Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao

baka of lathspell

idk i now wake up at 6 am regardless of when i sleep so thats something

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I sleep a lot OP. ain't got no job but I've got a lot of cannabis butter :mexico:

I slept poorly for years until I started walking 7500 steps per day and now I sleep like the dead :tootzzz:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

baka of lathspell

Areola Grande posted:

I sleep a lot OP. ain't got no job but I've got a lot of cannabis butter :mexico:

I slept poorly for years until I started walking 7500 steps per day and now I sleep like the dead :tootzzz:

yea fr it is a good idea to walk around a lot and tire yurself out

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Areola Grande

baka fwocka fwame posted:

yea fr it is a good idea to walk around a lot and tire yurself out

:haibrower:

Shadow0

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

I'm very sure I have sleep apnea. I feel like it's getting worse or something too. I just want to sleep all the time. I'm supposed to see a doctor in a few weeks. It's been such a slow process.

I spend every waking moment wishing I was asleep. It's absolutely wrecking my work-life. And I don't have the energy to do anything ever. I don't even want to play games most days.

It's kind of crazy. I don't even remember waking up most of the time. Just really relying on sleeping me to make sure I wake up and breath every so often. What if one of these times I don't? :ohdear:

Well, hopefully, we can get a fix in the next few weeks.

frump truck

hello... again!

my sleep disorder is that my cat wakes me up or sometimes i get thirsty

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Shadow0 posted:

I'm very sure I have sleep apnea. I feel like it's getting worse or something too. I just want to sleep all the time. I'm supposed to see a doctor in a few weeks. It's been such a slow process.

I spend every waking moment wishing I was asleep. It's absolutely wrecking my work-life. And I don't have the energy to do anything ever. I don't even want to play games most days.

It's kind of crazy. I don't even remember waking up most of the time. Just really relying on sleeping me to make sure I wake up and breath every so often. What if one of these times I don't? :ohdear:

Well, hopefully, we can get a fix in the next few weeks.

yes, I hope you can find a solution. It sounds like getting the diagnosis is an annoying process. I think my wife needs to do it too.

I don't have sleep apnea, I just never get enough sleep. I'm not and won't ever be a morning person and fitting myself into this routine sucks. Were it up to me I'd totally sleep till like 11:00 and go from there.

Feels like I need like ten hours of sleep a night to wake up feeling rested and I can't even tell you the last time that was, so I gave up.
As it is, I drink coffee like it's water and it would be nothing to slam a cup and take a nap
go 2 bed dead and wake up dead and dead all day too
dead boys 4 life

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Areola Grande

didn't sleep. this time of year is when I lose my mind dealing with fleas. they get in my bedroom and hop around on me while I toss and turn at night. I get up every couple hours to spray myself with herbal flea spray or DEET which grants me momentary peace

today and probably the rest of the week I'll be washing my bedclothes daily, vacuuming daily, sprinkling flea powder on the carpet and bathing my little dog with flea shampoo

yes he's Frontlined but the flea horde is only partially discouraged by this fact

I wouldn't wish this sleep disorder on anyone :morning:

Areola Grande

spent all day deliriously doing flea duties. I sure hope I sleep tonight cause I gotta donate plasma tomorrow and I need to drive good to get there. namaste

Areola Grande

sorry for the rant byob :sweatdrop:

baka of lathspell

its all good imo, i wasnt sure what to say cuz i never dealt with fleas. sounds lame thooo

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Yuck, sorry to hear that. I hope your fleas, uh, flee with haste.

baka of lathspell

Sarah Cenia posted:

dead boys 4 life

love 2 be dead

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Farecoal

There he go

Where do the fleas come from??

My main sleeping problem is my drat cat waking me up an hour before I'm supposed to for food, so I can't even go back to sleep really

Ass-penny

:same:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I recorded myself sleeping yesterday. I had been up for over a day and was really exhausted and my body was screaming for me to sleep. A few years back I was doing lots of all nighters and I remember that when I do finally fall asleep after these periods of no rest I sort of talk to myself, or grunt or mutter, or something and I had done some recordings a few times and the mutters back then really sounded like I was talking to someone.

Anywho, I figured I'd give it a shot yesterday so I started recording on my phone and laid it next to my head. The whole recording is about 20 minutes long as I woke up with a start, but feeling pretty rested and didn't even realize until later that I had only slept for 20 minutes.

I went back to listen to the audio and you can hear me fall asleep right quick. Pretty wild that it sounds like I go immediately into deep sleep. My breathing got really slow and deep and I was in the cusp of snoring.

The first odd thing is that after about a minute there is a slight change in the background noise, it almost sounds like it sort of becomes electric. Over the next twenty seconds or so it increases slightly and then my phone shifts and slides across the bed into my arm. Now I figured it was just sliding closer to me due to my body weight on the mattress. In the video I grab my phone when it hits my arm and I move it to the other side of my head, next to a small fan that I keep on the bed. I had the fan off and Kacie's heater off as well and you can hear everything in the room really clear.

After about thirty seconds I fall back into that deep sleep, you can hear my breathing change and get deeper and I start getting close to that snoring threshold.

Then something really odd happens. You can hear something that sounds like a heel on wood like a step but it's a double tap, kind of like a heartbeat. Buh-dum. I have toiled over this sound for the last day, and run this whole track through Audition to clean up the sound a bit. I've also looked around my room and tried to find something that it sounds like, and I swear to you it sounds like the drawer on my computer desk opening. I can recreate the sound almost exactly.

The sound happens again a few seconds later, like another drawer is opening. Then there's a very light flick or flicker sound that sort of sounds like paper. I recently found that a mouse had gotten into one of the drawers that I had some 5x7 photos in sleeves sitting in, and had chewed the corner of one of the photos, the one on top and I had pulled the stack of photos out of the drawer and sat them on top of my desk. They were still there yesterday when I got up. But I decided to flip through them like you would if you were moving them from one stack to another and it replicates the sound of the flick that you can hear in the video. Wtf

So the sound continues and you can hear what sounds like flicking through about five, maybe six of those photos and then that stops but the draw tap happens again a couple times followed by what I swear sound like someone quickly moving across the floor above me.

For the record, I am not a ghost person, I have never in my life seen anything to substantiate the presence of ghosts or spirits. But this audio that follows is loving mind boggling to listen to and I have no logical answer for what I've recorded. I don't know what is actually happening but I'll tell it like it sounds to my ears:

The drawer taps happen a few times, and then the quick pacing across the floor. I have a little plastic fidget spinner-type toy attached to the wall next to Kacie's cage that she like to chew on and rotate. Well, something spun that spinner really fast and then a second later stopped it from spinning. Like spinnnnnnnnnnnnnn-STOP. Then you can hear the steps across the floor above and the desk drawer move again.

After a few seconds and intermittent grunts from me there is what sounds like an old film camera shutter click. Not one that I have in my room so I cannot place what exactly it sounds like. Not as loud as a Polaroid but similar.

After a while of snoring/deep breathing/grunts you can hear... Idfk... What sound like someone getting into bed with me? Does that sound nuts? So you'd think, like my legs may be moving but you can see from the camera that is pointed at the ceiling that as the sound happens/someone gets into the bed, that the camera view dips a bit like another weight has been added to mine. What in the fuuuck.. some grunts from me over the next several minutes mixed with what sounds like me kinda saying "mmhmm" like agreeing, plus some sounds that, I don't know, may sound sort of risque. I'm trying to be as clinical as I can here about this documentation.

Okay, now the strangest loving part of the whole thing. The grunting is intermixed with what, by this time, is very definitely a film camera clicking and winding to the next frame. Then there's a pause for a brief moment and then a soft sound that gradually gets much louder and then obviously very loud and noticeable. It sounds like a blade or wing or something that is cutting through the airs in a circular motion that is getting closer and closer to the camera. A spinning whoosh sound that lasts about ten seconds in total that starts faint and gets louder and louder until it sounds like it reaches the level of the bed/camera at which point you can see the bed be pressed down as a much larger weight is pushed down on the bed. The camera angle shifts substantially under the weight of whatever it is pressing down. Like a full grown person has literally just laid right on top of me. As it presses down the spinning/whooshing stops and you can hear Kacie is in the distance flutter her wings like she was startled by it.

There's some (obvious) communication between me and something, just in the cadence and timing of the grunts like I'm responding to someone saying something. There's some weird noises that I haven't really been able to come up with ideas for yet an then suddenly, like a celery stalk breaking or a very quick SLAP I jolt up in bed saying "yep!" And take a huge breath and get up and shut off the camera.

How was your Saturday?

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 12, 2023

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Areola Grande

Farecoal posted:

Where do the fleas come from??

he lives in my bedroom. I take him for daily walks so I assume he sometimes is carrying unseen passengers when we return. Yorkies are a show breed and they have a silky coat very akin to ppl hair. However they lack the protective undercoat which protect most breeds from fleas.

he's cute but he is a flea hotel waiting to happen

Areola Grande

anyways I slept fine last night after carpet bombing those sons of bitches :tfrxmas:

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
May I suggest

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Areola Grande

lol

baka of lathspell

Viginti Septem posted:

I recorded myself sleeping yesterday. I had been up for over a day and was really exhausted and my body was screaming for me to sleep. A few years back I was doing lots of all nighters and I remember that when I do finally fall asleep after these periods of no rest I sort of talk to myself, or grunt or mutter, or something and I had done some recordings a few times and the mutters back then really sounded like I was talking to someone.

Anywho, I figured I'd give it a shot yesterday so I started recording on my phone and laid it next to my head. The whole recording is about 20 minutes long as I woke up with a start, but feeling pretty rested and didn't even realize until later that I had only slept for 20 minutes.

I went back to listen to the audio and you can hear me fall asleep right quick. Pretty wild that it sounds like I go immediately into deep sleep. My breathing got really slow and deep and I was in the cusp of snoring.

The first odd thing is that after about a minute there is a slight change in the background noise, it almost sounds like it sort of becomes electric. Over the next twenty seconds or so it increases slightly and then my phone shifts and slides across the bed into my arm. Now I figured it was just sliding closer to me due to my body weight on the mattress. In the video I grab my phone when it hits my arm and I move it to the other side of my head, next to a small fan that I keep on the bed. I had the fan off and Kacie's heater off as well and you can hear everything in the room really clear.

After about thirty seconds I fall back into that deep sleep, you can hear my breathing change and get deeper and I start getting close to that snoring threshold.

Then something really odd happens. You can hear something that sounds like a heel on wood like a step but it's a double tap, kind of like a heartbeat. Buh-dum. I have toiled over this sound for the last day, and run this whole track through Audition to clean up the sound a bit. I've also looked around my room and tried to find something that it sounds like, and I swear to you it sounds like the drawer on my computer desk opening. I can recreate the sound almost exactly.

The sound happens again a few seconds later, like another drawer is opening. Then there's a very light flick or flicker sound that sort of sounds like paper. I recently found that a mouse had gotten into one of the drawers that I had some 5x7 photos in sleeves sitting in, and had chewed the corner of one of the photos, the one on top and I had pulled the stack of photos out of the drawer and sat them on top of my desk. They were still there yesterday when I got up. But I decided to flip through them like you would if you were moving them from one stack to another and it replicates the sound of the flick that you can hear in the video. Wtf

So the sound continues and you can hear what sounds like flicking through about five, maybe six of those photos and then that stops but the draw tap happens again a couple times followed by what I swear sound like someone quickly moving across the floor above me.

For the record, I am not a ghost person, I have never in my life seen anything to substantiate the presence of ghosts or spirits. But this audio that follows is loving mind boggling to listen to and I have no logical answer for what I've recorded. I don't know what is actually happening but I'll tell it like it sounds to my ears:

The drawer taps happen a few times, and then the quick pacing across the floor. I have a little plastic fidget spinner-type toy attached to the wall next to Kacie's cage that she like to chew on and rotate. Well, something spun that spinner really fast and then a second later stopped it from spinning. Like spinnnnnnnnnnnnnn-STOP. Then you can hear the steps across the floor above and the desk drawer move again.

After a few seconds and intermittent grunts from me there is what sounds like an old film camera shutter click. Not one that I have in my room so I cannot place what exactly it sounds like. Not as loud as a Polaroid but similar.

After a while of snoring/deep breathing/grunts you can hear... Idfk... What sound like someone getting into bed with me? Does that sound nuts? So you'd think, like my legs may be moving but you can see from the camera that is pointed at the ceiling that as the sound happens/someone gets into the bed, that the camera view dips a bit like another weight has been added to mine. What in the fuuuck.. some grunts from me over the next several minutes mixed with what sounds like me kinda saying "mmhmm" like agreeing, plus some sounds that, I don't know, may sound sort of risque. I'm trying to be as clinical as I can here about this documentation.

Okay, now the strangest loving part of the whole thing. The grunting is intermixed with what, by this time, is very definitely a film camera clicking and winding to the next frame. Then there's a pause for a brief moment and then a soft sound that gradually gets much louder and then obviously very loud and noticeable. It sounds like a blade or wing or something that is cutting through the airs in a circular motion that is getting closer and closer to the camera. A spinning whoosh sound that lasts about ten seconds in total that starts faint and gets louder and louder until it sounds like it reaches the level of the bed/camera at which point you can see the bed be pressed down as a much larger weight is pushed down on the bed. The camera angle shifts substantially under the weight of whatever it is pressing down. Like a full grown person has literally just laid right on top of me. As it presses down the spinning/whooshing stops and you can hear Kacie is in the distance flutter her wings like she was startled by it.

There's some (obvious) communication between me and something, just in the cadence and timing of the grunts like I'm responding to someone saying something. There's some weird noises that I haven't really been able to come up with ideas for yet an then suddenly, like a celery stalk breaking or a very quick SLAP I jolt up in bed saying "yep!" And take a huge breath and get up and shut off the camera.

How was your Saturday?

um did i read this right? are you sleeping with shadow people

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Shadow0

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

um did i read this right? are you sleeping with shadow people

You didn't tell me you'd be recording... :ninja:

Shadow0

I kind of regret reading this right before bed. I'm surprised you set up a video. Did you plan to record an 8-hour video? Can you post it somewhere, I'm intrigued what the sounds were.

Also: My other sleep disorder - I want to play video games with my friend, but he's in the wrong timezone. So I stayed up until 9 playing games yesterday and woke up at 15 because it was finally the weekend, but now I can't sleep. :arghfist:

I regret nothing.

Areola Grande

no more fleas... for now :sweatdrop:

Areola Grande

Viginti Septem posted:

How was your Saturday?

hang in there. I've got high blood pressure if u feel like trading :rolldice:

Quadramind

I moved my bed time and stopped putting things into my body for a few hours beforehand and it's helping me to feel better.

If I want a drink in the evening, I'm sticking to whiskey, cos carbs fuckin destroy me for hours. Little belt of Jameson and a pint or two of water hits way nicer and doesn't defer proper sleep for anywhere near as long as a beer would.

Finger Prince

I'm in such a sleep deficit from the last couple of weeks I feel like taking the one single expired zopiclone I found and just switching off for like 10 hours before I have to get up for work tomorrow.

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

I'm in such a sleep deficit from the last couple of weeks I feel like taking the one single expired zopiclone I found and just switching off for like 10 hours before I have to get up for work tomorrow.

do it. that fuzzy, half dead feeling is the worst

Finger Prince

Areola Grande posted:

do it. that fuzzy, half dead feeling is the worst

I did it. No idea how long it'll take to kick in, or how effective it'll be given it's almost a year expired, but I'm in bed now come what may.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Lately I've been going to bed before midnight and wake up around then for 45 minutes. Dunno know what that means but I browse for a bit and go back to bed

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

I did it. No idea how long it'll take to kick in, or how effective it'll be given it's almost a year expired, but I'm in bed now come what may.

hoping ur sleeping like a Snorlax rn 🤞

Finger Prince

Areola Grande posted:

hoping ur sleeping like a Snorlax rn 🤞

Who the gently caress you think you fuckin with? I've got expired pharmaceuticals! I run poo poo here! You just live here! Yeah that's right Insomnia, you better walk away. Go on walk away, cuz imma sleep like the fuckin dead. Snorlax ain't got poo poo on me!

Areola Grande

:stonk:

baka of lathspell

idk whats up with zopiclone but that stuff never worked for me, id have the same bad half-sleep but wake up just feeling extra dead & hosed. the feeling was like pebbles rolling around in my brain or something

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Finger Prince

idk whats up with zopiclone but that stuff never worked for me, id have the same bad half-sleep but wake up just feeling extra dead & hosed. the feeling was like pebbles rolling around in my brain or something

I've only ever had it once before. Brain drugs are funky, they effect different people different ways.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Ugh I've been playing vampire survivors and I've got tetris effect from it and I'm struggling to sleep

big black turnout

Viginti Septem posted:

How was your Saturday?

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
I close my eyes and in 2 mins am in dreamworlds until it's time to wake up and go pee or wake up because i did too much blankets and am sweating to death again