Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Those banners rule exmarx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
I still don't quite understand why labour gave greens anything at all when they didn't need them.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I voted for act like 20ish years ago because I thought it would make a girl like me more

I misread this as

"my brain" posted:

I voted for act like 20ish years ago because I thought it would make a girl, like me, more

and I was like "more what? What did it make a girl like you more of?" and it was a very confusing time

klen dool
May 7, 2007

That can't be real, can it?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Maybe this is a silly question but why can't a coalition hate each other guts? What if we are put into a position where the only viable govt is Nat/Green for some reason. Is that even possible? Is that why there is a 5% votes threshold to stop that scenario?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Yeah I guess I'm making up a just-so story here, in reality no coalition would be formed and I presume we'd have another election

klen dool
May 7, 2007

I reckon national will try to pull an ardern, get Willis in like 2 months before the election.

She seems way smarter to me than luxon but also they aren't trying to appeal to me so maybe they'll stay with luxon because he's a dumbarse.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

I think we can sufficiently humiliate her, although a high bars been set by Hobart

klen dool
May 7, 2007

exmarx posted:

my personal opinion about that british freak is that nz should have an extremely high bar for doing border hawk stuff

I tend to agree but I think she clears that bar easily

klen dool
May 7, 2007

I got to "biological women" and instinctively hit the back button in disgust

klen dool
May 7, 2007

What is it with smug know it all right wing men an "actually". Keys used to do it all the time.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

I could have sworn she said "all". Is that perhaps a mis-quote on purpose?

I should probably go watch the video again

klen dool
May 7, 2007

gently caress she didn't say "all" at all. Not even a hint of "all", the audio couldn't be clearer.

I kind thought she was being a tad hyperbolic but understandably so, and to be clear I don't think she needed to clarify, but she didn't even say what I thought she said!

klen dool
May 7, 2007

I think that audio is really upsetting
like yeah garners a wanker but tova is alright I guess and there are a bunch of people that work there

klen dool
May 7, 2007

yeah there are people crying in the background and poo poo, and like they were all obviously told a lie about how long term this enterprise was gonna be and yeah yeah you can go on about how naive they are for believing a business guy who they obviously trusted tell them this was gonna be a long term exercise but like they are a victim of lies and fraud (perhaps not legally since you couldn't prove it) and victim blaming.

You should be able to trust that when your boss says "in it for the long term" he is also not saying to the board of directors "weIl think if X doesn't happen in 5 months we'll pull the plug" or whatever

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

that's...... hopelessly naive

Actually no it's not. If I'd said "you CAN trust your boss...." THAT would be naive. But I didn't, I was saying this is how it should be, not this is how it is.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

goddamn I remember when you couldn't even ADVERTISE on tv on a sunday, absolute bliss.
I think the removal of that rule sparked my obsession with avoiding ads outright for the rest of my life.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

can't haven't had

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Just got sent my 90 day notice because my benevolent landlord has decided it's more profitable to sell than to keep parasitizing off of me, get to go looking for a place to live in Auckland with an autistic 3yo cool cool cool

This is loving bullshit

klen dool
May 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

on wednesday it was my day off and school holidays so home with the kids

but fuckin busy at work so I went in from 12-6 to help out at work, leaving kids with my mum.

since it was a 6 hour shift I was due 1 x 10 min paid break and 1 x 30 min unpaid break, as per usual

I took my 10 at 2pm coz it was super busy (to be clear im talking about a pharmacy and busy af doing flu vax and covid vax on top of regular work) to minimise interruption to the workflow

and was gonna take my half hour at 4pm

but it was about 4:40 by the time there was a space in the work for me to have a break. so I did, and only took like 22 mins anyway

the manager of the overall store (but not the dispensary) noticed this and told the dispensary manager about it, and they basically told me off for taking my break too late

like WHY IN THE ACTUAL gently caress does it matter when I take my break? I came in on my day off ! I purposely took my break late to minimise the interuption to the workload

fuckin hell. im so mad about it. what purpose does micromanaging like this do apart from piss off employees? we're busy as gently caress because we can't get a technician, we are short staffed

made me instantly want to look for a new job. its pretty small as far as the grand scheme of things go, but gently caress these old school attitudes gotta die

I was gonna say "because of worksafe rules" but then I realised how they gonna know?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Do we even know how the group chat messages got out?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Just reading that article, she seems like the real life version of the strawman lefty the right are always complaining about - every criticism is racismnwalking on eggshells hoping not to say the wrong thing.

But obviously that view is coming from her probably white colleagues, and no one escapes the bias.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

carrionman posted:

Eh, being a self centered piece of poo poo crosses all cultural and racial barriers.
One of my old coworkers claimed we were racist for telling him if his students were going to be on campus for 9am he needed to be there to teach them. I poo poo you not, his reasoning was that strict schedules were an invention of white people and it was insensitive to expect him to conform against his culture. So these people do exist outside of right wing memes

I'm not so sure I disagree with your old workmate actually.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Xik posted:

Time is an integral component to how modern civilization works, you can't opt out of it and expect to interact with the rest of it.

I don't see why not, you didn't opt into it in the first place.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Xik posted:

"and interact with the rest of it" is the the important part of my post.

You can theoretically go off grid and do your thing, cottage core this poo poo up, but other than that your options are pretty limited. Even something like maintaining relationships is hard/impossible. See how long your friends and family suffer you if you never show up to your catch ups on time.

Heaps of people are perpetually late to things and flake out of obligations all the time and they drive me bananas but they seem to get along just fine.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

We very recently had heaps of renos done at our house, and I absolutely do not think builders are dumb as poo poo. They talk like they are but like I was living and working in the house while they tore it apart and out it back together and I gotta say they are loving smart.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

IDGI what do egg farmers have to do with medicine imports?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

bike tory posted:

The flu vaccine, among a bunch of others, is grown in chicken eggs.

But no I suspect OP is pointing to an example of government incompetence in one area to suggest they are incapable of managing something significantly more complex in another area.

The govts incompetence had nothing to do with the egg farming industry failing to transition away from cages. Why is it the govts responsibility to do that? I guess that's beside the point though - it's the banning of certain medicines that's the issue here

klen dool
May 7, 2007

I reckon national are gonna try and ardern willis

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Yes everyone got it right - do an ardern means swap Willis in for luxon at the last minute. I'm just guessing though, and I have no real expertise with which to base my guess on, and I absolutely share this reservation about my prediction:

Content to Hover posted:

Presumably a last minute swap. I disagree though, National are trying to appeal to people who oppose change (and women).

But I dunno, regressive govts the world over have had women in charge every now and then for 40 years. Hard to know really.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

her last name conjures visions of pirates. Chloe should consider running on a pirate platform

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Regarding melatonin you can just buy a 700 litre tub of Amazon for 17 cents, and I've done it and so have friend of mine and I've never gotten in trouble.
That said, I've started using prescription ones because they are slow release and also who knows what's in Amazon melatonin pills.

Edit: I'm not even sure they work lol

klen dool
May 7, 2007

sebmojo posted:

I heard slow release is useless for helping sleep, fwiw

That's what I was prescribed but I actually do not believe melatonin does anything because all the studies I've read are very inconclusive

klen dool
May 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

how much do they charge for melatonin

they have flyers that we use to guide prices. because of the commerce commission pharmacies cant discuss with others what prices they charge because it'd be collusion, so everyone is kind of guessing

prescriptions medicines that are unfunded is a weird game. how much should I charge for boner pills? at my pharmacy it's different for different people, because we process prescriptions in our software and it just suggests we charge people what we charged last time, and so there is a large variety in charges for the same item. I tried to raise this with my boss but she didn't really want to address it and make a flat rate. she is a good pharmacist but by gently caress does she hate the idea of change. such a rigid thought process

the place is micromanaged, and we're watched on camera and told to stop talking to people etc. I can't handle it, my self esteem is like a wet tissue, truly pathetic, and I cannot handle it for much longer. oh how I wish I had energy to look for a new job rather than just feel sad all the time. LOL

You need to get the gently caress away from that place and get a new job bud

klen dool
May 7, 2007

They did Wanaka to 40, and the first 10 minutes driving around it loving sucked then I forgot about it and got on with life and then I found myself thinking 50 was too fast. People are loving idiots (myself included) and im not so sure people should be able to make decisions on the speed limit unless your the speed limit master.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

bike tory posted:

Limits on advertising spending don't start until the 14th July so they're throwing probably literally millions at it until then.

Goddamn thats cynical. I presume all parties do it but that's just hosed

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Yeah medical professionals are in short supply what with heaps dying from covid and heaps leaving the profession because of covid and the fact that we don't make it easy or attractive to be a medical professional because we don't want to spend the money and haven't done so for decades before the pandemic except if you're cuba

klen dool
May 7, 2007

It seems like they upheld the complaint on one tiny thing, that if the science is new and not completely sorted out then you gotta let the bigots have their say or it's not balanced

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Anticheese posted:

The science is not new. This poo poo is the standard treatment for precocious puberty, and nobody screams when you pause that.

oh, I know that but it seems like the media council does not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Saros posted:

ED wait time targets are exactly the sort of things Tories introduce (and they did in the UK) which make the actual problem (not enough capacity and staff) worse because it forces redeployment to the ED and then you end out bottlenecked from moving people out of ED and all the classic scenes of people in trolleys in corridors etc.

The actual fix is increasing capacity in primary care, making primary care affordable so people don't hit up ED just because it's free or programs where at triage people get sent off immediately to an on-site GP or PCP if that's what they actually need instead of clogging up ED.

Yes but personal responsibility