Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

CodFishBalls posted:

The chatter is Palou wanted to go to McLaren because hey, Daniel Ric was bad and should be an open seat for 2024!

Then the Oscar saga happened and now there's 0 chance of a McLaren f1 seat unless Merc snags Lando because Lewis is retiring.

Meanwhile, McLaren Indy has hired ferrari to be their pit crew, while Palou is on auto pilot to win the championship.

Why would you do this... :ferrari:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023

Moktaro posted:

Why would you do this... :ferrari:

As a fellow suffering tifosi, I call it when I see it :ferrari:

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Well they finally got practice in after it raining most of the day, and Newgarden dominated, Sato came in third after not being in a car for a month, and Will Power was doing Will Power things:

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx5kUrO3qNIKEsZSwA-Z0qOhtsTQy006X0?si=5bEblL8Ywdw1oD-7

Oh also Graham Rahal's car is broken or something, because why should RLL have any good luck ever?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
Death, Taxes, and where the gently caress did Dixon come from?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Feel bad that it ended that way for Newgarden but Dixon is a god

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Josef just wanted to prove why the oval sweep is so hard to pull off.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1696238203634585952
The comments are about as expected, plenty of "who care drive fast" bigot defenders.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Bentai posted:

The comments are about as expected, plenty of "who care drive fast" bigot defenders.

i literally got this twitter ad today so about what you would expect on the platform

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
The RLL tweet at least disabled comments but uh

Yeah, lol RLL

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Bentai posted:

That’s just the thing though - people forget he wasn’t particularly fast in F2 either.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I saw someone call them Hard R LL today

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

I saw someone call them Hard R LL today

Hachi machi

Meanwhile this was shared on Discord and is a really cool tear down of a 1997 Ford Cosworth CART motor, the details are sensational.

https://youtu.be/uVeK7sVt9BQ

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Spicy start.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That graphic they showed of results through 62 starts was super loving telling. With maybe the exception of Michael Andretti, those are names you want to be mentioned with.

Holy poo poo Palou is insane.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good race overall even if palou fully dominated it. That turn one chicane is a monster. I don't think I've ever watched a race in Portland where it feels safe with cars nearby each other there.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Congrats Palou!

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I think this Palou kid has a future as a racing driver.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Palou and Dixon are one of the best duos in racing anywhere, I'd love to see them in the Cadillac at Le Mans at some point

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iospace posted:

That graphic they showed of results through 62 starts was super loving telling. With maybe the exception of Michael Andretti, those are names you want to be mentioned with.

Michael is top five in American open wheel wins and just missing maybe another championship and of course the 500, right? Couldn’t watch so don’t know who else was on that graphic, but I feel like he still belongs there - especially since he was such a hot talent before joining Newman-Haas.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Palou/Dixon is the new Franchitti/Dixon

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

iospace posted:

Michael Andretti was one of the best drivers CART produced.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
ok but his F1 season was Stroll-worthy so I don't know if that says much

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frond posted:

Michael Andretti was one of the best drivers CART produced.

Fair enough.

Furious George posted:

ok but his F1 season was Stroll-worthy so I don't know if that says much

The issue with F1 is really which team you manage to land on. SeaBass landed with Red Bull, great. He landed next to Vettel. Not so great.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Here's that graphic people have been talking about, in case anyone else missed it:

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

A podium nearly 40% of the time is quite insane.

I haven’t followed the latest in the drama around his contract. Is he still expected to be in indycar next year?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Yeah, he's confirmed to be sticking with Ganassi.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

just watched the Portland race review. great race!

Witeldram posted:

Congrats Palou!

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023

marshalljim posted:

Here's that graphic people have been talking about, in case anyone else missed it:

Chip has his Dixon replacement, now Palou just has to weather McLaren trying to strip him of every cent for the contract shenanigans

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

iospace posted:

Fair enough.

The issue with F1 is really which team you manage to land on. SeaBass landed with Red Bull, great. He landed next to Vettel. Not so great.

Yeah to be fair to Michael, the car he scored points 3 times in only won 5 races that year. He never really had a chance.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Honestly I'd love to see Williams give him a shot in 2024 instead of Sargeant.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Difficult to know, he got beaten by Santino Ferrucci in F3 so it probably doesn't matter the 13 other people that finished ahead of him in that championship, including Leclerc, Albon and de Vries.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Dudley posted:

Yeah to be fair to Michael, the car he scored points 3 times in only won 5 races that year. He never really had a chance.

According to Marco, via Wikipedia,

Marco Andretti posted:

the McLaren team "sabotaged" his father's chances at being competitive in order to replace him with the team's test driver Mika Häkkinen, who would require a smaller salary.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Furious George posted:

Yeah there’s a whole derail about Michael Andretti’s time at McLaren. At best it would have been poor timing, but not really helped by Michael commuting to Europe.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Furious George posted:

lol

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yes but according to everyone who has watched Marco Andretti.

quote:

He's a garbageman

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Only crashes.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

:lol:
:lmao:
What an awful race.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
That was a glorious clusterfuck of a race.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was a very Iracing style race at Leguna... :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I flipped to it at nascar breaks and yeah it was always :shrek: