Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Morally Inept finally being banned in an ISIS beheading video thread, or possibly an ironic fake ISIS beheading video thread really brings it all full circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

OP I think it's possible that there might have been more than one mentally ill IK on tbis site.
Possible though it does make me think SPR is responsible for the AI Bernies. Can someone check if those correlate with opinions on Glenn Greenwald?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Admins must be really head stratching over what to do with this incredibly easy to handle situation
If someone directly sasses an admin permaban is done immediately. If it's anything else it takes weeks. This is the truth since the time before time.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kchama posted:

Look she’s presumably embarrassed and we asked her not to post for a little bit and even said ‘please’, so why should we do anything? We have to wait until all the mods and admins get back from their tropical vacations to do anything.
Ironcrowned and Power Khan still post among us. SPR probably ain't eating a perma.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Lady Radia posted:

it’s not that deep, they’re going through a bad time right now.
I mean wouldn't you be too? Your sworn forums enemy taken out by Rust. A kill steal that bad is gonna sting.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

yeah Adblock Plus is the one that was bought by an ad company and spies on you. uBlock Origin blocks everything, including on Youtube and usually Twitch (sometimes it stops working on Twitch but then the next update fixes it).

I also use SponsorBlock which is a youtube-specific browser add-on that automatically skips past any "this vid is sponsored by nordvpn world of wartanks". Depends on other users marking those sections but that usually happens within an hour of uploading.
Twitch specifically has multiple weird ways of displaying ads some of which are blockable some of which ain't.

It is more work setting up but you can get an ad free experience by opening up a twitch stream in vlc player rather than using their website. Assuming you're okay with missing the chat. Use inspect element each of the different available video qualities is listed as a different file ending in "m3u8", copy and paste the address for a given quality into vlc's open network stream. Twitch used to be kind enough to only load the media stream you actually selected on the player, but for some reason now they load all them even if you specifically selected same 1080p. Some there is a bit of guesswork getting the one you're looking for.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why do people think Firefox is unusable? I've used it for almost twenty years and I'm a well-known dumbass.
It's good right now but in the 2010s there it developed semifrequent memory leaks that would cause it to crash if you had too many tabs open.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

5 was the racist one. 6 was the one that was way too long.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

6 wasn't too long, imo. It was 4 (5?) weird and short games rushed out by a bunch of separate teams that barely communicated. So it felt excruciating as a whole.
It was something like twice as long as 5 if you played all four campaigns. Maybe not too long in an object sense but too long for the kind of experience they were delivering.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

What is the FFT romhack being discussed anyways?

Doctor Goat posted:

edit ^ Arthmoor might be the most toxic person in game modding, which is an incredible feat
Tessera the guy who made the "true patch" mod for Vampire the Masquerade might be worse.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

skasion posted:

Yeah true, it may be one of the most successful collaborative modding endeavors I’ve seen.
Also a full like third of all contributors have been banned from the mod discord for racism, being a sex weird, or just being an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Most Paradox mod teams would have promoted them. Though it does lead to situations where a system is broken and will remain broken forever because the one guy who knew how it worked was banned.