Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
This thread should never have been closed in the first place. When will Hand Knit apologize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
If that was directed at me, point taken. No sass intended at all.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The anglican church wants to turn God into a woman. :qq:

Beat by Kevin Smith in Dogma back in the 1990s.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

GABA ghoul posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulaChertok/status/1665124511346470912?t=9slS3I2cRStjlXXzwxAMeg&s=19

Imagine bringing some kids to safety and not even getting a new fidge for your dacha out of it

That's what, $38usd to save your kid? Jesus. I spent more than that on drinks and dinner last night. I get that $38usd has different buying power than 3,000rubles anywhere you'd spend it but goddamn.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Der Kyhe posted:

Its not the amount of money, its the Russian mindset and attitude where the officials are squeezing out money from people for getting something they should be getting for free. That, combined with the fact that no-one in the public even considers the option of greasing the ropes and sharpening the guillotine blades to deal with these officials, who are publicly refusing to do their job, evacuate children from an active warzone, unless their pockets are stuffed with bribes and handouts.

Gotcha, yeah I was perplexed at it and not seeing it as a bribe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Tai posted:

lmao Bank of Russia has issued a financial stability warning on the housing market. Due to 15% interest rates and subsidies on new houses, home owners are facing a 42% price drop on their house price if they want to sell their house and move somewhere else i.e. new job etc.

Basically, when you buy a house, if it is a new build then you get a subsidised mortgage. But once you buy it, it no longer qualifies for a subsidised rate for the next owner and now falls in the countries interest rate (15%). If you do try to sell it, you'll take a 42% loss on average on what you bought it for. Take out a 100k mortgage and only get 58k back when you sell it but you've paid back to the bank anywhere from 102-110k (job depending) to the bank.

Lol I'd be pissed and people are.
I dunno from the US all I read is:

Defeat predatory real estate speculators with this one simple trick!

(Yes I realize the housing markets in both countries are radically different)