Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The band that did The Mighty Quinn in like '67 is also the band that covered to success Blinded by the Light in '77, it's an early Bruce Springsteen song from '73.

I find that weird and interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STV9u3b-g7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcWVL4B-4pI

Wee fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Would you believe in a love at first sight? Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time.

Suppose we take this to mean that love at first sight is happening continuously, that is, at least one match of love is being made at first sight continuously at Planck time intervals. This is a lot of love but it is a countable amount of love. Suppose, however, that the universe is of an uncountably infinite size. Then, assuming that only a finite number of loves at first sight are occurring at any possible instance, the probability of love at first sight occurring in any given region of space-time is actually zero. It is still technically possible to witness a love at first sight, as it must be, since it is after all happening all the time, but it is equally possible (and in fact infinitely more likely) never to witness love at first sight, at all.

I don't think the producers stopped to consider this before putting this show on the air.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCfvGOeBJtw

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hubba hubba

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Can I ask them if they have stairs in their house?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Szyznyk posted:

Love is Blind is a better, dumber show.

You're not wrong

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
what if it was married at first bite and it was people had to marry blood sucking vampires

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Shitted At First Fart

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i would totally go on one of these shows and marry some random for a laugh

whats the worst that could happen?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan...C%20California.

you get murdered

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i always wanted to die in an interesting way so im still not hearing any downsides tbh

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

also pick your nickname from that show, i'm Big Dog

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm The Baby

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm the "investor"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

kntfkr posted:

I'm The Baby

Gotta love me

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
big purple eyes i'm very cuddly

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

There was this one woman, Amelia, who admitted towards the end of the process that she basically did it because she thought it would be funny to be on a reality show. The husband was concerned about this for some reason.
edit it's on youtube lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCaIoa0UVdo
SHOCKING ADMISSION

Dixville fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 9, 2023

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I'm the swinger baby, yeah

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Dixville posted:

There was this one woman, Amelia, who admitted towards the end of the process that she basically did it because she thought it would be funny to be on a reality show. The husband was concerned about this for some reason.

they should have paired me up with her!

just saw the video you edited in, husband is a weird mustache guy lol

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
The best part of the show is when they finally meet and you can see by one or both of their expressions that they are not at all happy. It's a pretty hosed up show and I think it should probably be banned and the creators exiled.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Oh man I just remembered I've also been watching Perfect Match where everyone on the show has been in some other netflix reality show, like Love is Blind or The Circle (from every season and also apparently the other country spinoffs) and they are all living together and have to match up every week. It's like complicated too they have to win challenges to get the right to fix people up on dates with the new people that also come in every week. Anyone that doesn't match with anyone goes home. It's... interesting. I got to the one where they set the bisexual girl up with another girl when she is currently matched with a guy that really likes her and it was sooo scandalous. I felt like there should have been an old fashioned studio audience going "oooooooo" anyway it's fun to watch when I'm on edibles

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
There's a Swedish version of this franchise and after a few years they have like a 5% success rate or something. They are hilariously bad at pairing up people and famously the one couple that ended up staying together where so utterly plain that both the guy and the girl declared "eating tacos" to be their defining trait.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lilljonas posted:

There's a Swedish version of this franchise and after a few years they have like a 5% success rate or something. They are hilariously bad at pairing up people and famously the one couple that ended up staying together where so utterly plain that both the guy and the girl declared "eating tacos" to be their defining trait.

lmao i wonder if people where they live are like, "oh hey there goes the taco couple lol"

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
I watched a few of the first seasons. Season 1 and 2 seemed like the experts actually tried to pair the people reasonably but after that there was always like at least 1 wtf pairing. Had to stop watching it after the season where they paired some girl with a dude that was literally homeless before the show started (sleeping on peoples couches, not out in the streets). And then the dude who had just gotten his ex-fiancé pregnant and been single for like 2 months after breaking up with her. Makes it tough to watch bc the girls wanted it to work and were doing everything to not let it fail but it’s like no these dudes suck don’t be with him. The “experts” are trash

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

BigSexy posted:

I watched a few of the first seasons. Season 1 and 2 seemed like the experts actually tried to pair the people reasonably but after that there was always like at least 1 wtf pairing. Had to stop watching it after the season where they paired some girl with a dude that was literally homeless before the show started (sleeping on peoples couches, not out in the streets). And then the dude who had just gotten his ex-fiancé pregnant and been single for like 2 months after breaking up with her. Makes it tough to watch bc the girls wanted it to work and were doing everything to not let it fail but it’s like no these dudes suck don’t be with him. The “experts” are trash

You mean Dr Pepper isn’t a real expert?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

but stupid posters need the most attention

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Wow this dog means business. I wouldn't mess around with this dog.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

This is the first time I’ve sighted this dog and I would happily marry it. Classy Latin phrase, fancy seal at the bottom, executive position… this dog is clearly a winner.

Dial A For Awesome fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 10, 2023

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

A Sometimes Food posted:

Australian reality tv in general seems to exclusively cast those people. You never see normal people there.

Also Perth is fine but boring. Very boring. Our tourist slogan is "Perth is OK"

I thought that was Adelaide's slogan.

Perth is an amazing location filled with the blandest culture.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Zachack posted:

Australia
Australian Seven Year Switch is the best of the Aus versions because they are all so loving vapid and awful.

Dixville posted:

edit it's on youtube lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCaIoa0UVdo
SHOCKING ADMISSION
This is ART. SHOCKING Art!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Lol imagine going onto a reality show because you wanted to be on a reality show. What a deception

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
that's just duplicitous