Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I played this for a few hours last night with some buddies of mine and general impressions are:

Good:
- Gunplay is generally solid.
- Novel gadgets and barrels around the maps make the gameplay really fun.
- Levels design is unique from other BR games out there.
- No microtransactions (yet) and relatively easy to get new cosmetics for your contestants.
- Cash grab mode is fun and the tournament mode is great if you want to be super sweaty.

Bad:
- Movement is super clunky and vaulting is janky at times. With low grav it seemed like there was serious latency issues and I was 'sticking' to the ground.
- Light class is broken due to cloak ability and one-hit melee kills from behind. The shimmer when a player is cloaked needs to be significantly improved, along with sound/footsteps.
- Having to run a pure explosive build as a heavy with no sidearm makes some weapons completely unviable. Loadouts need a rework.
- Monaco has super tight residential buildings that just turn into a clusterfuck and the cash deposits become unplayable if a building totally collapses.
- Some areas of Seoul need ziplines for more vertical mobility.
- Out of all the games I played last night there was only one obvious exploit/cheat/glitch where a guy was running around invisible with a knife indefinitely and racked up 24 kills.

I give the devs credit for doing something totally new in the BR space but I don't see this gaining traction unless they fix the movement issues.

Triggs fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
This got released out of nowhere, what the hell haha

Welp, there goes my night

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Anybody playing this on a discord? My usual group of gaming buddies suck and won't give this game a try (yet)

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Are the servers really lovely for anyone else tonight? I keep getting disconnected on a consistent basis.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Kwolok posted:

I'm thinking about making a discord group if there isn't one yet specifically for goon finals players.

Edit: gently caress it, I'll update this as we go but use this for now: https://discord.gg/URmbfDccAX

Quoting this so folks have one place to go to. I'm tired of getting stomped by 3-mans in casual so I'm more than ready to team up. There is absolutely SBMM in this game and I went basically the whole night only getting one win.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Cloak really needs a rebalance, it’s being abused by basically everyone right now and it makes spotting enemies HARD. I thought they made the shimmer better during the beta so I don’t know why it’s still so hard to see.

Would be nice if they added an iron sights alt to the sniper rifle too, I love using that thing but it’s not viable when pushing cash outs that are inside buildings.

I love this game but there’s a lot more balancing to be had.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Have the devs actually responded to the AA and emulator issues? Or is this going to be typical :dice: where it takes them 6 months to fix the game?

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Glad my obnoxious player reporting wasn't for nothing - thank god they finally fixed it, I was really about to give up

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Or torching the aggressive, cocky little shits who think rushing a heavy with a flamethrower is a good idea

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I'm not mad about the bloom bug, it makes long distance shooting more difficult but the guns in general were like lasers anyway

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
The new game mode is incredibly dumb, I really hope its just testing for future events

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
The new game mode is disappointing ... limited loadouts on the worst map. I get it, they're testing, but come up with something more creative?

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Also just camping the deposits and poaching anyone attempting to deposit is easy mode, I don't know why people bother opening vaults and running around with a huge liability like that.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I'm getting tired of the 'do damage with an area carriable' challenge because its always easiest to accomplish with a nuke. The variation in the daily challenges sucks and I'm almost always beating my head against the wall in solo queue trying to get a win through a roll of the dice of brain dead pubbies.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Hulk Krogan posted:

Does that work? That one seems so finnicky about whether you actually beaned them with the canister or damaged them with the resulting explosion/gas/whatever.

I think I read on Reddit that it does, in my experience I can always get that challenge completed if I use a nuke vs. throwing a tank at someone. I've gotten hit markers from throwing a plain explosive tank at players and it won't register so C4 seems to help.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I will say - doesn't seem like there is one OP meta that I keep seeing over and over again, so balancing is working. I really wish they would do something with VRs to make them useful once you unlock everything.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
The game is *finally* in a great state and this new season has been a lot of fun. I'm glad they switched out that 'Win 1 Tournament' challenge because holy hell was I never going to grind for that one.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
The matchmaking in the casual modes is still a mystery to me because I thought it was skill-based - some matches my team completely steamrolls against a mediocre team, and other times we get our poo poo pushed in against a bunch of sweats who should be in a ranked mode. I just don't get it.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Here's hoping they replace the 'Steal 15 cashouts in progress' with something less grindy. Sheesh.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Welp, the next round of Circuit challenges has turned Power Shift into a sniper fest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
On the plus side, it makes lone snipers easy targets for the 15 melee kills required for the Master circuit