Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Anybody else watch this dumbass show? There's quite a few seasons at this point, it started in 2014. According to Wikipedia there is a 20% long term success rate so far. Supposedly the couples get married without meeting each other and after 8 weeks they decide if they will get a divorce. They really try to play up that it's "an experiment." It's reality tv so who knows how much is real.

So assuming it is real would you do it? On the plus side you get a free wedding! But personally I feel like attraction is so individual and I never know if I will ever click with someone until I meet them in person. There's something about feeling the other person's energy and presence that I think is important and it's totally impossible to predict whether it will happen or not. So it's a pretty big risk. But yet there are some couples that are still together and babies that have been born. It hasn't been a complete failure. Is 20% odds worth it for such a big reward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Do you get to choose based on first sight? Then it depends on the woman's cans obviously. What else can you judge them on :shrug:

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

PokeJoe posted:

Do you get to choose based on first sight? Then it depends on the woman's cans obviously. What else can you judge them on :shrug:

Her posting quality

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

PokeJoe posted:

What about the gams?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Look I'm not sure how much "first sight" you get. Do they bend over? Do a twirl? You can only judge so much from a portrait shot. Maybe you can guess at the size of that dumptruck from the hip wideness but are you really gonna get married based on an estimate???

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

This poo poo is on Netflix im starting season 10 right now you better not have steered me wrong OP

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is there like a cash prize or something? Why would you get married to a stranger they never did anything to hurt you

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Maybe they have huge cans OP. Everyone is a stranger until you meet them :shrug:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I don't even like to marry most people that I know. Why would I want to do that with a stranger?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

PokeJoe posted:

Maybe they have huge cans OP. Everyone is a stranger until you meet them :shrug:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Big Balloons, checks out

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm watching this show and some "experts" match you up and I don't think any of them take the cans into account. Of course this only has a 20% success rate

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ladies should do jumping jacks, guys should drop trou and helicopter. It's the only way to be sure.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

There's some British dating show like that where they show off the rear end and balls and you eliminate people based on that

"Naked Attraction"

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

Tinned goods are fine I guess but is it really wise to marry a woman based on the contents of her pantry?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

This mf never been on a pantry raid

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

PokeJoe posted:

There's some British dating show like that where they show off the rear end and balls and you eliminate people based on that

"Naked Attraction"

Bet it beats 20%.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Das Boo posted:

Bet it beats 20%.

:hmmyes:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Get out of here tiny dick. That rear end isn't fat enough in sorry. That's a beautiful pubis

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I love my womans taint

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Did you see it before or after the wedding

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

If you wink at a someone and they wink the brown eye back you know that's the one

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
It's an rear end eat rear end world

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I watch the show. I have seen every season except San Diego. I believe that the "experts" hate marriage and are routinely pairing up idiots to further erode the institution. 20% long-term success rate seems too high for the show, I would have guessed like half that.

So far this season in Nashville is very boring. Usually by now someone has revealed themselves to be insane, but there has only been one failure due to whining.

My wife and I tried watching a season of Australia MAFS and it was weirder, like much more gamified (sorta like Survivor) and the women all had very similar looks, like they were going clubbing and had troweled on makeup, and had lip injections or other plastic things where I wondered if this is what Australia has descended to, it was very depressing. The men weren't much better but at least they looked like they worked out, my wife appreciated that. The show was also definitely trashier but not in a fun way, more debasing than anything, which I'm usually for but have some self-awareness, please, even the Welsh are looking down on you. Years ago I met a nice couple from Perth, they seemed to dislike Perth very much, and seemed to think that being at Burning Man in a Honda Civic for shelter was a big improvement.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

There are plenty of nice women in Australia. I've seen some eps of the local show and they seem to seek out the worst shallow spoiled scheming skanks available. Being prepared to be on the show and marry someone you hardly know for the publicity and/or merely because you're a bored rich bitch is a very low bar already. The same goes for the manbitches on the show, of course. And maybe the Aust. contestants are more honest about it, we're not renowned for our tact.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 9, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Tinned goods are fine I guess but is it really wise to marry a woman based on the contents of her pantry?

That’s how you know you’ve found a good Mormon gal. :angel:

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
so whichone of you wants to marry me? i will upload a pic shortly

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
sorry i misunderstood the thread title please ignore.

unless you want to marry?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'm intrigued, but I have to know what's the meat to potatoes ratio on that bulge is first.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Manfred at First Sight would be a better show. The couples are given keyboardist Manfred Mann from the Manfred Mann series of bands to live with them forever.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Manfred by the Sight would be a better name

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Love is Blind is a better, dumber show.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MrQwerty posted:

Manfred by the Sight would be a better name

:golfclap:

And everyone will know the setup of the pilot episode, but can't quite all agree on what happened in the rest of them.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It's further exacerbated in the post-season special where you gather all the couples in a room to discuss what went wrong.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Szyznyk posted:

Love is Blind is a better, dumber show.

I love this stupid fuckin show

What fuckin idiot cheats on Raven, what absolute moron

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I work from home and I hear my wife watching this dumb poo poo all day.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I work from home and I hear my wife watching this dumb poo poo all day.

Same, and now we're divorcing.

I mean, for unrelated reasons. But to never have to listen to vapid reality poo poo again is quite the perk.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

LargeHadron posted:

Same, and now we're divorcing.

I mean, for unrelated reasons. But to never have to listen to vapid reality poo poo again is quite the perk.

now you can go on the show!!! grats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Zachack posted:

I watch the show. I have seen every season except San Diego. I believe that the "experts" hate marriage and are routinely pairing up idiots to further erode the institution. 20% long-term success rate seems too high for the show, I would have guessed like half that.

So far this season in Nashville is very boring. Usually by now someone has revealed themselves to be insane, but there has only been one failure due to whining.

My wife and I tried watching a season of Australia MAFS and it was weirder, like much more gamified (sorta like Survivor) and the women all had very similar looks, like they were going clubbing and had troweled on makeup, and had lip injections or other plastic things where I wondered if this is what Australia has descended to, it was very depressing. The men weren't much better but at least they looked like they worked out, my wife appreciated that. The show was also definitely trashier but not in a fun way, more debasing than anything, which I'm usually for but have some self-awareness, please, even the Welsh are looking down on you. Years ago I met a nice couple from Perth, they seemed to dislike Perth very much, and seemed to think that being at Burning Man in a Honda Civic for shelter was a big improvement.

Australian reality tv in general seems to exclusively cast those people. You never see normal people there.

Also Perth is fine but boring. Very boring. Our tourist slogan is "Perth is OK"