Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Russians referring to the Ukrainian troops as 'invaders' is really odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

If Russia takes Bakhmut, what at the chances the Russian military try to take credit for it which would infuriate Wagner?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Belarus says it's discovered weapons for 'terrorist' attacks

https://www.yahoo.com/news/belarus-says-discovered-weapons-terrorist-144646651.html

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko said Tuesday that his country's security forces have discovered an arsenal of weapons intended for “terrorist” attacks, two days after they killed a terrorism suspect near the Polish border.

This seems pretty desperate by Belarus/Russia.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

In 20 years, the US, Europe, and the Russians have shown to every country on Earth that nuclear weapons are absolutely vital to survival and that is really sad and scary.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

EasilyConfused posted:

Let's not get carried away. There's like 190 non-nuclear countries in the world, very few of them would be more likely to survive with nukes than currently.

The US would not have gone into Iraq if they had nukes
Europe would not have gone into Libya if they had nukes
Russia would not have gone into Ukraine if they had nukes
X would not have invaded Y if Y had nukes

Why do you think the US and Europe aren't throwing everything we have at Russia right now?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Ukraine is gonna hook up a bunch of tractors to an atom and split it.

That'll show Putin!

Best tractor pull ever.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

China wants Russian oil and European markets.
They can still buy Russian oil pretty much no matter what, but backing Russia too much could cause US and European markets to become an issue for them.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

quote:

Driver was drunk .337 mg/l

That's not the same as blowing .33 is it??

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Someone was explaining to me that the sanctions aren't working due to Russia still selling oil and they aren't "losing money" because they are still getting paid for it. No amounts of "if you are making less money than before, you're losing money" made them rethink their stance.
Pretty sure it was a Russian bot, but drat.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

russian baywatch has different approach to lifeguarding

Some people stand in the daaaarkness
Afraid to step into the light
Some people need, to help somebody
The edge of surrenders in sight

Don't even need to change the words

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Little disappointing the Abrams just got there. I was hoping they'd be ready for the upcoming (current?) counter offensive.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

lol Wee VDVing into this thread.
"Yeah, Russia invaded. But the US POT LAWS"

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

May 22nd was a very stupid day to not be looking at the Ukraine thread for once in a year. Yowza.

beer_war posted:

There's nothing wrong with Washington's package.

I've heard it's wood.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

If the difference between terrorists and raiders/whatever aren't so black and white here then why have the the nomenclature?

(I'm assuming the Free Russia people weren't holding hostages and killing civilians on purpose)

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

For those who know this stuff, hypersonic missiles are generally seen as a counter to US carriers as an area denial weapon.

Compared to a patriot system, how does a carrier fleet compare with it's AA defenses?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

tiaz posted:

my understanding is that a US carrier group has stronger AA capabilities compared to an average Patriot system, which is not to say that a full Patriot installation is weak. I remember hearing something about "AEGIS Ashore" but I don't know if that went anywhere. Either way, SM-2 and SM-6 (the missiles used in carrier group defense afaik) are formidable.

Mederlock posted:

Really loving good

This is what I assumed. I guess the caveat is that true HS ship killers skim the sea and maneuver to be tough to hit. If I remember correctly, it sounds like the Russian HS weapon is just a really fast missile that still travels in a parabolic path.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I'm still surprised China isn't taking this opportunity to thaw relations with the West, move against Russia because lol Russia now, and be the unopposed leader of most of the that entire hemisphere if not the entire thing.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

Chinas goal is to end the war with russia annexing a bunch of land and everyone agreeing to it so china can then have a free pass to attempt the same thing with taiwan and anywhere else they fancy.

If china was serious about ending the war they could force pre war boundary's woth economic threats and sanctions very easily but chose not to.

Also if i was china I'd be seriously cautious of dick waving as all their equipment is descended from the same junk soviet gear that russia is losing so I would expect its equally vulnerable with equally poor updates. Chinas graft isnt quite as bad as russias but its still real bad.

Yeah it must be kinda lovely from their POV to see the West have their war goods dial at "5" and the US's at "3" and see what that actually produces.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1663655902950326272
Another angry temper tantrum coming soon. Pootin must be very upset about this morning.

I wonder if the little probing attacks into Russia are purposefully to elicit this response knowing now how well the UA AA works.

Let Russia throw a tantrum, waste their 'good' munitions' then when Ukraine goes on the counter-offensive they have that many less missiles to defend with.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Weird timing for the NYT to run this story. All super old info.

Nazi Symbols on Ukraine’s Front Lines Highlight Thorny Issues of History
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nazi-symbols-ukraine-front-lines-114825778.html

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Does the average Russian not know that the United States has a full nuclear triad at it's disposal? Or are these the equivalent of the hard core fox news viewers on the US side?
I really don't understand the "YEAH loving NUKE DC!" bs from these guys.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Holy poo poo, the separatists are still in Russia??

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Kchama posted:

We should encourage good posts like that.

This does me good. gently caress Putin and him doing this, but little wins like this are good to see.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

That's already on its way to Aberdeen. Holy poo poo lol

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

My bad, I forgot that like 80% of the stuff on the east coast is named after much older, possibly cooler stuff from across the pond.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

"Permanent positions" for an military column seems super bleak.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Does Wagner have a large presence in Moscow? Seems weird to have APCs and checkpoints for a force so far away.

TulliusCicero posted:

A reverse invasion of Russia was not on my Bingo card

...By Russia

This is sorta the second one.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I get the tactical deployment, but drat, for a country who wants it to seem like this war is nothing and nothing will change besides GREATER GLORY FOR RUSSIA having loving checkpoints in Moscow for this means they are super unprepared or this is serious.

Or both.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I sent a txt to my dad about "Hey things are going on in Russia. Seems interesting." and he sent back a pic of his Boston Market dinner: "This is all I need"

I want to get on that level

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Ukraine is assaulting Bakhmut hard right now according to NOEL reports

Multiple streets taken, prisoners etc.

If they are Wagner, give them a gun and a magazine and send them east.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I wonder if prigozhin is regretting stacking his army with rapists and murderers who have zero allegiance outside of being out of prison.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

khwarezm posted:

I gotta be honest I'm actually loving terrified. What is even the best case scenario here.

Can I ask what is troubling you so?

Phlegmish posted:

To be honest, the regular Russian army consists of rapists and murderers as well

Well NOW they are, but Wager was recruiting from people who weren't on the front in a barbaric invasion.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Don't look at me

DON'T LOOK AT MEEEEE!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Imagine being in Ukraine high command watching this poo poo

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Der Kyhe posted:

I mean, do they even have treatment for people who laugh themselves unconscious?

What's the opposite of copium?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

It's like watching the SS attack Hitler during the war. gently caress if I'll ever root for the SS but it's fun watching the country lose it's military in the middle of an invasion.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Being 3 drinks deep at a bar on a Friday and have your CIA message system say "get back to HQ, Russia is having coup"

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

3 soldiers prone, heavy machine guns pointed in different directions.

Let me stand behind them with my phone.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

lol at spending months preparing defensive positions while being rained on by Ukraine drones and artillery just to be called back east to defend Russia from...Russia.

....knowing as soon as you leave the Ukrainians in their shiny new gear will be hot on your rear end the entire way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Someone tell these guys to roll down the highway to Moscow blaring “WE ARE THE EIGHTY FIVE FED-RAL SUBJECTS OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERAAAAATION”

NO SLEEP TIL.....MOS-COW!