Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

echinopsis posted:

I voted for act like 20ish years ago because I thought it would make a girl like me more

remember that every time you think about the youth voting

I voted for Greens for the exact same reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

bike tory posted:

Did it work for either of you?

I'm still here, aren't I

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

One of my little brothers voted ACT - basically angry at how government incompetence was loving with him at the time.

I pointed out that he was living in the Hawkes Bay, "She'll be ri- aw faaack noooo" was the unofficial provincial motto. I'unno if I managed to convince him that it was an isolated incident, though.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

If you're rostered to work a stat day, mondayised or otherwise, you get an alternative holiday (Remember to record the date precisely, Holidays Act is pretty heavy on people who take it before the 12 month aging process) and time-and-a-half for the hours you worked. That's a whole day, by the way, so if you've got 4 hours roster for one day and 12 for another, the day in lieu is technically valid for either.

(Be aware that some SME bosses know this, and might suggest you take the alt on a low-roster day to save on leave liability. Fletchers and Placemakers were pretty bad for this when I was doing their remediation)

If you're not rostered, you get the time-and-a-half, but no Alt day. If your shift goes into a stat day, you get time and a half for the hours you worked on the stat, but no alt unless the stat day is rostered. If your shift normally goes into the next day, that counts as rostered.

If you don't work stat days and you ain't rostered for them, you get poo poo. If you are rostered, you get ODP for that day and spend the rest of it... gently caress, I don't know, smoking something that wasn't able to escape the night bucket, whatever you people do.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I mean, Stuart Nash was given the oversight to unfuck the Holidays Act back in 2019 because every task force who did some digging found that it was pretty much loving impossible to be compliant with the thing.

Man said he'd do something about it. Turns out that something was to heave it into the Too-hard bin.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Does Perestroika count

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Or be alone.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Well, the delta forces involved do make it pretty impractical.

Using 'em as a study on the radioactive forces at play during interplanetary travel would also happen to yield useful (if grisly) data.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Whelp, got a mortgage pre-approved. 150k in deposit, 450k in mortgage.

Now, where's a house that's under 600k in New Zealand?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

kaiwero posted:

Come to Rotorua, we have heaps of lakes.

Didn't think the leaky home crisis was *that* bad.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Booty Pageant posted:

i saw that we're 82 yen to the nz dollar the other day, it's even better for us than precovid. i reckon we should all just move to country side japan, get a free house, etc. it's basically nz but what if we got nuked, and clearly it worked out for them

I don't think my Keigo is nearly good enough. I've been taking lessons but retention is shite.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Any engineering lads "willing to go through automotive-tier testIng and documentation"? New position just opened up.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Slavvy posted:

This in Auckland?

Ye.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Seeing a lot of contempt for the working class in this here communist utopia.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I don't really mind people owning cars nicer than mine

I am envious of people who own their own home. I can't pursue a VA hobby without a studio.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I've been thinking of shifting to Australia, but there's no use there for a guy in his 30s who only has real skill with NZ payroll.

If I get Chartered or CPA, though...

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Of the two of my mates that moved to Brisbane, both of them bought houses. And get laid on the regular.

I should've left the country in 2008, gently caress me.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

exmarx posted:

too many small businesses

Well, I'm working in one that's looking to die around about the end of May (Die faster you assholes I don't want a contract extension)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Content to Hover posted:

can't drink responsibly?

Road toll does suggest so.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Lost my (covid) virginity today.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

We have a video game industry?

Or is this just whatever laundering is being done by whoever made Bloons

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I kinda liked the Hercules tie-in Disney game, though. Solid platformer.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Didn't know there was a straight line in all of New Zealand, we put Lancre to shame.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

When was that, I've still never noticed it

I remember the helicopter, but not the car

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Wait what helicopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yLLigwYj70&t=103s

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

In fairness, a few hundred thousand ain't gonna do much in this loving market.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Pretty sure Wayne Brown's got enough kickbacks as it is

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Actually, in slightly more altruistic news, the Epsom blood donation centre's looking for Plasma volunteers to help validate this new machine they've cobbled together for next week

If I stop posting after a week, chances are it had a problem with giving embolisms during the replenish cycle.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Well, it's not like I have anything worth living for anyway.

And on the plus side, it's close enough to Greenlane that my organs will still be fresh.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I remember seeing which way the wind was blowing back when I was 16, decided to go into accounting rather than the arts so I would at least have enough time and money to work on my voice acting hobby

Then the great recession hit just as I graduated uni. Too clever by half, it seems.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Not to mention that you can't really have kids if you don't have a house to have them in.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Never getting laid, I guess.

That or blowing my brains out with a 20 gauge, but the store got suspicious when they realised I don't own or work on anything that needs birdshot clearance so I guess I'm stuck here.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Didn't know middle New Zealand was making over 120k

poo poo, my father makes less than that and he's part of the slackadaisy generation.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'll concede that Luxon's not wrong on that particular point.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

kaiwero posted:

I remember some other survey that also had people earning millions thinking they were middle class.

Well, I mean, one of the qualifiers of being middle class was owning your own house, wasn't it?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

jpparker55 posted:

I know it's not a popular opinion here but the Greens seriously need to step away from identity politics and towards broad base social welfare and environmentalism.

That "I joined the left for worker's rights and decent wages, not this loving weird-rear end poo poo" post was making the rounds on Twitter last week a fair bit.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Solus posted:

It owns that the NZ SA Discord has been taken over by a deeply mentally unwell person

Gonna need to be more specif-

Solus posted:

that doesn’t even have an SA account

-... oh.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I think a lot of Japanese were buying up land back during the bubble economy because, well, it's not like you can just make more of it.

'course, once the bubble burst that stopped pretty quick.

Either way it was before my Granddad moved us all here, so the details escape me.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Forget the cones, what about the shopping carts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

ok, "ram raid" is now a sex thing guys

Nah, it's just migrated to the cities from the rural sector.