Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

please dont post any dumb poo poo about glenn, chuds, etc itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/MebFaber/status/1634632532296867840

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I knew a guy who would buy a jug of Starbucks iced coffee and heat it up in an Ember mug because he didn't want to use the plebe coffee machine and he sure would not let anyone forget how great the Ember mug was

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

agreed. send tech bros to the countryside.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

my bony fealty posted:

I knew a guy who would buy a jug of Starbucks iced coffee and heat it up in an Ember mug because he didn't want to use the plebe coffee machine and he sure would not let anyone forget how great the Ember mug was

what the gently caress

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1634918496055459840

book it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Replace Mohammed Bin Salman with farm loans

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

my bony fealty posted:

That rules lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lumpentroll posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ChuckVacuumBeth/status/1634781787942518784

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

tech moms are bros, checks out

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

75% of cspam about to be unemployed

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we gotta collectivize the farmers and the computer guys

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my bony fealty posted:

i was exploring using an ember mug as a bottle warmer but the internet told me the heating element isnt powerful enough to heat up cold liquid, only to keep hot liquid hot. so i didnt buy the mug. it sounds cool though.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

in reality, its the exact opposite unfortunately, however kimdotcom should post more videos of himself driving a golf kart.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1634986466274312192?s=20

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I don't think any of these companies actually sell apps related to farts in any way, tbh

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1634988700701712384?s=20

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

close your eyes. now imagine a whole valley of silicon farmers.

what if their silicon stopped growing? say goodbye to computer. no more dogwalking app, either.

now open your eyes. this is real. it's happening.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

it's cool when they fail but very not cool when the government bails them out

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

You always hate it when one of the NFT guys makes a good point, but this one's good. Social media represents risks to the financial system that didn't exist when the modern regulatory framework was developed, and it's not clear how to address them. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a new attack for the Russian social media disinformation campaign. Fun times ahead.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

i was exploring using an ember mug as a bottle warmer but the internet told me the heating element isnt powerful enough to heat up cold liquid, only to keep hot liquid hot. so i didnt buy the mug. it sounds cool though.

My mom got me one for my birthday last year. Classic mom gift. It works okay I guess but the battery doesn't last very long even on medium. You have to use its charger as a coaster if you want your drink warm for more than like an hour. 2/10 unless it reminds you of your mother's love, in which case it's a solid 8.5

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
We talk a lot about fart apps but miss that the real reason a bail out won't materialize this time is because they were mostly Chinese fart apps.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

A huge chunk of six figure SV bros are also landlords. Send them to the farm.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

TheSlutPit posted:

You always hate it when one of the NFT guys makes a good point, but this one's good. Social media represents risks to the financial system that didn't exist when the modern regulatory framework was developed, and it's not clear how to address them. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a new attack for the Russian social media disinformation campaign. Fun times ahead.

Glass-Steagall beat out because it fails to account for the trolls, so you can stop asking congress to bring it back

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Last night at the bar everybody was very kind and bought me drinks and reassured me that I'm very handsome and that I could always do sex work if I can't be a computer programmer anymore

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oh sure you think it's cool to say "seize the means of production" but what if you change "seize" to "kill" and "means of production" to "poor", not so cool anymore is it??

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Last night at the bar everybody was very kind and bought me drinks and reassured me that I'm very handsome and that I could always do sex work if I can't be a computer programmer anymore

Oh no, did you think they were talking to you? This is MORTIFYING. I was sitting right next to you the whole time- they were talking to the person 2 seats down. Omg, this is so embarrassing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
https://twitter.com/tomloverro/status/1634828884456906752

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

when you think about it, laughing at a techbro bank collapse is basically the same thing as the nuremberg laws

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how are these assets not fdic insured

i was curious how the cyber-bank things would play out. i have a sofi card and use their brokerage to redeem my cash back. lol. hmm

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Smythe posted:

how are these assets not fdic insured

i was curious how the cyber-bank things would play out. i have a sofi card and use their brokerage to redeem my cash back. lol. hmm

fdic only covers up to 250k. this is a lot for a person but not for a company.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:hmmyes: v smart political theory on display here

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The definitive work is Umberto Eco's "Ur-Populism"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

fdic only covers up to 250k. this is a lot for a person but not for a company.

ahhhhhhh thnx. appears imdumb as poo poo :cheerdoge:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Smythe posted:

nah there's tons of weird finance regulation everyone's spent 20 years pretending doesn't exist or gets in the way of Innovation. like there are other deposit insurance schemes that cover past $250k apparently but this bank ignored them or actively lobbied against them

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

is it the banks responsibility to seek out that corporate deposit insurance or is that something the depositor is responsible for? i have no idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Smythe posted:

we know youre smythe