Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
That's not the original post, but it is good; thank you for finding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

his very mild concern for steroid abuse enraging someone into posting about lusting for cyclist death was a beautiful moment

Sludge Tank posted:

I've always loving hated cyclists. I even started a Facebook group called I loving Hate Cyclists back in 08 or so and got interviewed about it in a Sydney Newspaper because its such a hot issue here

My level of hatred for you lycra wearing smug cocksuckers has been static. I deal with you assholes every day on the road but you dont see me going into the cycling thread making GBS threads it up with why I think cycling and cyclists are hosed and should all be mashed into the loving bitumen.

seeing as you seem to enjoy coming here and winding everyone up then I'll just continue saying how much I loathe the cockroaches of the road and how I lust for their violent deaths. Brb going to watch videos of cyclists being bit by trucks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

12 rats tied together posted:

i use the adblocker that hides and clicks on all the ads for you and it works on youtube videos. it was removed from the chrome web store though so installing it is not fun and does not feel particularly safe

Do you mean Adblock Plus? I use that and it's still up on the Chrome webstore as far as I can tell.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
INRI wrote the ultimate hustler Iliad edition and that alone guarantees him a place in elysium

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Adblock stopped working on twitch for me which usually isn't an issue but a streamer I watch changed from pre roll to midroll ads and now every 15mins it cuts to 2 minutes worth of ads and it's so bad. Still works on youtube for me thank god.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Do you mean Adblock Plus? I use that and it's still up on the Chrome webstore as far as I can tell.

i had to google it but it was "adnauseum" https://github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/wiki/Install-AdNauseam-on-Chromium-based-browsers

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

INRI wrote the ultimate hustler Iliad edition and that alone guarantees him a place in elysium

That was Ingwit

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

that whole thread is amazing, the guy declaring he's going to abuse tren harder to spite inri is :discourse:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fortaleza posted:

That was Ingwit

drat

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

that whole thread is amazing, the guy declaring he's going to abuse tren harder to spite inri is :discourse:

that guy has some insane posts that ended up with him getting permabanned when he was brought up in the last thread.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Yo post look like a dishrag

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Smirking_Serpent posted:

does anyone have any good SA Mart stories? Could go for some fatty jerky right about now
I've bought a lot of stuff from goons before. Most were great, packed well, undamaged, as described. Two in particular though were disasters.

One was a complete painted Blood Angels army for warhammer 40k, complete with customized vehicles and stuff. Really nice, really good price. Guy sent them in 3 of the foam trays for minis, in a standard sized uhaul box, which was twice the size necessary. To fill the rest of the space, he threw in random garbage, including a filthy unwashed towel, a bunch of plastic grocery bags, and like two handfuls of popcorn. This didn't fill it entirely and the rest of the box was empty air, so by the time the box got to me, the entire thing had effectively rock-tumbled everything inside into pieces(or chipped the paint on most so badly they'd need to be stripped and repainted anyways). I believe they refunded like half the price and told me to keep it rather than foot the bill for return shipping.

Another time I bought some stuff from a goon and when I opened the box there was a massive squashed cockroach sitting on top of everything in the box, it was like two inches long. Just nasty as hell.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

pentyne posted:

that guy has some insane posts that ended up with him getting permabanned when he was brought up in the last thread.

It was insane watching him go from doing some cool wet plate photography to roid rager with a pimple popping age gap dependant gf

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

inri also has this from when mma discussion was significantly less chill than present:

Cole posted:

Find me someone who was arguably the best in their sport and wasn't a total rear end in a top hat.

Mayweather? rear end in a top hat.
Rousey? rear end in a top hat.
Tom Brady? rear end in a top hat.
Michael Jordan? rear end in a top hat.
Barry Bonds? rear end in a top hat.
Tiger Woods? rear end in a top hat.

You might find one person here or there, but the vast majority of athletes who are arguably the best at what they do are assholes, and I'm sorry but I don't really think that's an accident.

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont doubt it haha.

i can name at least 1 billion. but i wont

Cole posted:

You can name 1 billion athletes who are the best at their sport? I don't even think there are a billion sports.

fatherdog posted:

Name ten or I'll probate you for a week.

I.N.R.I posted:

now i really dont want to. -______-

from the classic fyad thread here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752598

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

inri also has this from when mma discussion was significantly less chill than present:

Lmao

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Just added tren to my fall’s cycle plan solely because of INRI, the frail boy who can’t ride his bike fast enough nor post an anonymous picture of his physique because he knows how easy it’d be to mock. Must suck to be mediocre at a sport no one cares about and then translate all that bitterness onto people who are only competing with themselves. You don’t belong here. You’ve offered literally nothing to this thread we don’t already know.

lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol inri kicked rear end

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Use a VPN and buy your YT premium from India for like $2.

This good sir.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
posters taking heroic amounts of steroids, stacking stimulants that sends their heart rates and BP skyrocketing, oh yeah and taking DNP, a drug that can easily cook you to death to burn fat in order to relive their lost youth as if its any different than any other addiction

I think inri is still around, just posting infrequently.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Fortaleza posted:

That was Ingwit

ingwit was cool

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

from the classic fyad thread here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752598

god drat. lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I amazed that anyone kept trying to post after inri dropped this on them

I.N.R.I posted:

they can make a drug that lets you tan faster but they still havent invented one that makes your skin thicker apparently

like literally zero shame just a bunch of roided up morons who are deciding to use the most aggressive, risky chemical enhancement possible because of a semi-pro cyclist who makes fun of them

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Eh I'd just pay for it if I was going to pay for a vpn. Although I'm convinced they're giving me more as punishment for not reupping.

Yeah I just pay for the family plan since the wife and I use it a lot.

12 rats tied together posted:

i use the adblocker that hides and clicks on all the ads for you and it works on youtube videos. it was removed from the chrome web store though so installing it is not fun and does not feel particularly safe

This works ok but we have an Apple TV and I watch a lot of stuff on my phone and iPad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

use ublock origin ffs

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

yo this better not be a dig on Clamato, a real and delicious (non-carbonated) beverage

cool now im thinking about carbonated clamato :gonk:

INRI and ingwit both owned, so many good posters i haven't seen in forever

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Stux posted:

use ublock origin ffs

thought everyone knew this

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

That Jett meltdown isn't particularly funny, but posting "he is, not only qualitatively but actually quantifiably, one of the shittiest posters on the forum" about your posting enemy and thinking it wins you any points is at least a sensible chuckle

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

yeah Adblock Plus is the one that was bought by an ad company and spies on you. uBlock Origin blocks everything, including on Youtube and usually Twitch (sometimes it stops working on Twitch but then the next update fixes it).

I also use SponsorBlock which is a youtube-specific browser add-on that automatically skips past any "this vid is sponsored by nordvpn world of wartanks". Depends on other users marking those sections but that usually happens within an hour of uploading.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
does ublock work on phones? can i get an adblocker for chrome on my phone

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yes, no

Mobile chrome doesn't allow extensions, firefox does.

e: oh lol also it doesn't work at all on ios you can install some entirely separate app called "Adguard" or something I guess

surc fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 27, 2023

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

How did this dipshit forum get a reputation for being the smartest forum on the internet because Jesus Christ it is just post after post of "I'm so drat excited to get a bag of random poo poo, where can I buy more???"

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Heath posted:

How did this dipshit forum get a reputation for being the smartest forum on the internet because Jesus Christ it is just post after post of "I'm so drat excited to get a bag of random poo poo, where can I buy more???"

The motto of this website is “the internet makes you stupid”

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

surc posted:

Yes, no

Mobile chrome doesn't allow extensions, firefox does.

e: oh lol also it doesn't work at all on ios you can install some entirely separate app called "Adguard" or something I guess

guess it's time to download firefox then...

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Heath posted:

You missed the person who posted how they've bought the "bag of crap" 10+ times on Woot.com and because they once got a ps3 controller it was a good thing.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

You missed the person who posted how they've bought the "bag of crap" 10+ times on Woot.com and because they once got a ps3 controller it was a good thing.

but the ps3 has no games

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

but the ps3 has no games

sure it does! they’re all on the ps5 now, though.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

yeah Adblock Plus is the one that was bought by an ad company and spies on you. uBlock Origin blocks everything, including on Youtube and usually Twitch (sometimes it stops working on Twitch but then the next update fixes it).

I also use SponsorBlock which is a youtube-specific browser add-on that automatically skips past any "this vid is sponsored by nordvpn world of wartanks". Depends on other users marking those sections but that usually happens within an hour of uploading.
Twitch specifically has multiple weird ways of displaying ads some of which are blockable some of which ain't.

It is more work setting up but you can get an ad free experience by opening up a twitch stream in vlc player rather than using their website. Assuming you're okay with missing the chat. Use inspect element each of the different available video qualities is listed as a different file ending in "m3u8", copy and paste the address for a given quality into vlc's open network stream. Twitch used to be kind enough to only load the media stream you actually selected on the player, but for some reason now they load all them even if you specifically selected same 1080p. Some there is a bit of guesswork getting the one you're looking for.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Carbon dioxide posted:

Wait what's that about Adblock plus? I've been using it for a really long time and I never see ads, so I've never paid attention to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

EasilyConfused posted:

Wait what's that about Adblock plus? I've been using it for a really long time and I never see ads, so I've never paid attention to it.

iirc they have some poo poo where ad companies can pay them to specifically let their ads through