Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

fits my needs posted:

so like, i somehow got an unannounced 27.7% raise a month ago and no ones said anything about it?
like, my boss hasnt said anything and usually the raises are like 2-3% a year? did someone at HR gently caress up the decimal?

HR goons?

Here is what you do:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

Oh no, the parasitic hell nation is reaping what it's been sowing for decades! Anyway...

enjoy losing every election lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh no. Not the elections. gently caress

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

still less than inflation, you should demand more

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Shipon posted:

enjoy losing every election lol

Oh no, Jack Johnson lost to John Jackson! Moving on...

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

i love that this is basically the dril candles meme,

if housing wasn't destroying people's budgets they could happily spend hundreds of dollars a month on pointless luxuries

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Vote.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

if his rent was $3000, then he’d have $24,000 to spend on anything else

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Consolidated Ed posted:

lol middle management, nailed it

:science:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Look at oil go

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Scarabrae posted:

not sure why this was probed worthy

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/1781128420560126298

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

I'm noticing a connection between dumbass idiot loving parasite landlords and the myth of the meritocracy where any failings in your life are because you just let them happen

Not sure why all of these high salary leeches with property seem to have developed the same general tone of their dumbass ignorant bitch opinions, maybe it's a coincidence and gaining wealth doesn't make you think that you earned it therefore everyone has what they deserve.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Shipon posted:

Nagle's point is that "treating migrants humanely" is tantamount to letting the country be flooded with surplus labor that will destroy the domestic working class. Yeah no poo poo people are going to push back against that. It's bad enough that there's a housing shortage in most American cities as it stands, while no one wants to build an adequate supply necessary to match the population growth.

Declaring migrants illegal while letting businesses exploit them by violating the laws is the worst of both worlds and not what Nagle is proposing. Hell, you just admitted it yourself - you don't like her method of cracking down on businesses trying to exploit under the table migrants. Failing that, all you have is the option of accepting mass migrants which has the inevitable impact of suppressing wages and degrading quality of life here. Not a very popular stance electorally

Lmao housing shortage dummy there's more empty houses than homeless people

Building more houses just lol

Apr 7, 2003

Hell yeah, love me some war

Apr 7, 2003

If you quit drinking because you wanted to live longer, well,

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Hell yeah, love me some war

That is unironcally why Thorn posted it. He loves genocide and war.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
war is good for the economy

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Got a hot commodity tip about the next quinoa:

https://twitter.com/BillGates/status/1780674512318820408

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

bill gates confirmed bird

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

how are you paying $5k in rent and affording any of that other poo poo on 120k a year lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ok, y'all: I ran into a tipping-culture issue tonight & need feedback.

Four of us went to a place with a happy hour and got half-price wine & 2-for-1 pizzas. When we got the bill (on paper, not a tablet), the totals said something like:

REGULAR PRICE: $127
DISCOUNTS: -$46
TOTAL PRICE: $81

I thought it was a strange way to itemize but I was put in charge of figuring out the split so I said $25 each, including tip.

Later when I got home I wondered if they broke out the discount bc they expected us to tip on the pre-discount total, not the net total.

Are We The Assholes?

Apr 7, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

Ok, y'all: I ran into a tipping-culture issue tonight & need feedback.

Four of us went to a place with a happy hour and got half-price wine & 2-for-1 pizzas. When we got the bill (on paper, not a tablet), the totals said something like:

REGULAR PRICE: $127
DISCOUNTS: -$46
TOTAL PRICE: $81

I thought it was a strange way to itemize but I was put in charge of figuring out the split so I said $25 each, including tip.

Later when I got home I wondered if they broke out the discount bc they expected us to tip on the pre-discount total, not the net total.

Are We The Assholes?

Yeah, they expected you to tip on the pre-discount amount. Also they should tell you this up front

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Xaris posted:

war is good for the economy

Maybe they should make war on the, freaking economy!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Willa Rogers posted:

Are We The Assholes?
if it's an in-store house-ran discount, it could just be how their accounting/billing system is setup and to track discounted costs. it's fine

it actually was a real gnarly issue back in the day when Groupons (lmao remember groupon??? lol they hosed themselves up) and poo poo were a big thing, computer touchers would go in with big groupon discounts and then stiff the staff big time because they paid $100 for a $120 restaurant coupon and now their bill is "only" $20 giving the staff a 2 buck tip on an 2-hour-long 8-person dinner.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

post hole digger posted:

how are you paying $5k in rent and affording any of that other poo poo on 120k a year lol

DINK with no debt presumably

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
ww3 soon

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

fits my needs posted:

so like, i somehow got an unannounced 27.7% raise a month ago and no ones said anything about it?
like, my boss hasnt said anything and usually the raises are like 2-3% a year? did someone at HR gently caress up the decimal?

HR goons?

someone definitely messed up. you can forward me the new checks and ill make sure they're readjusted properly.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
I recently found out about a new-to-me, stupid feature of American healthcare (because capitalism is garbage): authorized generics.

So, everybody knows that after a while, drug patents expire, so other companies start making them and in theory poo poo gets cheaper.

Well, authorized generics are when the original drug company with the patent takes product off the manufacturing line, slaps a different company label on it, and sells it for less. Also, you can't use manufacturer's coupons, so they might actually cost more to the patient than the original brand name's poo poo depending on how your insurance works.

This is all so stupid.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

err posted:

ww3 soon

Apr 7, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

I recently found out about a new-to-me, stupid feature of American healthcare (because capitalism is garbage): authorized generics.

So, everybody knows that after a while, drug patents expire, so other companies start making them and in theory poo poo gets cheaper.

Well, authorized generics are when the original drug company with the patent takes product off the manufacturing line, slaps a different company label on it, and sells it for less. Also, you can't use manufacturer's coupons, so they might actually cost more to the patient than the original brand name's poo poo depending on how your insurance works.

This is all so stupid.

Just wait until you hear about insurer drug rebates

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

post hole digger posted:

it is the ancestral power of the much ballyhoo’ed “R-stars”

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

bill gates confirmed bird

rare irl lol

maybe just the tension from wwiii though

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I’ve recently become fascinated by an ancient family of hairstyles called mullets.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Xaris posted:

if it's an in-store house-ran discount, it could just be how their accounting/billing system is setup and to track discounted costs. it's fine

it actually was a real gnarly issue back in the day when Groupons (lmao remember groupon??? lol they hosed themselves up) and poo poo were a big thing, computer touchers would go in with big groupon discounts and then stiff the staff big time because they paid $100 for a $120 restaurant coupon and now their bill is "only" $20 giving the staff a 2 buck tip on an 2-hour-long 8-person dinner.

There's a program around where I live that has deals with restaurants to give their members BOGO entrees for dine-in. It's a paid membership thing, but back in the days before COVID, I used to use it pretty regularly to go out to eat with a friend since we'd essentially be getting half off at any of the participating restaurants for our entrees and it saved us a shitload of money.

The thing is, they actually ask restaurants to report back on what people tipped and will ban them for not tipping at least 18% on the original amount. So, every time I went someplace and used it, the staff was always pretty upbeat about it. They knew they'd be getting a decent tip.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Look at oil go

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
millet is delicious and versatile. you can cook it like rice, toast it and add it to yogurt, mix it with suet and make seed bells...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BLOOD (actual)

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Lmao housing shortage dummy there's more empty houses than homeless people

Building more houses just lol

There's a good argument to be made that actually "a 1950s double-wide whose design lifespan ended in 1972, planted and it'll shake itself apart if you try to move it in an area that has been blighted since when the factories nearby picked up and moved to the new hotness of Cincinnati" is not actually useful housing.

Doesn't make new construction for the hell of it, no other restrictions in fact remove all the other restrictions, a good idea, but flat "there are empty house fill them" works out just as dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Just wait until you hear about insurer drug rebates

Oh, that bullshit I already know about. It should be illegal, but there's like no chance of our government doing anything about it.