Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

widespread posted:

Don't snipe

ftfy

Game is fun, it's nice to play something akin to a BR without 30 minutes of dicking around looting. But I think they should make Bank it 6v6 just to have experiences in the game that aren't 3v3x

Also, I wish that Breaching Charge / Defibs / RPG were just class items that didn't take a slot since they feel basically mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Kwolok posted:

It feels bad when people just wait outside the bank for like 90% of it's progress and then swoop in at last moment and take it and even though you had possession of it for 99% of the time you ultimately get nothing...

If you're letting them sit outside that's on you. Game really emphasizes keeping the other teams off balance.

If they're waiting that long to go for it you only have to keep them off for like 20 seconds.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 2, 2023

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Well if you won 6 team fights they didn't sit outside waiting till the last second to cap, now did they?

Like, you got a bunch of good fights and came out on top 6/7 times. poo poo happens, and cashout's being winner take all IS the comeback mechanic.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 3, 2023

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

There is a reason you score for doing things and not just holding the ball in most sports.

The only places where getting bonus cash for time held would effect the outcome are extremely closely fought games where you want the winner to be the one that actually won the primary objective(s).

IE: the current scoring system Erring on the side of the clutch steal instead of whoever got an early advantage and lost it is better because it is more interesting and more dynamic.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 3, 2023

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

The worst part of queueing with 2 is invariably getting matched with someone playing a light sniper or melee that has the worst game sense or aim you've ever seen.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

The only real advantage in starting the box in cashout is getting to choose the vault location; which can pretty important if you or an enemy team has a preferred engagement range.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Any recommendations on what to unlock first for each class?

Heavy - Dome shield

Medium - Explosive Mines

Light - cloak

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Kwolok posted:

Disagree. Light: glitch grenades
Medium: gas mines or glitch mines

Yours are good no doubt but glitch grenades win games.

Dome shield is a categorical must though yeah

Glitch grenades require positioning and game sense, both of which are easier to develop when you're not getting merc'd because grappling hook is on cd.

Medium starts with gas mines, but they're actually pretty dangerous to yourself and teammates outside defending a cashout. Ex mines are safer and more generally useful IME.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Laserface posted:

Man I really want to like The Finals because I usually only game with 2 other friends regularly but:

- doesnt appear to be any kind of skill based match making at all. playing as 3 very new players we were getting put up against teams of people that have spent money on skins etc and are out skilling/gearing us. I dont think we finished better than third across 10 games.

- doesnt feel like there is much if any aim assist on console and im definitely getting put up against MKB players.

- your own teams gas mines hurt you. no other weapons do this.

- I dont give a blue gently caress about level destruction if all your loving buildings are grey empty cubes with stairs at one end of the building. There is ZERO visual cues as to where you are on the map - you can fix this with detailed environments or with a minimap. it would be good to have one or the other here. feels like im playing Halo 5 forge maps that looked like rear end.

There definitely is SBMM, but AFAIK it's a bit looser with groups of 3 are typically put against other groups of 3.

You can turn off crossplay on Consoles if you don't wanna play vs. M/KB

All Area Denial stuff does this, and explosives / mines do this if the enemy shoots them.

None of the maps are that big, and they all have landmarks and the objectives are plainly and always visible so I dunno what more you need on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

tbh the worst part of solo bank it is its basically impossible to ever regen health because people spawning on top of you.

I really wish they'd do 6v6 team bank it instead.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Feb 5, 2024