Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Anybody else discover this gem of a travel food show on Netflix? This guy was one of the writers of Everybody Loves Raymond and now he's spending his millions making this silly show and eating amazing foods and not gaining a single pound, making ridiculous faces, dancing poorly, or cracking wholesome jokes!

The theme song is just the start of how great this show is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNqE6XCgfS8

Lets talk about our favorite moments when Phil is being fed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Uncle Phil.... he's dead.....

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i liked it when they fed phil

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i feel like i watched some of this and it was like weirdly obviously scripted even though it was pretending not to be but idk maybe i am thinking of a different show

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Wall Balls posted:

i liked it when they fed phil

spoilers, jeez

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

i feel like i watched some of this and it was like weirdly obviously scripted even though it was pretending not to be but idk maybe i am thinking of a different show

That's just how Phil rolls bro. He's a living sitcom.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

In one of my fav Phil moments he was asking a bagel maker about the secret to his bagels that made them better than NYC bagels and the guy is like "they're hand rolled, they're boiled in honey water, and baked in a wood fire oven" and Phil makes some joke about how you can fit a fist through his bagel holes vs a finger of a regular NYC bagel on count of it being hand rolled and the guy is like "no actually they're hand rolled, they're boiled in honey water, and baked in a wood fire oven"

Great Phil moment, what are yours, OPs?

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 13, 2023

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
has phil been fed yet? 5 seasons so I'm betting its happened at least once, probably twice. how many times do we need to see phil get fed? think I'll give this one a pass.....

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This show rules and I appreciate op bringing it to the masses

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
It's a good show with good food but his descriptions of the food range from "mmmn" [wide eyes head nod] to "this is great!" [while pulling the plate towards himself]

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

egg_dog posted:

It's a good show with good food but his descriptions of the food range from "mmmn" [wide eyes head nod] to "this is great!" [while pulling the plate towards himself]

It's loosely based on the food. It's mostly about Phil.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.
I saw one episode of this (I think he was in Maine), and I didn't really get it. Phil kind of got on my nerves.

BeastOfTheEdelwood fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 13, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sorry op. I have a deep and personal hatred of anyone ever involved with Everybody Loves Raymond so I shan’t be watching this. I may watch if he ever eats something distasteful, but only to chuckle with glee at his discomfort.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

His dad woulda posted in the egg thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Sorry op. I have a deep and personal hatred of anyone ever involved with Everybody Loves Raymond so I shan’t be watching this. I may watch if he ever eats something distasteful, but only to chuckle with glee at his discomfort.

I'll be honest I've never sat through a full eppies of ELR and I just do my Ray impression ("Oh Debra") and his brother ("Hey Raymond" very deep) impressions when it comes up

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Who knew Bam came up with the name of the show. Wow!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

egg_dog posted:

Yeah, it's super wholesome.

BeastOfTheEdelwood posted:

I saw one episode of this (I think he was in Maine), and I didn't really get it. Phil kind of got on my nerves.

But also this.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It takes awhile for Phil to grow on you, I'll give you that. But he will.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Smugworth posted:

I'll be honest I've never sat through a full eppies of ELR and I just do my Ray impression ("Oh Debra") and his brother ("Hey Raymond" very deep) impressions when it comes up

Raymond’s wife is an insufferable hag and then, in real life, is a right-wing crackpot. But The Middle is ok, saved by Dr. Jan Itor.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
phuck that guy

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My wife thought "Debra" must have gotten nicer for her appearance on SFP, we'rr aware of her rep

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Wish I could make my own long-running syndicated sitcom so people would feed me

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
why is a person who worked on Everybody Loves Raymond rewarded? they should be punished.

society is backwards and hosed up

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

why is a person who worked on Everybody Loves Raymond rewarded? they should be punished.

society is backwards and hosed up

Been saying this

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is Exporting Raymond any good? I know exporting Russia is controversial.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Smugworth posted:

But he will.

No, he Phil.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
This guy's kinda like discount Guy Fieri so he's ok in my book.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

JustFollowingOrder posted:

now that's a phil I would feed (tm)

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
This is like if some guy I never met's dad had a eat and travel show and they guy i never met showed me the show on his phone as I'm walking along somewhere and I'm like no dude please thank you i don't care about another guy that likes everything he is served all the time leave me alone.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty low quality travel/eating show. Lots of better stuff on youtube. And for TV/streaming all of the Bourdain stuff blows this away.

Sorry about your taste in food shows, OP.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Big time fan of this Phil :swoon:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Don't go away hungry now, eat your Phil

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Phil 'er up!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Leper Go-getter posted:

This is like if some guy I never met's dad had a eat and travel show and they guy i never met showed me the show on his phone as I'm walking along somewhere and I'm like no dude please thank you i don't care about another guy that likes everything he is served all the time leave me alone.

Waltzing Along posted:

Pretty low quality travel/eating show. Lots of better stuff on youtube. And for TV/streaming all of the Bourdain stuff blows this away.

Sorry about your taste in food shows, OP.

Smugworth posted:

It's loosely based on the food. It's mostly about Phil.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My parents watch this show. Last time I visited, Season 6 had been released released. My Dad explained that the show had "jumped the shark" and "was no longer very good". Seemed pretty much the same to me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.
I imagine the pitch for this show went something like this: Imagine if we took an Anthony Bourdain style travel show, but replaced Anthony Bourdain with the biggest dork anyone could possibly imagine.