Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Slavvy posted:

This is structurally impossible because capitalism creates inequality as a basic function of itself, you literally cannot address this stuff in a meaningful way because it isn't caused by people just magically being bigoted but whatever I'm wasting my energy with this poo poo

I agree with you, about capitalism. I still think it's good to not be racist in the meantime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Throwing my hat into the "I'm probably racist" ring but the Te Pūkenga change proposal has come out in both English and Te Reo, which is great.

Except it's not bilingual, it's Te Reo and mixed, for example one section is called Kāhui Ako/ Delivery Ako. Which means I've had to explain to some staff, who don't have English as a first language, a whole bunch of words. Which is great when they're already stressed about their future.

It also reads like a weebs translation of an anime, with random words in Te Reo then the English in brackets afterwards.
Just loving commit, provide it bilingual. This mishmash is hard as hell to read. And it's not exactly light reading to start with.

I dunno, maybe I'm just pissed off in general and this is something I'm making too much of.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

All according to whakamahere

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Slavvy posted:

Yes it does :colbert: that's why the health bar is red

Lol

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Michael Wood goneburger

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Your HP doesn't go down if you're not spending every waking moment thinking about capitalism.

i see you haven't played disco elysium

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

bike tory posted:

Michael Wood goneburger

Ffs :cripes: so much for being one of the good ones (lol)

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Frees up a safe Labour seat, I wonder if they'll give it to Camilla Belich.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Is he resigning from politics entirely, or just from Cabinet?

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

cptn_dr posted:

Is he resigning from politics entirely, or just from Cabinet?

Just Cabinet so far.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh looks like he's just resigning his portfolios but will continue on as minister for roskill

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

not to excuse anything but i'm starting to wonder if politicians having conflicts of interest are like states spying on each other. it's bad and you're not supposed to do it but everybody does it anyway, everybody knows everybody does it, and if you get caught everyone is outraged about it because they have to pretend they're not doing the same thing

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 21, 2023

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Probably hoping it blows over in time for Labour's time in opposition during the 55th Parliament.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wafflecopper posted:

not to excuse anything but i'm starting to wonder if politicians having conflicts of interest are like states spying on each other. it's bad and you're not supposed to do it but everybody does it anyway, everybody knows everybody does it, and if you get caught everyone is outraged about it because they have to pretend they're not doing the same thing

that's probably a very accurate description

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
you're allowed to have conflicts of interest, they just need to be declared and managed

andrew little's mix of portfolios doesn't give me a lot of hope for the immigration system lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

All according to whakamahere
[translator's note: whakamahere means "plan"]

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

It's almost like they have more in common with each other than with you and me, like it's some sort of categorical difference I can't put my finger on

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you're thinking of karangatanga

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Gonna have to go with Pākehā tane bad as the correct position to hold here team. Sorry to be the arbiter of truth

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

exmarx posted:

you're allowed to have conflicts of interest, they just need to be declared and managed

andrew little's mix of portfolios doesn't give me a lot of hope for the immigration system lol

that stuff never made sense to me, and I don't know how they get away with it. It's like they just pull portfolios out of a hat rather than give them to someone who might be qualified, and if they gently caress it up they just musical chairs them around a bit.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its all poo poo, all the way down.

I can't believe people still put any faith in politicians at all

voting for a party is the very essence of lesser of two evils. the very best you can hope for is a slightly sweetened version of poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"this poo poo has fewer chunks of corn than that poo poo" is literally best case scenario

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Project M.A.M.I.L. posted:

that stuff never made sense to me, and I don't know how they get away with it. It's like they just pull portfolios out of a hat rather than give them to someone who might be qualified, and if they gently caress it up they just musical chairs them around a bit.

you don't want to give portfolios to someone with qualifications as they might actually do something, and in a modern representative democracy doing anything but upholding the status quo is considered to be extremely bad

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

El Pollo Blanco posted:

you don't want to give portfolios to someone with qualifications as they might actually do something, and in a modern representative democracy doing anything but upholding the status quo is considered to be extremely bad

:smith:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
It owns that the NZ SA Discord has been taken over by a deeply mentally unwell person that doesn’t even have an SA account

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
What'd they get perma'd for?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
They’ve never had one lmao

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

yeah uhh it's not great

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Solus posted:

It owns that the NZ SA Discord has been taken over by a deeply mentally unwell person that doesn’t even have an SA account

i only occasionally check it but ive never seen whatever is going on now before. seems weird

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Solus posted:

it is entirely appropriate for a goon endeavour, that being a complete failure

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Discordhaus

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Solus posted:

Fatal look-at-me syndrome

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Don't touch the poop.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Solus posted:

It owns that the NZ SA Discord has been taken over by a deeply mentally unwell person

Gonna need to be more specif-

Solus posted:

that doesn’t even have an SA account

-... oh.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Anti has saved us

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Solus posted:

another forums W

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Now safely restored back to the deeply mentally unwell people who DO have accounts.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

El Pollo Blanco posted:

That explains why Simeon Brown is the National spokesperson for transport

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

taken over is a bit much, it was just one nights worth of meltdown which was dealt with in the morning

regardless i had a hard time not posting this every time the chat was getting spammed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
ACT proposes rules blocking contractors from claiming employee rights https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/492436/act-proposes-rules-blocking-contractors-from-claiming-employee-rights

lmao