Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
rename thread to "getting laughed at by tech bros megathread"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

rename thread to "getting laughed at by tech bros megathread"

you think this is funny?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

also im starting to think ait might be a tech bro computer toucher guy

or... or maybe a project owner

AIT is a big figgy jeff bezos computer toucher

it's cannon

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

just applied for a job at bae systems

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/danprimack/status/1634960013667041280

i bet you all didnt think about the charter school workers

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

vyelkin posted:

oh so you say you don't want us to spend money on bombs? You're so anti-worker, those Raytheon employees are counting on us murdering people overseas to feed their families, you monster

transition to 100% paintball based weaponry and this will create a new industry of paint removal services in the Global South

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

i'm confident that the tech bros will soon produce a humble godfearing american who has been affected by SVB blowing up

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

So good to have leftist comrades changing the system from within!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

a bae system is just the start of a polycule. careful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i guess we all got owned instead

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al! posted:

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

im laughing with tech bros

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I will keep my head IN my dogma, thankyouverymuch

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yep thats me

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://twitter.com/danprimack/status/1634960013667041280

i bet you all didnt think about the charter school workers

lol he thinks janitors are getting paid on the 1st and 15th

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

little munchkin posted:

99% of the discourse is oligarchs putting their thumb on the scale of discourse like you said, but there's a lot of smaller startups that may get hosed over. seems like a lot of vc people insisted that startups keep their money in that bank as a condition for their funding. also just a lot of people who know a lot about mobile apps and sales pitch decks but nothing about banking risk/liability

that makes sense. not like it matters anymore thats our America

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
If, as we are constantly told on the front page of the Wall Street Journal and on CNBC, there are too many jobs and not enough laborers, then how could anyone object to a few "job creators" being bankrupted? Maybe this is what the invisible hand wanted...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

Y'all think boobs are great, but try changing "boobs" to "Hitlers".

Yeah not so great now.

Titler

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
lift yourself up by the boobstrap

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/DavidSacks/status/1634972668536717313

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1635051544931622912

👍

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

quote:

theres a whole lot of people who will continue getting paid that arent just computer touchers. security guards, janitors, cooks, etc etc. guess which of those groups would be the most likely to lose their jobs in the event every SVB customer had to take a 20% haircut on their deposits?

quote:

Regular-rear end people work there though. People work bullshit jobs all the time, and they should get paid. SV is a transfer of wealth from billionaire vampires to people with relatively little education compared to most highly paid occupations. Feel free to hate the companies but I cant get behind sacrifice the workers.

computer touching forum also understands perfectly

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

computer touching forum also understands perfectly

some of them are fine but some of these people must've been dropped on their head as children

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mila kunis posted:

some of them are fine but some of these people must've been dropped on their head as children

one of the guys you are arguing with argued that nurses should be forced to do their job during the peak of the pandemic

this was about a group of nurses who moved to a new nursing gig because it paid more

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

one of the guys you are arguing with argued that nurses should be forced to do their job during the peak of the pandemic

this was about a group of nurses who moved to a new nursing gig because it paid more

jesus christ

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
rich people get to be made whole everytime they do an oopsie. just because you dont get functioning public services doesn't mean two wrongs make a right. why are you so mad? beep boop

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

mila kunis posted:

i think this is standard policy for all children in the anglosphere

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

these motherfuckers turn to "it will hurt the working class!!!!" as soon as they get yelled at but will fire everyone as soon as they hear the word "union"

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

didn't see this coming...

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol amazing thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b posted:

lol amazing thread

its so good

quote:

lol @ nationalizing a company for giving them the money they deposited and that should have been theirs if the banks weren't run by morons who kept arguing in favor of deregulation and then getting it.

quote:

I think the people poisoned by train derailments fueled by corporate greed should just have gotten health insurance and better insurance for their houses if they wanted to be made whole. If the government or red cross helps them, then they should take ownership of their homes and possibly health once we figure out how to do that exactly.

AnimeIsTrash has issued a correction as of 16:22 on Mar 13, 2023

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225475724222

quote:

Silicon Valley Bank SVB Full-Time Box Authentic

SVB Full Time Box Authentic. Box received after getting offer letter one month before the bank blew up. Limited edition. Need to pay rent this month, please bid.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144984717528

quote:

SVB Hat and Tumbler - Silicon Valley Bank Corporate Swag

Two pieces of genuine Silicon Valley Bank corporate swag. Authentic and guaranteed to be limited edition.

Includes both a hat and a tumbler:

1. Hat- All size adult, with velcro strap, made by Port & Company

2. Tumbler- 12 fl oz, made by ETS Express

10 year treasury bonds sold separately.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

lol this guy doesn't realize what he's admitting to here

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/VividVoid_/status/1635299852891598850?t=sJs2NLfDpBRFeQlvfFTXaA&s=19

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
All those coders should learn2weld

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

All those coders should learn2weld

i'm very proficient with JOINs, thank you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mila kunis posted:

jesus christ

yeah lol

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i saw a guy in there who seemingly can't stop saying "peeps" so much that he has a marshmallow peeps av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/bigblackjacobin/status/1635449541016145921