Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Horse cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

Sorry Toxic Mental, but the admins are loving idiots. This rule is stupid, and repeating it is stupid.

I sincerely wish all Russian invaders die, and there’s not a loving thing wrong with that. gently caress em🖕🖕

You have to be very respectful when discussing russian conscripts raping and murdering ukrainian civilians and dumping their bodies in mass graves

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Just an aside, some people might find NAFO cringe. Sure sure. But NAFO came about to troll russian disinformation on twitter for example I'm fairly sure and not to make light of war.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is death to putin considered lusting?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Also if you want discussion about how admins hosed it up forever or how things should be different, please come to the feedback forum here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=686 You can make a new thread in there for issues. Use that space so we can fix things and hear you out and this thread can stay on topic.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The rules are the rules and they will not be litigated, and this thread is not exactly in a position to negotiate terms.

Stop arguing about them, follow them and this thread lives

Like at these mods doing drive by posts talking sense. Wtf is this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Zeleensky and high ranking officers had an Entmoot

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It may have changed now but the various russian international markets were closed by the kremlin so a poo poo load of foreign held Roubles/stock can't be fire sold off. This makes it far far easier for russian central bank to prop up the value of it for illusion purposes of sanctions don't work.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
As for Belarus, it's support for russia is the government and boomers. Middle age to young people by and large want nothing to do with pootpoot and they hate Luka. Luka gets to keep power by beatings till morale improves. The last election was fudged so hard.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Futanari Damacy posted:

If stopping genocide goes hand in hand with stopping the war, then I don't see how supporting peace could be a controversial position :shrug:

Do better

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Don't engage

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

PLEASE do not resurrect this poo poo, it was insufferable when vampire panties did it nonstop and it's insufferable now

You know this is GBS right and not GiP/DnD?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
General Bullshit › Ukraine War Thread: version 3.0 No Fun Allowed

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I wonder if she bought any companies for $22B and rat hosed it

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
and we're off

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's the dumb argument tankies keep bringing up that if the west keeps arming Ukraine then it will go wild with power and take over russia. It's dumb as gently caress.

e - If that did happen, support will tank so hard. Both public and government. No one wants the break up of russia, people just want russia back in it's borders. Well sane people think that anyway.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

armpit_enjoyer posted:

(But that's a wholly separate discussion about the legacy of russian colonialism and its relationship to other colonial empires around the world, as well as the nature of statehood that we can have elsewhere, preferably over beers)

Yeah actually that came across by me as rather short sighted considering everything there. I just mean in the short term with regards to the immediate war that is going on with booting russia out. I 100% know that there are alot of bad stuff going on internally.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Come on people, stop with the tinfoil. Russia has stated numerous times that it doesn't bomb civilian structures. Case closed

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Hey now, us Brits have some decent food out there. 99% of the country don't know what salt is though so they are already lost.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
mmmm Venison

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Taerkar posted:

How many weeks until a proud war widow is photographed with a frozen brick of squirrels?

Or just an actual brick

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1633227983480578051

I'm just going to spend 80% of my time totally not reading out a prepared speech about how Germany is planning to take over part of Ukraine and it will be used as a spear head to invade russia

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Brits wish they had squirrel. Now they're so broke they are eating fish 'n chips without the fish. Just the chips. And no that's not hyperbole. Brexit really hosed over fishing hard.

It did? I saw gently caress all difference tbh.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Brits wish they had squirrel. Now they're so broke they are eating fish 'n chips without the fish. Just the chips. And no that's not hyperbole. Brexit really hosed over fishing hard.

O i should follow up. Prices did increase though by 15% or so about a year ago though. There is a reason why but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it will come to me.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1633335134979072001

The gently caress is this gibberish. Russians can't live abroad for long? Yeah tell that to all the billionaires and their kids studying in London.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Nessus posted:

Weren't there only a couple of thousand guys left in Bakhmut to begin with? Troops, of course, perhaps more civs.

Troop numbers in Bakhmut are pretty hush hush so it's mostly speculation (no one has any idea lol). Loads of people thought that Ukraine was withdrawing but then they didn't and then went and whacked the north and south of it lol.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Something might be going on. 6 intel birds buzzing around today

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The techno and hard bass or w/e says one thing to me

I'm old..

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Howdy

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Why are B-52's flying around eastern Romania lol. Seems like a dumb thing to do

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Probably a lot of pro USSR boomers

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
My lot (UK) did quite a lot of wargaming versus the US. Kitted up with those laser detection things to rifles and chest. We'd always win and they'd be super salty :smug:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

On the one hand, the whole point of wargames is to expose potential weaknesses and measure your ability to deal with unforeseen issues, so you want to model a certain amount of bullshit from your opfor; no one needs to analyze the best case scenario. There's a limited amount you can learn from outright impossible hypotheticals, though, so you still need to keep it somewhat plausible.

We did try to explain it to them at the pub/bar once everything was finishied that you aren't expected to win. This is purely to make you better. Still grumbled lol

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Prob not allowed one...yet

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

On the plus side, a coalition of 6 opposition parties came together to announce their unity candidate to run against him in the presidential election, and said candidate is currently polling at 55% vs Erdoğan's 45, so hopefully that turd can finally get flushed soon

Let me tell you about my good friends ''Rigged Elections'', ''Political Crimes'' and ''Financial Fraud''.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You only get milkshakes in earthquakes

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Captain Fargle posted:

It's a shame there's no way to threaten to kick Turkey out of NATO if they don't get with the program.

No need. As more and bigger joint ventures happen, they don't get the nice toys. I think they were going to buy some F-16's and USA just went nah after they hosed around with the Fin/Swe thingy

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1634046984741945346

Neanderthals gather to discuss events

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Some new footage from around Irpin and Bucha for how things look now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kycjytbLF4M

All that repair work will be gone if there's even a small gently caress up in the east and russia gets traction again to give it another go

gently caress putin and gently caress anyone who carries water for this regime for 'reasons'

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao if anyone thinks ICC or any other tribunal will do anything of note. If anything happens to putin it will be internal or natural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
An army with an ideology. There's a word for that. Fact? Face? Farce? Ism? I can't remember