Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Family
Feb 18, 2023

RIP 3DS eShop on March 27th.

If you've been trying to get a 3DS lately for some reason, either via FOMO that some YouTuber's are generating or just because of the eShop's closure, welcome to Anxiety Alley (unless it's a pirate's life for you). For this reason, and probably others that I don't care to Google about, the price of 3DS' have gone up substantially, mainly since Nintendo's not making anymore of them and people are creating a demand for them. Seriously - the price of 3DS' a few years ago was like, what, a $100 for an XL version? Now they're upwards to $150-$275, depending on where you look at for them.

There's a lot of lists online already of some of the eShop only games that will be gone for good come the 27th, but one good caveat is that you'll at least be able to re-download the ones you've already purchased if, say, you need to clear some space on your 3DS or accompanying SD/microSD card.

Anyways, all good things must come to an end. This is pretty much it for the 3DS, save for when the eShop totally is removed and you can't re-download your purchased games anymore. That said, what are you going to panic buy before the 27th on the store, which when it comes to adding funds for purchasing is a pain in the rear end?

Also, what games best showcased the 3D aspect of the 3DS in your opinion, and why? I know it wasn't for everyone, but I honestly loved the 3D part of the 3DS.

We're only here to un-do the damage you've done to our family name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
My 3DS XL developed an issue where pressing the L button causes the power to reset. I discovered this while playing Kid Icarus (where you use L to fire your weapon).

Finding local places that will repair it has been...unfruitful. So I've had my eye out a New 3DS XL, but I haven't really pursued it. I guess I should get around to taking care of that!

I am resisting the urge to buy some Etrian Odyssey games, because deep down I know I'll never play them. And yeah I know there's a collection coming out, but the map making looks kinda lame on the Switch. That's where the true FOMO sets in...most anything that's worth playing will probably get another release some time down the road, but some games use the dual screens so well, it's hard to consider a different way to play them.

Also let us not forget that the WiiU is in the same boat and will lose shop functions on the same day. There are some legit classics on that system (be it Wii, WiiU, or other games). Sigh. End of an era.

Your Family
Feb 18, 2023

WHY BONER NOW posted:

My 3DS XL developed an issue where pressing the L button causes the power to reset. I discovered this while playing Kid Icarus (where you use L to fire your weapon).

That's a new one. Did you drop it at some point?

We're only here to un-do the damage you've done to our family name.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Nope, I don't recall any sort of undue abuse put on it...maybe I'm just too hardcore of a gamer :shrug: It only happens like maybe once every 20 presses...but of course that makes any game using it completely unplayable.