Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

anime was right posted:

yellen degenerates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Willa Rogers posted:

also :respek: with parental alky chat bc after my dad managed to go sober for an entire year he cited the medical journals saying one glass of red wine each day was good for you* & found the world's largest wine glass before he stopped caring how much he drank again.

*now disproven but try convincing alkies

my pops did the same thing after taking a few years off

Makes me sticking to laying off the booze easier knowing the slide is probably there.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

I swear the minute the temp goes above 70F I switch from wine to beer.

also :respek: with parental alky chat bc after my dad managed to go sober for an entire year he cited the medical journals saying one glass of red wine each day was good for you* & found the world's largest wine glass before he stopped caring how much he drank again.

Ah, the Ögedei Khan maneuver

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Biplane posted:

Why dont alcoholics do other, better drugs

Denying the addiction and the harm is a lot easier when your substance is legal and normalized. You're always "relaxing"

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

:wtc: 3 percent abv like you're buying your beer at a state liquor store in iowa or something.

8.5 abv like the new belgium trippel I'm drinking rn or gtfo.

3% beer rules when you wanna drink ten beer

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Im glad that doordash can work on skimming even from orders you place for pickup.

just got this dumbass advertisement straight to my email

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

what's next? doordash for in-house dining?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh no. Not Doordash

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
soon, before even eating you must tithe to doordash

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Willa Rogers posted:

:wtc: 3 percent abv like you're buying your beer at a state liquor store in iowa or something.

8.5 abv like the new belgium trippel I'm drinking rn or gtfo.

Willa is right again

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Biplane posted:

Why dont alcoholics do other, better drugs

are there drugs that are comparable?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

silicone thrills posted:

Im glad that doordash can work on skimming even from orders you place for pickup.

just got this dumbass advertisement straight to my email

doordash has been doing this for like at least 5 years

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

3% beer rules when you wanna drink ten beer

I prefer bang for the buck (aka abv) calorie-wise.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Hardcore stoners are way more annoying than alcoholics from a roommate perspective

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

anime was right posted:

doordash has been doing this for like at least 5 years

I had no idea idea. Never gotten an ad for it but then again I dont use meal delivery services period so i was just like what the gently caress. Just call the restaurant directly to order and pickup.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Fuligin posted:

Hardcore stoners are way more annoying than alcoholics from a roommate perspective

a stoner has never vomited on my couch and poo poo themselves

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Red Baron posted:

skill issue

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the inebriated control our world

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa doesn’t have state liquor stores we have giant beer caves in our gas stations and grocery stores because we learned from Wisconsin.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Red Baron posted:

Fair but that concentrated instance of grossness is counter balanced by a slowly expanding zerg creep of smell and ash and food containers

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fuligin posted:

None of my stoner friends have ever pissed into my laundry basket or fell into the shower yelling for help after they locked themselves into the bathroom, leaving everyone to have to pick the door lock and then get in there only to have them start spraying everyone with the shower then puke up cranberry cocktail everywhere.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Iowa doesn’t have state liquor stores we have giant beer caves in our gas stations and grocery stores because we learned from Wisconsin.

yeah, I was olds-posting from 197x.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

silicone thrills posted:

None of my stoner friends have ever pissed into my laundry basket or fell into the shower yelling for help after they locked themselves into the bathroom, leaving everyone to have to pick the door lock and then get in there only to have them start spraying everyone with the shower then puke up cranberry cocktail everywhere.

stories you can smell

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

I had no idea idea. Never gotten an ad for it but then again I dont use meal delivery services period so i was just like what the gently caress. Just call the restaurant directly to order and pickup.

Before Covid it was more common for places to not have bothered to figure out how to set up an online ordering system for pickup and so the food delivery apps took advantage

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thoguh posted:

That's right.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DellAnnaLuca/status/1781216485244825997

which books were cooked? all of them.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
doing my part tonight by going after about a bottle and a half of red wine and some Detroit style pizza

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

:ssh: All the big CPA firms have cheating scandals all the time and it rotates every few months between which one the PCAOB, UK regulator, etc. slaps with minor fines/suspends some guys for a few years. Nothing's going to happen to any of them for this poo poo, especially when stuff like EY co-conspiring with Wirecard to cover up wire fraud (:haw:) and money laundering is not resulting in consequences, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Abner Assington posted:

doing my part tonight by going after about a bottle and a half of red wine and some Detroit style pizza

god i love detroit style. No place around here does it afaik