Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Took me a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Fritz the Horse posted:

found it: https://massextinctionevent.org/

you could spend hours, it's amazing

Holy poo poo, this brings me back to the simpler time of early 2000s insane websites.

quote:

Now that you’re here with me, shall I try to evince its contours to you?

quote:

absolutely no liberalisms whatsoever. Not even one!

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

quote:

I THINK VICTIMS OF ABUSE SHOULD SHUT THE gently caress UP AND POST TITS AND IM GOING TO SAY SO UNTIL MEN LOVE FINALLY LOVE ME

What?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

some plague rats posted:

The gbs feedback thread went some places lol. I strongly recommend not reading it but if you do please cut me some slack for my part, it's been a long week

Don't you hate GBS? Why are you even in that thread?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

some plague rats posted:

Wonder how many posts he has in the Ukraine thread

Nobody actually answer that btw, we're not here to helldump anyone

Please don't start this again.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Holy loving poo poo what a ride y'all went on when I wasn't paying attention. I'm not sure there's been a bigger reveal since KM's alt.

Also this:

TheSwizzler posted:

I like ya FNLN but you're an incredibly earnest dweeb

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Boba Pearl posted:

how come when I read your posts, I get the vibe that you're aware at all times how far 500 ft is away from a school?

Speaking of avatars, your new one is cool.

Edit: Post was a bit much though

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

The 7th Guest posted:

I can go spelunking mayhaps

e: hm maybe not GBS doesn't show up in archives for dec 2006, although i rarely use archives so maybe I'm doing it wrong

You have to use the old GBS forumid: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Mr. Nice! posted:

People asked a few pages ago about Randaconda. I was the one that looked up his stuff after another FL goon gave me his name. He hadn’t posted for a couple months at that point, so we wondered what had happened. I used to be a lawyer, so it was trivial for me to dig up his case documents.

He uploaded a CSAM picture to imgur who flagged it and reported his IP to the authorities. It made it to his local police station or sheriff’s office (I can’t recall which) who knocked on his door one evening and asked to come in. He let them in and had more CSAM open on his computer. He pleaded guilty to a number of charges for possession of CSAM and was sentenced to 10 years.

I don't know what CSAM stands for, so I can't not read this as CSPAM.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I'm not sure what it says about me or what it says about CSPAM that I definitely remember that a couple times before I've seen someone post the abbreviation CSAM and I just assumed it was a typo for CSPAM because it seemed to make sense in context.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

sourdough posted:

Also thank you, I wanted to lol at this again

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont care about the probes but i would like for the mods from every subforum to try and understand that sometimes a very bad word is very funny when used correctly

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

tristeham posted:

guessing they have a weird grudge against this thread.

I'm guessing they're just stupid

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Autisanal Cheese posted:

lmao no that first thread in your post is worth a read, primarily because it is apparently the origin of this:

I'm kinda amazed that TLD didn't get a probe for that. I guess even the mods laughed at it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

he got his qcs access revoked by jeffrey pretty quickly

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Carbon dioxide posted:

yeah Adblock Plus is the one that was bought by an ad company and spies on you. uBlock Origin blocks everything, including on Youtube and usually Twitch (sometimes it stops working on Twitch but then the next update fixes it).

I also use SponsorBlock which is a youtube-specific browser add-on that automatically skips past any "this vid is sponsored by nordvpn world of wartanks". Depends on other users marking those sections but that usually happens within an hour of uploading.

Wait what's that about Adblock plus? I've been using it for a really long time and I never see ads, so I've never paid attention to it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Cuttlefush posted:

iirc they have some poo poo where ad companies can pay them to specifically let their ads through

That's optional, it's just a checkbox in the options (don't even remember if it defaults to on or off).

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jesus loving Christ dude, nobody should have that happen to them.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Antivehicular posted:

There is nothing better on this website than when Esoteric Thing Knowers show up to spout their wisdom

This is in turn why this thread is so great: it's an Esoteric Thing Knower thread about the forums, and thus a perfect recursive spiral of Good Knowledge

Wisdom

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

DaysBefore posted:

Posting a video essay in response to a question is a killable offence imo

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

cheetah7071 posted:

The presence of funky kong in this month's games chat thread poll reminded me of this saga, from 2018. For context, spudsbuckley was a very lovely poster who, after this, was banned+100k hour probed. It sucked rear end that this is what it took to get them gone, but it's still a great series of posts to read

Endorph rules.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

He has no style, he has no grace. This Kong appropriated from the Polynesian race

As does this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Cleansing shall be held soon to prepare the thread to be reborn

:eek: