Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Well well well, what have we- oh, this is just a post your pet thread. Nevermind, carry on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Nutmeg posted:

that loving ruled

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Zetsubou-san posted:

how many video game derails does the mod forum get?

Not many, but there's a violent food derail going on right now about whether you're supposed to put ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise on a hot dog

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

buffalo all day posted:

if there was like literally one piece of feedback from SAD that was pretty unanimous, and didn’t even seem to be contested by the modmins, it was that this kind of “using the mod forum as a hangout spot” was a terrible idea that separates community from the staff and builds an us vs them mentality, so glad it’s been totally disregarded immediately

It's a single chat thread you weenie, if you're expecting mods to never talk to each other about anything but forum business you're dumb as poo poo

NoiseAnnoys posted:

why must nobility always be so degenerate?

Don't look at me, I voted for sriracha

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

God I missed having a sagas thread

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I started learning mahjong to get a few completion points in Yakuza and now Ive been playing it on my work breaks because that shits fun as hell. I smoked someone in Mahjong Soul with a three dora Riichi Ippatsu the other night and it straight up sent them into negative points.

Also check out Mahjong Soul, it's got some stupid anime gatcha poo poo welded to it but otherwise it's a really solid free to play online mahjong client

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've heard of both but never saw them since I hadn't been arsed to figure out how to play, I'll have to check them out

After this I have to figure out Shogi for the other completion points :cripes: I'm not smart enough to platinum these games

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Heath posted:

It really is the best one out there but be warned it does occasionally get horny splash screens for some special events

But God damnit it's good mahjong

I went against someone who clearly spent a bunch of money to have an avatar of a lady in a towel. They wound up in 4th place.

I was first :grin:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
One of the crazier parts of the Elentor saga was that she decided to take a victory lap about her "sick own" on the LP discord of all places, then when everyone unanimously asked what the gently caress was wrong with her, she started switching between typing like Sephiroth and tone policing people for being mad at her.

Like it was "I only survived my dark past by becoming a bad person, unlike those too weak to survive" followed by "excuse me sweetie but you're being very hostile right now" up until she got booted. She legit thought she was going to get cheers and high fives

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We've tried but noone has managed to :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I only played Lufia 1 but it was dope, also one time as a kid I passed out out of nowhere and distinctly remember seeing Daos' sprite in a void while unconscious and the doctors never figured out why it happened even after multiple days of tests

I don't really know why I shared that but there it is. My point is Lufia 1 owns

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Captain Invictus posted:

Also the last duel is my all time favorite video game music track. Thoughtlong and hard about it, but it is. It's so ridiculously heroic, melancholic, it's the music of saving the world when you know there's no turning back. Literally the only thing wrong is they didn't set it to play over the battle theme instead of interrupting it for every random battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsIXvHteoK0

Hell yes the Lufia 1 version of this blew my mind as a kid, such a good song

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Gades nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

My favorite weird mod author story is the guy who made Gears ore for World of Warcraft. It was an addon that told you at a glance how good someone's gear was, so raid leaders could evaluate applicants quicker etc.

When Blizzard added a paid cosmetic mount to the game, some people got insanely mad about that including the addon author, so he quietly changed the addon to show anyone who owned the mount as having poo poo gear so nobody would invite them to groups. It took weeks before anyone caught on.

This is praxis