Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

PoundSand posted:

I seem to have made a grievous error.

it's alright, Smythe also has a mid to late 200X model econobox wife and he's doing fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbus
May 18, 2004

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Xaris posted:

this

also hearty lol reminder that chipootle (and probably most places) give you less food if you order online/gig than inperson, which is good imo. shorting those appers and gig delivery consumers is praxis.

no, praxis is not eating any capitalist food ever

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i learned something really funny about AI today: someone i know has the exact same name as a royal family member (not like, THE royal family, but like Up There). like people write news articles about this royal family member and poo poo. the person i know married a semi-famous musician with like a full-on wikipedia page and poo poo, now the AI thinks that the royal family member and this musician got married and is printing articles about it and poo poo.

like somehow a descendant of a european noble got married to a loving hippie guitarist in atlanta, for some reason

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My wife is a well-appointed minivan

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
no one cares about your wife

Apr 7, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

no one cares about your wife

I'm going to tell her you said that, and when she cries you're going to feel like a real rear end in a top hat

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

all wives matter

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nonsense posted:

I would sign into my app, and then it would sign me out immediately

When I called, the service guy put me on hold and kept checking in on me until i hung up lol

Why haven't you swapped to a credit union?

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife is a well-appointed minivan

Is that why your wife demanded that you buy a new house?

Apr 7, 2003

Joey Steel posted:

Is that why your wife demanded that you buy a new house?

When did she demand that

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

TSMC’s debacle in the American desert: Missed deadlines and tension among Taiwanese and American coworkers are plaguing the chip giant’s Phoenix expansion

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

no, praxis is not eating any capitalist food ever

hell yeah

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

it's alright, Smythe also has a mid to late 200X model econobox wife and he's doing fine

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Xaris posted:

this

also hearty lol reminder that chipootle (and probably most places) give you less food if you order online/gig than inperson, which is good imo. shorting those appers and gig delivery consumers is praxis.

do I want to know what this spreadsheet is lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

im guessing its weight of the burrito

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mandel Brotset posted:

do I want to know what this spreadsheet is lol
someone logged your diet for you.

Apr 7, 2003

When you chart out the precipitous drop in what you get vs what you're paying but you never decide to just stop buying the lovely product

Apr 7, 2003

I would just stop buying the lovely burrito but that's just me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

When you chart out the precipitous drop in what you get vs what you're paying but you never decide to just stop buying the lovely product

americans will never give up

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

100k and I paid off medical debt. I make 60k now. Vs them buying a house in San Diego, paying double payments every months, and bragging they can buy a new car with cash. These things are exactly the same.

money.

in the.

bag.

capisce?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

PoundSand posted:

You're thinking of a different poster lol I don't live in san diego and replacing my wife's versa would be like 20k we're not talking a fortune here, less than 3 years of the average modern car payment. Which is why I was replying to someone who's spouse was jonesin for a new ride as it seems insane to me to do that just willy nilly like getting a new shirt.

you have like 20k on hand. average american has lile 400 on hand.

money.

in the.

bag.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Dixon Chisholm posted:

salami.

in the.

bag.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i might be mixing up my goons but isn't flapyojacks the guy that's moving to italy?
a hundred grand in USD is probably the equivalent of a million there

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

you seem to mix up everything seeing as your a giant R

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xEGQNkVpV8

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
You're*

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

PoundSand posted:

I seem to have made a grievous error.

yeah, youre going around flashing your roll of bills like an easy mark.

PoundSand posted:

I could afford a new car in cash tomorrow if I felt like it, but it just seems like a waste of money.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Dixon Chisholm posted:

you have like 20k on hand. average american has lile 400 on hand.

money.

in the.

bag.

what about the median american

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the average person in the us has like $50 in savings lol at saying you can buy a new in cash as if its nothing

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

PoundSand posted:

what about the median american

:sam:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I would just stop buying the lovely burrito but that's just me

then the terrorists win. sounds like you're one of them huh :toughguy:

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

HallelujahLee posted:

the average person in the us has like $50 in savings lol at saying you can buy a new in cash as if its nothing

There's debates here about whether low 6 figs is a livable salary so I know I'm not even tickling the balls of leftist goon wealth by having low 5 figs saved as a rainy day fund.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its ok thread is full of landlords and hr turds

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i have the most leftist amount of money in savings and also the most leftist annual income each year. ;)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Alright it's time to stop posting about your figgies or take it to YOSPOS

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

humblebragging about how your meme stock popped to the tune of one hundred thousand American dollars and then giving someone poo poo because they can afford the outrageous expense of "buying a car" is hilarious

also the San Diego house guy was someone else entirely

i dont think rivian was a meme stock. i think its cars were cool lol. and the new one is even cooler. i think its dying though, which is bad, i think? is the company bad? the cars seemed good. expensive sure, and big, and trucks, not for me - but better than many!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

colosseum tickets were free and their equivalent of the tshirt cannon/fan lottery had cash, precious metals, and human/animal chattel prizes.

drat that must have owned

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

i also have a mid 2000s econobox car! a 2005 scion xa in fact, and its good!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

i dont think rivian was a meme stock. i think its cars were cool lol. and the new one is even cooler. i think its dying though, which is bad, i think? is the company bad? the cars seemed good. expensive sure, and big, and trucks, not for me - but better than many!

I called it a meme stock because it's dying but people still randomly mention that they want to buy it, or have apparently risked amounts equal to their annual income on it. I don't know much about the company beyond that they lose like a hundred grand on every vehicle they sell.