Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

zone posted:

Attrited to the point where you have to use ancient relics as your main battle tanks.

Man warhammer 40k is so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Also I have a probably misguided sense that when Russians talk about Russia, they really talking about the section between Eastern Europe and the Volga. Is that accurate? Is developing Eastern Russia not practical?

Also, corruption.

You buy farm equipment and send it to your site. Wait two months. The agent calls and says it fell off of the train. It's a seven day trip to go and check. You arrive and the local policeman doesn't like this big city yahoo eyeballing his brother's new tractor.

Lost in transit. Such is life.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Somaen posted:

After so many years in power, 50% inflation and removing building regulations that lead to 50k dead from an earthquake, he's polling at 45%?

This is what happens when you allow rural voters to field candidates that reflect what they actually want

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's because there's no level of absolute terrified subservience that the human spirit can't bend to, it's actually our natural condition re: pain, disease and hunger

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

Bakhmut offensive has stalled out and sputtered to a halt

It's a tactical sputter

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

How would you fuckup a fighter plane simply and fast?

Ya take a potato... Stick it in the exhaust pipe...
___________/

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Tova deez nuts I am informed we have run out of nuts

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Worrying indications that putin might, in the future if sufficiently provoked, launch missile attacks on civilian infrastructure!!!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The mountains are high and Muscovy is far away

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Unwrapping my shiny new howitzer only to reveal a manufacturer's label - 'warning - not for use in wars' :grin:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

Another good article covering what Russia's doing in Moldova to destabilize it:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-influence-operation-targets-moldova-amid-threats-of-coup?ref=wrap

Wow remember when espionage was illegal and you could arrest people who were blatantly performing it? Those were the days.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Tigey posted:

Just upset because even a single avatar makes their oh so serious reporting look ridiculous. No academics or commentators chiming in, just an army of terminally online nobodies and ridicule from cartoon dogs.

TBH it's also pretty cringe to see Serious OSINT Threat Analysis Engineers furiously dismissing the cartoon dogs, because rallying against a dictator through ridicule is definitely an unprecedented, ahistoric level of silliness.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

There must be a more efficient way to defeat the whales...

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think it's a very particular point of Turkish sovereignty and international treaty that they're allowed to close the Bosporus to any military shipping they see fit if they're at war or 'feel threatened'.

So basically anyone on either side trying to come swinging into the Black Sea is loving around and at risk of finding out

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Oh for sure they could allow a NATO fleet through. Just that trying to sail through without everyone in complete agreement would be the most furious middle finger an ally could possibly commit.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Some fine Trumpposting notes and deep tannins to be found in 'done by AI - and not the smart kind!!'

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Why the gently caress would you be posted abroad in the FSB and not defect threats to your family ?

But really, what does Muscovy have to offer the professional class? D grade holidays in Dubai so they can pass a week pretending to live in a country that pretends to be comparable to even the most desperate western democracy?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The average middle aged, middle class, 1.5 car, non urbanite homeowner is the absolute bane of democracy everywhere.

They're in the west too, just asking questions about vaccine safety and getting furious about public bathrooms

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mr Teatime posted:

What exactly is Russia planning to send to get that drone wreckage from 1500 meters of depth, the loving Moskva?

lmao

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

To be fair it's de facto legal in the west too

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I just want to say thank you Muscovy for protecting american jobs at the replacement reaper factory :patriot:

JOBS JOBS JOBS

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

No, literally, there is no one else

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Oh great now Amerikkka is going to unleash the cowboy bounty hunters on a sick old man, masks off all right

Dead or alive :clint:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lmao good job Putin, tell us more about correct nomenclature for Istanbul :allears:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I mean a nazi mercenary graveyard is all but guaranteed to result in cursed hot springs, I'm glad development planners are starting to take these issues seriously

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

quote:

For NAFO, it’s the humble Shiba Inu avatar — a goofy-looking dog breed popularized by Tesla’s chief executive and would-be online troll Elon Musk and his support of Dogecoin, the cryptocurrency.

Implying that shibe originated with Elon Musk and dogecoin, smdh

war is hell

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Icochet posted:

The Hague should host an international topless fly fishing contest for seniors

Senior Analyst FRIED COD: I... i can't believe this is working

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It was James Bond, in the Pipeline, with the Maintenance Bot

Next game - gas monopoly :ohdear:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Not funny it takes thousands of years for an area mined with legos to become safe to walk in again, and they're invisible to mine detectors

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*Sweating as I peer at my smudged and dirty spycraft manual, unable to make out whether it says "do" or "don't" keep a giant flag for your real loyalties close at hand*

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

its all nice on rice posted:

Download World of Warships today.

Nice try :nsa:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

Hey, you did get the 350 million extra for the NHS from brexit, right?

Yeah 350m roubles or about £50 :suicide:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

War is bad, so it's a shame that the existence of even one autocrat is inherently a permanent war against their own people

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Concerning

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Tai posted:

Never going to understand why films like to show special forces moving around in a hostile area with the butt of the rifle waving around like a loving sail. It goes in the shoulder and stays there while moving tactically unless you need to go over wall etc. Where your head moves, your rifle moves with it.

Russian SF have good reason to be very concerned about where the butt is though :itwaspoo:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Further update: it emerges some of the spies were reading people's mail without asking first. We will keep you informed as the story develops.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

One sad lesson of this war is to never ever agree to nuclear disarmament under any circumstances.

My school had a politics day when I was like 17 and I remember being scoffed at by (IIRC) a speaker from the local Greens over the nuclear deterrent - 'do you really think anyone would ever try to invade us?'

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 26, 2023

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

NATO is cheating as it's essentially the promise of US nukes

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Capitalist Western forces have no care for recycling, and yet Moscow even at the cost of its own lives...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

They should really ban smoking in restaurants