Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's best not to get addicted to food so you don't have to resent its absence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

kntfkr posted:

they have keto koko puffs at shoprite and it's like thirteen bucks for a box!

Magic Spoon is 10 bucks a box and is often 7 at Super Target and it is worth it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wow!! You mean keto from the start was a crash diet meant for strict athletes trying to shed glycogen and water fat for meet weigh ins and this was never a sensible dietary adjustment for everyday people???

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
jilly juicers: 1
keto dummies: 0

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's best not to get addicted to food so you don't have to resent its absence
Hi, I'm Glenn Howerton and I'd like to talk to you about intermittent fasting

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

satanic splash-back posted:

You're an addict judging other addicts and it's a nasty constant about your posting hope that helps

My addiction has nothing to do with that though. I'm not judging others, I'm pointing out what works for just about every human being.

Yeah, I do think fad diets are stupid. But the response "well you're an alcoholic" doesn't really mean poo poo to me. There is no relation. Whataboutism at it's best. :shrug:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I know this girl who does keto but instead of steaks and bacon she just eats peanut butter and whipped cream

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
I don’t say this often. But put this heckdump washout thread in the toxic waste dump.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jelly posted:

I know this girl who does keto but instead of steaks and bacon she just eats peanut butter and whipped cream

Well gently caress. I guess I've been doing keto for a long time. :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jelly posted:

drat, zoomers really improved whippets

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Is semen keto?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Barudak posted:

drat, zoomers really improved whippets
She's in her 40's :confused:

Garrand posted:

Is semen keto?
Yes

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Shout out to that goon who killed his dog by feeding it bacon and heavy cream.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Shout out to that goon who killed his dog by feeding it bacon and heavy cream.

Yeah but no way that the dog didn't die happy. Also what the gently caress when did this happen.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Describing cookies as nutritious is the most goon thing I've ever seen.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Huh I would actually probably buy these if they tasted good.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Look at all those words about poo poo-tier burgers that I'm not going to read.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Szyznyk posted:

Magic Spoon is 10 bucks a box and is often 7 at Super Target and it is worth it.
Yeah but they taste funny.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Calories in vs Calories out. Uranium contains about 18 million kCal/gram (those are food Calories; capital C), or about 18 billion calories/gram. So eat a gram of Uranium and you'll balloon to a huge size. Oh wait, you obviously wouldn't because this simplification of thermodynamics doesn't apply in this way to food consumption. Fat growth is controlled by chemical signaling in the body and not through a simple process of what goes in must become fat.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Calories in vs Calories out. Uranium contains about 18 million kCal/gram (those are food Calories; capital C), or about 18 billion calories/gram. So eat a gram of Uranium and you'll balloon to a huge size. Oh wait, you obviously wouldn't because this simplification of thermodynamics doesn't apply in this way to food consumption. Fat growth is controlled by chemical signaling in the body and not through a simple process of what goes in must become fat.

I dunno man, that's kind of dumb, your body can't process the energy in uranium, it can however process the vast majority of calories available in everyday food, you know, the poo poo your body can actually digest.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm not saying that's not a dumb mindset though. The biggest problem with obesity is dealing with an overactive hunger drive that comes from people habitually stuffing their faces, the hormones that signal hunger in their bodies have been royally hosed. That's why the only real long term weight loss strategy is making extremely unappealing overall lifestyle changes over the course of years and basically eating a diet that feels inadequate for several months to a year because you have hardcore conditioned yourself to feel like you're starving when you don't scarf down 3k cals worth of garbage in a day.

You do, fundamentally just lose weight if you eat less calories than you burn, doesn't matter what it is, ice cream or Taco Bell will do the trick, but the overriding issue is a mental one and a hormonal one that leads to feelings of deprivation even if you ARE getting adequate amounts of calories and nutrients in your diet.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Basically if your parents were consistent sticklers about you not being able to leave the table until you finished all your food, even if you felt stuffed or not hungry, you can basically thank them for conditioning you into over eating. Seems stupid? Yes, but that's the reality of things, it's stupid rear end bullshit like that which can condition you into a lifetime of bad choices. Your parents hosed your habits before you were even cognizant enough to have a choice in how your mental landscape would grow and manifest.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Nice meltdown

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
glad that's settled

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Did you just quote a 5 year old post

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Basically if your parents were consistent sticklers about you not being able to leave the table until you finished all your food, even if you felt stuffed or not hungry, you can basically thank them for conditioning you into over eating. Seems stupid? Yes, but that's the reality of things, it's stupid rear end bullshit like that which can condition you into a lifetime of bad choices. Your parents hosed your habits before you were even cognizant enough to have a choice in how your mental landscape would grow and manifest.

mama drank nothing but pepsi when she was pregnant now I'm doomed to suck that caffeine cock for all eternity

or it's all because of a lack of will power and sugar water makes my cavewoman brain scream for more

Toxic Mental posted:

Did you just quote a 5 year old post

was wondering about that too lol

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

jilly juicers: 1
keto dummies: 0

You have to admit repeatedly giving yourself food poisoning is a great way to loose weight in a hurry:barf: the downside is you might not survive to enjoy it :rip:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

PinheadSlim posted:

mama drank nothing but pepsi when she was pregnant now I'm doomed to suck that caffeine cock for all eternity

or it's all because of a lack of will power and sugar water makes my cavewoman brain scream for more

was wondering about that too lol

Are you really so naive to think you are powerful above all over both hormonal imbalances and deepset conditioning lol. For perspective I never had these issues. I grew up doing gymnastics and have been fit for virtually as long as I can remember. Claiming this is purely an issue of willpower is claiming like any other great societal issue is just a question of willpower. Addressing the obesity crisis means accepting that and knowing it, we hosed generations of kids into being hogs and blaming them after the fact is useless.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
sometimes I like to eat an entire pie in one sitting and curse at society for driving me to it while I jerk off furiously

actually, only two thirds of that statement is true

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Are you really so naive to think you are powerful above all over both hormonal imbalances and deepset conditioning lol. For perspective I never had these issues. I grew up doing gymnastics and have been fit for virtually as long as I can remember. Claiming this is purely an issue of willpower is claiming like any other great societal issue is just a question of willpower. Addressing the obesity crisis means accepting that and knowing it, we hosed generations of kids into being hogs and blaming them after the fact is useless.

No it's really complicated, I don't really think it's all about willpower. When it's others struggling with this I understand that, but when it's myself there's always the doubt that it's just my fault and I'm weak.

Just self-hatred that accidentally catches other people in the crossfire.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It's cross cultural and affects lab animals on controlled diets. The whole world is getting fatter. The finger points very specifically to ultra processed foods. You will have vastly different weight loss outcomes if you eat 2000 calories of taco bell and ice cream vs 2000 calories of raw vegetables a day. It's not a physics experiment or related to laws of thermodynamics, you are not breaking food down so completely where this sort of analysis is meaningful. Your body signals itself to store energy and to excrete waste and you can gently caress these processes by eating the ultra processed poo poo. The Uranium example proves the point that calories are not equal, and hand waving away the implication by saying "well all "foods" are equally digestible and bio-available, Uranium clearly isn't" is missing the point.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm the thermodynamically defying fatties

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I'm really loving constipated right now what do I do

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Private Cumshoe posted:

I'm really loving constipated right now what do I do

Consult the "post itt every time you take a huge poo poo" thread

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Look, people have been eating carbs for thousands of years and now they're all DEAD.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

It's cross cultural and affects lab animals on controlled diets. The whole world is getting fatter. The finger points very specifically to ultra processed foods. You will have vastly different weight loss outcomes if you eat 2000 calories of taco bell and ice cream vs 2000 calories of raw vegetables a day. It's not a physics experiment or related to laws of thermodynamics, you are not breaking food down so completely where this sort of analysis is meaningful. Your body signals itself to store energy and to excrete waste and you can gently caress these processes by eating the ultra processed poo poo. The Uranium example proves the point that calories are not equal, and hand waving away the implication by saying "well all "foods" are equally digestible and bio-available, Uranium clearly isn't" is missing the point.

"Ultra processed foods" is not an actual scientific concept in any way, although the rest of your post is mostly correct.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Mega64 posted:

I mean it's probably still right that this poo poo is unhealthy, but uh yeah, not really confident in how these results were gathered.

Then again I'd imagine most of these sorts of studies have very flawed data gathering methods to begin with, but I've pretty much forgotten all the stat stuff I learned in college so I may be wrong.

The methods are fine lol.

That isn’t a small sample.

They’re not going to do a globally representative study, that would be stupid.

You can’t lock people in a room and force feed them a specific diet. You can’t follow them around and track what they eat 24/7. Self reported, diary studies are an inexpensive, well known method with well known errors and biases that people write books about and they work fine for something like this.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
you know the food has a process like Ice-T's hair

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
if someone's already fat then "just eat the same food you always do but less of it" is not going to help them lose weight no matter how true it is. that's not how the brain works. (and it might not even be true, depending on that specific person's situation)

I bet it sure makes you feel like you're better than that fatty fat though :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I remember that documentary about the south sudanese kid, you know, the one who kept putting on weight in a famine because of his hormones. Living proof diets don't work.

I have to calorie count because, while I eat pretty balanced healthy meals, my ideas of portions are just hosed.