Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

greatest thread of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fire Emblem Reverse Gender Romhack

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.
holy loving poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some plague rats posted:

I said someone else bought me an av dude. Its immensely loving gay and an unbelievably embarrassing way to act out but come on can you not just lol like everyone else
itd be one thing if youd just kept it at insults but the self-transphobia thing is disguting cause it A) exposes other users to transphobia and B) puts future accusations of transphobia in a shameful light

ive gone through it sometimes too so im sympathetic but theres a difference between sympathetic and excusing the behavior. sorry to ruin the lols by caring but as someone whos had stuff like that actually bought for me, gently caress you. and in a more sympathetic light, you really need to take a long break.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh shes taking a long break so, mission complete ig. sorry that post came in as i was typing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HazCat posted:

So are we just all going to ignore that she's done it repeatedly? This wasn't a one-time lapse due to Real Life poo poo.
i assume jeffrey meant 'repeatedly in the past few days' since shes gotten a bunch of avs in the past few days

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sebmojo posted:

There's one from mid 2021.
you would not believe the sigh i just made

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sebmojo posted:

There's one from mid 2021.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait, i have a tech question

cant you just select 'buy an avatar for someone else' and enter your own username and have it be untraceable?

this whole house of cards fell down because she couldnt be assed to spend an extra five bucks?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leal posted:

Well that is an interesting permaban in the leper's colony

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

larry is currently writing a strongly worded response by doing the mario butt stomp on every individual key

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like i said i cant imagine her spending hundreds of dollars buying avs for other people buy also being too cheap to spend 15 extra bucks to make her own av purchases untraceable

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you needed imgflip.com to rotate some jpgs?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don't like the idea of certain people waving away every instance of transphobic avs with this when it's definitely been and will continue to be an issue outside of her actions until some sort of account restrictions are put in place
yeah lol you can already see people revving up their 'everything bad thats ever happened can be pinned on this' engines because how dare you imply these forums have a problem with transphobia whenever a trans person disagrees with people

if youre speculating anything remotely in that direction, shut the gently caress up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

freeasinbeer posted:

She directly bought multiple AV/Redtext and accused someone of buying it for her, in order to advocate foe their ban. She has proven without a doubt to be a manipulative liar. Why would she tell the truth if she felt she could manipulate and lie to get herself out of trouble?

I mean the whole thing is lol, but also lol that folks are trying to rehabilitate her already.
are you loving retarded

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'please dont use this as an excuse to dismiss other people being bought transphobic avs'
'wow, nice job trying to rehabilitate some plague rats, specifically'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

gbs is starting to make this unfunny its time to goldmine this thread and gas gbs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Upgrade posted:

since this thread is hopping if we remember back to the last saga, was the offsite rape discord about riven actually about riven - the sequel to myst? The puzzle game?
to be clear: someone posted the chat logs and they included random screenshots of riven FMVs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Upgrade posted:

… how … it’s a point in click puzzle game. Am I not remembering this game right? You just clicked on shapes to align a big machine right??
it had a plot implied in the background but it was mostly just vague 'there was an advanced civilization once and then the society broke down and there was a rebellion'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

freeasinbeer posted:

Lmao at the folks ITT mad that someone they liked went aggro against half the other forums felt the need to invent drama over at least two years and got caught.

That’s hell of a saga.
the post understander has logged on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

as I understand it the RP wasn't written by the goon(s), which makes it even funnier because it means they found a a Riven: the sequel to Myst roleplay with player character sex dolls and went yeah, this is good stuff, this is the one
i think podima was involved in a LARP (yes, really) with these characters/plot but it fell apart before any kind of conclusion and he was so invested in the riven the sequel to myst sex RP that he and his friends corraled a bunch of goons into living out the RP podima never got to have

hence the complete refusal to let goons tweak any of it if they were put off by any of the concepts and the attempts to downplay/hide it from people they thought would be put off by it

which even if it was just a normal rp and not a weird sexdoll one would still be insanely weird behavior

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unfortunately the time to goldmine this thread has passed and it must now be gassed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

I would call you a cuck, but the idea of someone originally loving you brings me visceral terror.
boba pearl shut the gently caress up already

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway i liked in video game championship wrestling when the wwe game was so unstable that youd get poo poo like characters teleporting around the ring and reversing time for no reason

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dWK4dqev7g&t=1506s

toad just starting to slip through the timestream here is funny as gently caress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

I'd say both. Posting online a lot skews your perspective of things and how you socialize. Social media stuff like Facebook or Twitter are great at making it worse. This is a dramatic troll forum so it self-selects on top of that, but eh you could look over at reddit and see it's just as prone to petty tyranny, completely inane power tripping stuff, and bizarre drama.
i think a big thing that separates these forums from facebook or twitter is that its a large enough community that it feels like there's people but its a small enough one that becoming known to everyone on it is reasonably possible. combine that with the relatively 'buttoned up' rules (people on twitter only get banned for like, posting coordinates to a bomb) and accounts having an active cost/people being actively driven out of the community sometimes it really feeds into these sorts of weird social power fantasies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

getting called a pedophile for no particular reason sucked but otoh imp zone posts good content sometimes. in conclusion, ftw?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fr tho i think a lot of goons, and nerds in general, have a real problem understanding that not being or feeling welcome in a space doesnt mean that space is bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Imp zone is one of the few game discussion places I've seen that isn't I put in 50000 man hours into this game and I don't like it because one of your punches is. 05 seconds out of sync and here is my 12 page design document with no peer review on how I'll fanfic the game to actually get a 7. 5 on ign

games is fine now but it sure took a while to get there and you still get some bad threads (mostly the console megathreads)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the games rpg thread is epic.
i saw some dude get insanely mad about it being the worst thread on the forums because i said i didnt like chrono trigger in it once

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chrono trigger's impressive in a lot of ways for the snes just nothing in it really clicks that hard for me besides magus's whole bit and crono dying being a neat twist, the rest is kinda whatever and i find the combat pretty dull even by snes jrpg standards. i didnt play it until after id played stuff like ff9 that were way more my thing so maybe thats part of it

IK Edit: added spoilers as requested

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 29, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I really enjoyed Tobal No. 1’s Story mode.
i saw the most loving insane bit about tobal number 2

quote:

According to Ken Kutaragi, when tested with a "performance analyzer" which Sony's engineers had developed to test how much of the PlayStation's potential a piece of software uses, Tobal 2 was shown to use 90%, while every other PlayStation game released up until that point measured at 50% or less.

what does this mean

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, for example, Formula One from Psygnosis is a great-looking game, but according to our performance analyzer it is only using 50% of PlayStation's potential. And this was, until very recently, the most advanced game. Tekken 2 uses only 30% to 40%. But now Tobal No. 2 uses 90% of PlayStation's potential. I was very surprised to see this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

spoiler tags for a 30 year old game?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I never played 2 since it didnt release domestically but I just saw it had 200 player characters to choose from?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpjFcLIm6mc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i eat off paper plates if im having like, a sandwich. or mcdonalds. however you should not eat a proper homecooked meal off a paper plate, or even half-decent restaurant food.