Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

HonorableTB posted:

If a no fly zone is enacted by NATO that is nuclear war shortly thereafter.

Is this one of those one way rule things where the Soviets could shoot down U.S. planes and it's not nuclear war but if the reverse happens it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I'm surprised they're getting atacms before m26. It seems like the m26 would be extraordinarily useful with the current status and there was a lot of chatter about them a month ago.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

idk if it is m26 specifically, but Ukraine is getting cluster warheads for himars/m270 yes

I don't see any reporting on this. There was a spate of articles last month about it but mostly just opinion that they need them not that they're getting them as far as I can see.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Collapsing Farts posted:

Yeah judging by the russian footage I've seen, they have or are about to take Avdiika. The place is completely destroyed though. It's just some rubble and craters. Well worth thousands of lives

Russia has taken Avdiivka?

Bashez fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 27, 2023

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

I haven't been following for a while for my own mental well-being but I'm trying to catch up again. Is this correct:

Bakhmut is still ongoing. Despite this Ukraine and Russia are also doing a similar stalemate fight at Adiivka which has been going on for a few months now with no sign of ending. Ukraine is appealing for more ammunition and guns from supporting countries but supplies aren't coming as fast as they used to. Both Russia and Ukraine are taking horrendous losses and still putting more and more men into the fight. The summer offensive petered out and now it's back to trenches and mass guns and drones.

Is that about right?

Russia has turned Ukraine back from some of their recent gains in Bakhmut and is threatening to push out and into the rear of Ukraine's foiled attempt to pass Bakhmut in the south. Russia is slowly advancing in Avdiivka with ridiculous losses. They have the initiative across the entire front line and are making tiny gains in several locations. The only place where things look okay currently for Ukraine is Krynky, their river crossing, and that can swing wildly.

Across the board Russia is taking some of the highest sustained losses of the war. I think Ukraine's best hope currently is that political reasoning pushes Russia past exhaustion in an attempt to score a concrete victory for the election.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Anders posted:

I had to take a break from war news because it's all loving heartbreaking, can anyone give me a short situation status? Is it just a deadlock on the front?

Ukraine seems to be politically paralyzed in how to carry out mobilization so they're running low on men.

Congress's unwillingness to pass aid to Ukraine has left them extremely low on ammunition.

Neither problem is permanent but things look pretty bleak at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Telsa Cola posted:

Russia has demonstrated that it will retaliate on energy infrastructure in Ukraine in response to the oil industry attacks in Russia and thats absolutely not a sustainable trade for Ukraine.

Russia has not "retaliated" on energy infrastructure. It's been a part of their strategy. Ukraine lost the capability to defend against it when US aid dried up. The attacks on Ukraine energy are going to continue independent of Ukraine's attack on Russian oil, just like they were constant before Ukraine started targeting oil.