Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

T Bowl posted:

Who is going to bring up Kompany?

whoevers got the biggest twix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's cool that Todd boehly spent £600m on Chelsea signings and didn't get a striker

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Or a manager

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

some rumours that Todd Boehlzalez wants to bring back Mourinho, and that's absurd enough that I believe it entirely and am banging my forks and spoons on the table

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

FullLeatherJacket posted:

some rumours that Todd Boehlzalez wants to bring back Mourinho, and that's absurd enough that I believe it entirely and am banging my forks and spoons on the table

Spurs and Chelsea missing out on a good manager because the hierarchy is made up of idiots will be hilarious. Everton getting him and staying up even more so.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd wait until everton have actually stayed up to post that considering they're in the relegation zone unless you mean fat frank

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

i'd wait until everton have actually stayed up to post that considering they're in the relegation zone unless you mean fat frank

Also lol at the idea of Chelsea/Tottenham hiring Dyche.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
You’ve got to work from the position of ‘what’s the daftest and funniest possible outcome’ and Bayern sacking a wunderkid coach because his ex-girlfriend annoyed Oliver Kahn and him ending up at Goodison’ is up there.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Total Meatlove posted:

You’ve got to work from the position of ‘what’s the daftest and funniest possible outcome’ and Bayern sacking a wunderkid coach because his ex-girlfriend annoyed Oliver Kahn and him ending up at Goodison’ is up there.

I want to know more about this story, I had thought he was sacked because they weren’t running away with the Bundesliga as usual

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

You're aware that Everton hired Sean Dyche, yes?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Honestly that's exactly who they needed after spending all that money. Was a bizarre move getting in someone who made his name by doing well with a squad of bargain finds and then giving him a full first team of fresh big money signings

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sticksy posted:

I want to know more about this story, I had thought he was sacked because they weren’t running away with the Bundesliga as usual

he's not actually been sacked they;re waiting for another club to want to hire him to avoid paying him off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/talksport/status/1642923681402830849

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
what did leicester expect

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Can't blame him. If I'd spent 7 months working 80-hour weeks at a completely dysfunctional organization run by idiots, I'd want to take some time off too.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Would honestly take Rodgers at spurs.

With the caveat that I haven't watched Leicester for a long time.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Would honestly take Rodgers at spurs.

With the caveat that I haven't watched Leicester for a long time.

Lmao the average spurs fan would explode if this happened after being linked to Poch, Nagelsmann etc. I hope it happens.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

sticksy posted:

The BBC Sport site had a write-up that mentions the stuff like dating a tabloid reporter and sacking Manuel Neuer's best mate after Neuer broke his leg while skiing after the world cup. General rumblings seem to be that he was treading on toes a lot with both players and board.

I'm wondering if there's a bit of 4D chess going on in getting Tuchel in before another team goes for him in terms of future transfer windows. Chelsea's ludicrous transfer policy under Boehly leaves them with a bloated squad looking at a mid-table finish, they're going to have to start shifting some of the players on at some point even if only to balance the books on FFP. Tuchel reportedly always had good relationships with his players (even if he would reliably fall out with the board), so maybe they think the prospect of winning things under him at Bayern will be a selling point when the likes of Havertz and Mount or whoever are weighing up their options.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm surprised footballer insurance allows them to go skiing for that exact reason

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Benitez is apparently being lined up for the Leicester job

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Vegetable posted:

Benitez is apparently being lined up for the Leicester job

As an unapologetic Rafa head this is fantastic news

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
Nagelsmann is incredibly overrated and a cringe weirdo and that last part ultimately got him sacked the way he was sacked.

it would be very funny to see him manage outside of germany though

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

all Germans are assumed to be cringe weirdos by nature, so managing outside the country is probably ideal for him

imagine if Tuchel was an englishman and had to manage Ipswich Town before he could get a real job

Magic City Monday
Dec 5, 2016

Jose posted:

i'm surprised footballer insurance allows them to go skiing for that exact reason

If a team has disability cover, at most they'd be insured for like Permanent Total Disability (only being able to do 3 out 6 activities of daily living). No one is going to insure a football team for short term/temporary disability.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

T Bowl posted:

Who is going to bring up Kompany?

Believe Burnley will be bringing him up, at the end of the season.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Magic City Monday posted:

If a team has disability cover, at most they'd be insured for like Permanent Total Disability (only being able to do 3 out 6 activities of daily living). No one is going to insure a football team for short term/temporary disability.

its more about not being able to do things that can be dangerous. Cudicini fell foul of it when he broke his arms crashing a motorbike because it wasn't covered

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Stefan Schwarz's Sunderland contract had a "no space" clause that would invalidate his contract if he traveled beyond the Earth's atmosphere.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Can't blame him. If I'd spent 7 months working 80-hour weeks at a completely dysfunctional organization run by idiots, I'd want to take some time off too.
Also, if I got that kind of a payoff after seven months on the job I'd sure as gently caress take a break too.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He’s definitely not being paid off the sum of his remaining wages; it’s likely some pre-agreed termination fee, perhaps pegged to performance.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the sex ghost posted:

As an unapologetic Rafa head this is fantastic news

Rafa is a thoroughly disproven fraud.

This reminds me of when Roberto Di Matteo had to sit out for a few years to collect his termination checks when Chelsea fired him for winning the champions league.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Vegetable posted:

He’s definitely not being paid off the sum of his remaining wages; it’s likely some pre-agreed termination fee, perhaps pegged to performance.
is Boehly really smart enough to have that put in a contract though

That's the important question.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Even if he “only” got several million that’s enough to not need to work again

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

May we all be lucky enough to one day be so incompetent at our jobs to be given millions of dollars/pounds/monetary units of value to just go the gently caress away and never come back.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
the SA mods would be loaded

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Weaponized Cum posted:

the SA mods would be loaded

lmao

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003