Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
ITT GBS stands for grizzly bowel syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007
Green Bloody Stools

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

If the blood is bright red, you probably just tore your rear end a bit. If the blood is real dark, it could be a problem, which seems tremendously racist honestly

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I had this issue for a while and I saw a doctor and they recommended a colonoscopy. I never bothered to do it then I went to urgent care for something unrelated and remembered to bring it up and they actually looked at my butt and I just had hemorrhoids the whole time. Anyway frank blood usually isn't too concerning compared to melena. Or so I've heard.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If the blood is bright red, you're probably dead. If the blood is real dark, you're in Denmark.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

They lowered the age for colonoscopy to 45. I heard the prep part is the worst thing about it.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I like to shove a camera up my rear end before hand just so I can keep an eye on the doc and make sure everything is on the up and up

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Now I have to get a colonoscopy at 34 because my brother got diagnosed with rectal cancer last year and he's 40. This time I'm actually going to follow through. Not looking forward to it. Luckily they couldn't schedule me for like 8 months just to see the gastroenterologist so I've got plenty of time to think about how much I don't want to do it!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Show up with a buttplug already inserted to assert dominance

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Dixville posted:

Now I have to get a colonoscopy at 34 because my brother got diagnosed with rectal cancer last year and he's 40. This time I'm actually going to follow through. Not looking forward to it. Luckily they couldn't schedule me for like 8 months just to see the gastroenterologist so I've got plenty of time to think about how much I don't want to do it!

I wish you the best of luck with your rectum!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

There's actually not enough blood in my stool lately which is why I've ordered a rod-shaped pumice stone for my b-hole.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

People said I was a fool for making this thread, but already we've learned how to change the color of poop with common household ingredients, and we're learning so much about our poop chutes. We are working miracles ITT, and if the mods don't sticky this thread then it is they who are fools.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Show up with a buttplug already inserted to assert dominance

This is the way.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Dixville posted:

In all seriousness though, God bless. Being diligent about preventative maintenance is the best thing you can do to extend the life of your car/house/body.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
If the doctors really wants to mess around in there I say just let them, if you got nothing to hide then whats the problem?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Never had blood in my poo poo, just on the toilet paper because i eat garbage and sit on the toilet too long

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
If you eat blood you poo poo poo poo, but if you eat poo poo you still poo poo poo poo. You can't explain that.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

If you eat blood you poo poo poo poo, but if you eat poo poo you still poo poo poo poo. You can't explain that.

Dogs can eat poo poo then poo poo blood. I seen it

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

God created mankind in his image

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I thought you could poo poo into a box and mail it to science instead of having to get the “you are old now” colonoscopy now?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Konar posted:

I thought you could poo poo into a box and mail it to science instead of having to get the “you are old now” colonoscopy now?

The Letter Of Intent To Sue sent to me by Neil DeGrasse Tyson's lawyers says otherwise, but I'm not going to be bullied by a bunch of suits with fancy degrees.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Red blood is fine, it's hemorrhoids or anal fissures, just make sure you don't bleed to death or let it get infected, use something like prep h wipes or band aid hurt free antiseptic wash on your toilet paper.

Black blobs in your stool is internal bleeding, that is not fine and you need to see a doctor asap.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
I had a friend that went to the doctor for hemorrhoids and they gave him a “silver bullet” that he was supposed to cram up his rear end and leave in like a buttplug that would release medication for the roids, but when he told me I couldn’t stop laughing at the fact that the silver bullet buttplug had a slit cut in it to let farts out.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Konar posted:

It's only about 60% accurate and gives lots of false positives and negatives, it's probably best to get the colonoscopy every five years instead of every ten years.

Don't be like Kirstie Alley.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

McGavin posted:

If the blood is bright red, you're probably dead. If the blood is real dark, you're in Denmark.

lol

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

MoonshineWilly posted:

I had a friend that went to the doctor for hemorrhoids and they gave him a “silver bullet” that he was supposed to cram up his rear end and leave in like a buttplug that would release medication for the roids, but when he told me I couldn’t stop laughing at the fact that the silver bullet buttplug had a slit cut in it to let farts out.

There's nothing funny about farting through a medicinal silver buttplug. :colbert:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

except if it sounds like a whistle

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrMidnight posted:

They lowered the age for colonoscopy to 45. I heard the prep part is the worst thing about it.

I had my first one a few months ago and yeah, the prep sucks. 24 hours of just blasting rear end constantly, and when you think you don’t have any more rear end to blast that’s when you discover truly how much poo poo your body can hold. The actual procedure? You’re out cold for 30 minutes and when you wake up you get to chill with some juice and go home.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

If you’re wiping and there isn’t blood on the tissue then you’re not clean enough yet

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Not sure how I went three days without seeing this thread, but I’m kind of an expert on the subject.

If the blood is just a tiny little bit and mainly on the toilet paper, and is very red and fresh, the. You probably just have an irritated hemorrhoid somewhere.

If the blood is dark/black then it is coming from much deeper in your rear end. Probably deeper than you’ve ever had something come in your rear end. Time to see a doctor.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Anyone else have perfectly fine poop on the outside but if you cut it open the inside oozes out blood?

Brown burrata

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Alucard posted:

Anyone else have perfectly fine poop on the outside but if you cut it open the inside oozes out blood?

Brown burrata

Raspberry Russell Stover

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cut down on blood consumption, dracula

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

It is nice to see usernames like Alucard, Bloodfart McCoy, and Colonel Cancer posters. I was worried that this thread might lack the subject matter experts needed to really tackle this complicated and polarizing topic.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I took a huge solid poo poo that fuckin' tore a hemorrhoid right off and there was blood everywhere. It didn't keep bleeding though so I'm probably fine. Thanks for making this thread OP, now if I suddenly disappear people will know what happened and my story can be told.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Not sure how I went three days without seeing this thread, but I’m kind of an expert on the subject.

If the blood is just a tiny little bit and mainly on the toilet paper, and is very red and fresh, the. You probably just have an irritated hemorrhoid somewhere.

If the blood is dark/black then it is coming from much deeper in your rear end. Probably deeper than you’ve ever had something come in your rear end. Time to see a doctor.

name/post/thread

But, for real, if you're making GBS threads black and you haven't eaten a bunch of blueberries, go to the doctor. I was pooping tarry, black stools for about 2 weeks. I regularly take my blood pressure due to meds, so I thought that my blood pressure meds were working! Then my BP kept getting lower, and lower. I ended up getting really dizzy and I couldn't focus on stuff before I left work. That night I took a ride in the ambulance, my BP was something like 60/40. I had fainted the weekend prior, but uhhhh just didn't really think it was no thing.

Anyway, turns out alcohol abuse, and headache powders can eventually cause internal bleeding. I had to get 2 units of blood and stayed in the hospital for like 4 days. And a finger up the chute, 3 times.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Yup I just had a colonoscopy because my brother's dying of colon cancer. The prep is horrible but doable and its just a few miserable hours of disgust and discomfort, not "pain."

making GBS threads water into the toilet while posting on GBS isn't that bad; the bad part is drinking the liquid. It used to be way worse just a few years ago, drinking like a gallon of solution in 2 hours but now it's just 2 large drinking size glasses full. I never knew that drinking something foul tasting is SO awful it tastes like you're drinking diluted in consistency [but not flavor!] laundry detergent with bleach in it.

You can't puke it up and you gotta get it all down and you don't have very long to do it.

It's awful BUT the procedure itself is nothing and you're knocked out for it and you don't feel bad after either. Colon cancer is one of the few cancers we can practically prevent because it can get caught way early, they can cut out the precursor polyps and you won't get it.

So yes it sucks but suck those drinks down and get it done as soon as you hit 45.

One important piece of advice for those of you with health insurance I found out when googling before my procedure: If you have no symptoms most insurance is going to cover the cost of a colonoscopy completely.

If you do have/report symptoms, you might get charged around 2 thousand dollars ,something to do with being diagnostic rather than preventative. Just talk to your doctor. I had a little bit of symptoms but they still did not charge me thank God. [I'm fine]

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Glad ur chute is good Spinz :glomp:

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007
A healthy rear end in a top hat is something that should be celebrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

just eat a little vegetables op it's not that hard.