Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Karate Bastard posted:

Ok I realize I'm dumb as poo poo but wth is Z even supposed to be? Zelensky?

They do use V, O, and Z, which happen to be Zelensky's initials. But as beer_war said, we don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

RBA-Wintrow posted:

Gentlemen, you can't fight here! This is the War Thread!

Putin cries himself to sleep every night over the collosal mistake he has made, that has turned Russia into a ruined pariah state for decades to come. He might say he "poo poo the bed".

And then he shits the bed.

General Bullshit > Ukraine War: You can't fight here! This is the War Thread!

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Horrorosaurus posted:

What's the attraction to this blyat theme about? It's like a tired gimmick post except this is a neighboring country waging war in Europe for the first time since WW2 and half the posts are about blyatman, blyatle of mount rubbish, blyat the gently caress ever.

Like I really don't want to ruin a good party and this is GBS but isn't the "joke" kind or done by now? I understand winter and other conditions force a stalemate kind of a situation, but still when are we loving done with this? Of the two I'd consider spoiler tagged war footage aka bloodlust more healthy than the tired bylat lol

Just saying :/

We can't post cartoon dogs so you get this instead

Visions of Valerie fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 10, 2023

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Karate Bastard posted:

What's a blyat hole?

something something goatse

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

"training taking part 'in the field/on the job'" is a really wordy way to say "not getting training" :)

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Moscow is in Europe :colbert:

Not anymore :colbert:

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Vaginaface posted:

What's the explosion at the end?

that's the breakthrough

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

zone posted:

Oh no, anyway. You're worm food now.

Stupid question, but has Ukraine had 31 (let alone 50) boats at any point since 2014? That seems way higher than numbers I can find for the size of their navy. Unless they're counting, like, inflatables or something?

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

zone posted:

They're counting inflatable rafts yep. Ukraine uses them in some quantity to ferry across troops and supplies, and they're a priority target for enemy drone operators in an effort to stifle the bridgehead at Krynky.

Deteriorata posted:

Ukraine has been using almost exclusively inflatable boats to cross the Dniepro. Sinking them isn't a particularly difficult job. Ukraine has thousands of them available.

Got it, thanks.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Vaginaface posted:

Could I put ERA on my plane asking for a friend

is ERA in the room with us right now?

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Mistle posted:

I'd rater they lie about it than actually do it, but I'm not holding out optimism that they'll continue bluffing 100% of the time.

I don't really see what they'd gain from killing POWs since they're needed for exchanges... but I guess I can't really say they wouldn't do a thing just because it's a self-own, either.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

bunnyofdoom posted:

Gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the war thread

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

What I don't understand is why they would repeatedly deny this was coming, and then do it anyway. Doesn't that just hurt their credibility for no reason? Surely it would be better to just refuse to talk about staffing decisions... right?

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Video is clearly fake, as no-one can be heard cursing.

i can't properly enjoy my explosion videos without the blyat track!

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Karate Bastard posted:

Migma nuts no put that welder away this instant.

diy vasectomy

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

haddedam posted:

How do such nutjobs even get to power.in america?

If we really understood it, we'd be able to stop it.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm pretty sure it has happened in Russia all the time even before 2014.

That seems unlikely given that it's presently changed Russia's exports.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

spankmeister posted:

Will be? Wagner already were stealing everything not nailed down down in Africa.

🎶 I stole the nails down in Africa 🎶

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

ChubbyChecker posted:

i want to hear what you sound like, record your next post on vocaroo or youtube and post the link here

WCG starting a podcast

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

bob dobbs is dead posted:

serbia's doing whatever the gently caress they're doing.

:hmmyes:

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Pontificating rear end posted:

Say what you want about the CIA, but those guys sure accomplish a lot based on how much I hear people talking about them being responsible for significant world events. I want to be on whatever they're taking, I'd probably get more housework done haha!

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the terror group CIA. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

tiaz posted:

I doubt they ever could. Even superpowers don't have "cessna intercept" levels of air defense in a solid ring around their countries and definitely not an umbrella over the entire country; see 9/11.

Not to say Ukraine didn't have to do interesting routing and other tricks to make this work - it is an achievement, but they're assisted by the advantage lying with the attacker right now.
At least, with regards to the 70s/80s tech being used. :getin:

9/11 was hijacked planes - i.e., they would have been within air defense umbrellas already