Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

At least we have a thread to post in. Which is a pretty serious change from the previous answer. Can we just loving collectively do the right thing and follow the rules? I'm sure I'm going to be probated at some point for too much detail in an analysis. I'll use that opportunity to be more editorial and move on.

Jesus.

i just want to say that this is an epic username/post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

the latter

russian internal propaganda is fairly sophisticated to keep people's attention. there's usually a patsy who is there to say all the bad things you might think, and then get shouted down and made to look like a fool as part of the entertainment

That doesn't sound all that sophisticated...

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

How credible is this? Do we have independent corroboration?

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

Tankies on twitter and discord reaping: “I was told there would be USSR :mad:

lmfao

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

parthenocarpy posted:

https://twitter.com/DAlperovitch/status/1672468979913195520

Completely possible, and likely the only way out for Putin

what kind of tyrant "makes a deal" with his most powerful general who has just challenged his rule, and survives the next 24 hours

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also Putin fled and allowed a hostile force to get to Moscow, where the rich people live. That seems real bad for him if he's not hanging someone for it afterwards.

Do we have any hard evidence that Putin fled Moscow?

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

parthenocarpy posted:

Do you realize there are people in America, right now, Millions of them, who have for years insisted that there are two presidents and nothing of consequence has really happened from that mass delusion? People wake up today thinking Trump is still president. People tomorrow will wake up thinking the Wagner CEO is president of Russia. And..... THEY ARE DELUSIONAL

trump's coup attempt failed miserably though, and he was given absolutely zero concessions and many of the insurrectionists are awaiting trial or already in prison

you're pretty stupid if you think the two events are anywhere near similar lol

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

parthenocarpy posted:

I didn't compare the events, what Trump event are you talking about? I didn't mention any, only the delusion of people thinking who is president and who isn't.

you literally said there are people in America who think there are two presidents and they are delusional, then drew a direct comparison to what the tweet is saying

it was a pretty stupid thing to say, as others pointed out. just take the L

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

parthenocarpy posted:

I'm not talking about concessions, just mass delusion. People wake up thinking all sorts of stupid things and thats supposed to mean something? Like, millions more Russians hate Putin tomorrow and he remains in charge. That happens to Biden on a daily basis. You guys are assigning wayyyyy too much value to being humiliated

counterpoint: i don't think you understand how strongmen like Putin maintain power, and how much that power is undermined as a result of direct and outright humiliations like this

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

parthenocarpy posted:

I imagine that quashing existential threats is part of it. It looked like he was facing a serious one four hours ago and now he isn't. I guess call that bottom G, but its survivalism 101. Looks like he still gets to call himself president too.

read a god drat history book lol

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1683388340610138112

real sick poo poo

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

The X-man cometh posted:

Lula isn't thinking straight because Bolsonaro was close to Putin, just like Trump.

One of the biggest leftist brainworms is the idea that US foreign policy doesn't change with the party in power.

it's just internet leftists who think that, tbh. you can see some examples of it in these very forums in fact

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Can anyone speak to the depth of Russian defenses? If Ukraine breaks through a certain point for example, is there any defense left?

what does your heart tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

russia getting owned is extremely funny tbh