattering" to the narrative.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Barudak posted:

I do not want to annex a country I explicitly said annexation to protect a minority population was part of my Casus Belli

I do not want to annex "any part of Ukraine" I say, after I have explicitly annexed the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and made them legally part of my own country.

Chances are Hersh does not actually follow events in Ukraine and is not aware that Russia fully annexed the territories recently.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

American dog Yankee soldier goes to fight for Ukraine, gets dick blown off by Azov! Needs new cybernetic dick that costs $1 million! Many such cases! Don't be a tough guy, don't be an idiot! Don't go to Ukraine!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

FRIBSC

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dear Sir,

I'm president of the Russia the Vladimir Putin and this might surprise you that I write but I have big problem with wich only your can help! I have big riches in Ukraine(toilet bowl, refrigeration machine, etc.) but I need strong man to go get them from there with gun. You 10% of toilet bowl if help! I'm waiting for you reply. Love, Wladimir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hell yeah, taking that specific mental illness that makes you interpret digital image artifacts as parts of lizardpeople physiology mainstream