Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I would just stop buying the lovely burrito but that's just me

:mods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

When you chart out the precipitous drop in what you get vs what you're paying but you never decide to just stop buying the lovely product

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/1c9lu2z/give_me_my_order/

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

I called it a meme stock because it's dying but people still randomly mention that they want to buy it, or have apparently risked amounts equal to their annual income on it. I don't know much about the company beyond that they lose like a hundred grand on every vehicle they sell.

l@@k!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

drat that must have owned

imagining coming home from a basketball game with a brand new slave

i bet that's what it feels like to win one of those mall cars

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Alright it's time to stop posting about your figgies or take it to YOSPOS

what if it's 0 figgies

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

triple sulk posted:

what if it's 0 figgies

thats the most YOSPOS. infinite growth! infinite projected revenue! that clip from Silicon Valley!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the most yospos remains "1.5 figgies"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the most yospos remains "1.5 figgies"

i thought it was six and a half figgies

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

triple sulk posted:

i thought it was six and a half figgies

trap sprung

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Smythe posted:

drat that must have owned

imagine having to immediately leave a baseball game because you got a free hat because someone is gonna shank you for it.

dumbos could have just opened a line of credit instead to get a free hat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

this rules

Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

i dont think rivian was a meme stock. i think its cars were cool lol. and the new one is even cooler. i think its dying though, which is bad, i think? is the company bad? the cars seemed good. expensive sure, and big, and trucks, not for me - but better than many!

Rivian actually made a useful product. That's why they failed.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Rivian was absolutely a meme stonk and it was for all the posters on wallstreetbets that missed out on the previous winners, got jealous, and settled on a huge loser.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rivian actually made a useful product. That's why they failed.

starting a car company from the ground up is insanely difficult, especially if you're doing EVs and Tesla is dominating 99% of the media coverage/conversation/etc. around that product. im surprised theyve survived this long after the end of ZIRP frankly

it also drives me a bit nuts to see a company do EVs, a nominally environmentally-friendly product, and then poo poo out some big honking SUV that is probably roughly as environmentally destructive as a humble compact gas car. but that's just America I guess, probably no way you can compete with Toyota etc. on actually efficient/useful vehicles

Apr 7, 2003

Also Toyota is ignoring their history of being somewhat responsible to pump out giant turds because that's what the American auto industry has told customers they want and that's what the American auto industry has paid the legislature to encourage, so that's what we get. That's really infuriating. Companies that know better and can do better are adapting to our lovely market because they have to.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

PoundSand posted:

There's debates here about whether low 6 figs is a livable salary so I know I'm not even tickling the balls of leftist goon wealth by having low 5 figs saved as a rainy day fund.

I was made fun of last time this came up, but I thought you were supposed to save like 10% of your paycheque, so.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I wish I had a bunch of money so I could buy a cool 800 thousand dollar house

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Also Toyota is ignoring their history of being somewhat responsible to pump out giant turds because that's what the American auto industry has told customers they want and that's what the American auto industry has paid the legislature to encourage, so that's what we get. That's really infuriating. Companies that know better and can do better are adapting to our lovely market because they have to.

always a bummer to see the huge brodozer tailgating me is a tacoma lol

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

mistermojo posted:

I wish I had a bunch of money so I could buy a cool 800 thousand dollar house

800 thousand?

lowers sunglasses

thats almost 7 figgys. R-starred.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I was made fun of last time this came up, but I thought you were supposed to save like 10% of your paycheque, so.

I imagine if you can save 10% of your salary you're doing better than half of the "middle" class.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

PoundSand posted:

what about the median american

the median is a type of average

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Sure, just remember that this is in the same category as rules saying that a median American household is currently nowhere near being able to "responsibly" afford the median American car or median American home. Like, ever.

These kinds of Dave Ramsey-esque financial rules of thumb have always been intentionally designed to be on the very edge of being technically achievable but practically unlikely for average families. They sit in that sweet spot where poor people can say "maybe I can do it!" and rich people can say "those dumb poors can do it if they just try harder!" But we're so far through the looking glass now that they're just completely nonsensical for anything like a median household.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i put some amount of my paycheck into calsavers automatically. idk how much, i think it was the default when the accountant guy set it up. as it should be.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
idk how much money or debt i have. debt s much bigger now than it was when i paid it off during roni however. this month i was thinking drat im flush but then i realized i forgot to pay rent o_o. ding $60 fee farewell

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

post hole digger posted:

i have the most leftist amount of money in savings and also the most leftist annual income each year. ;)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

starting a [ x ] from the ground up is insanely difficult, especially

basically anything manufacturing is impossible to do nowadays. this is part of why the hype around Tesla has gotten as insane as it was around 2018-2022

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Smythe posted:

i dont think rivian was a meme stock. i think its cars were cool lol. and the new one is even cooler. i think its dying though, which is bad, i think? is the company bad? the cars seemed good. expensive sure, and big, and trucks, not for me - but better than many!

wasn’t ford going to do something with them right up until the day before their ipo

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

:hmmyes:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

did rivian die

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Der Meister posted:

did rivian die

not yet

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Der Meister posted:

did rivian die

the cars are supposed to be very unreliable so yes if you've got one it's a good chance it won't turn on tomorrow

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
job related social media staying healthy, balanced, lean

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
best you can hope for on linkedin i guess lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

PoundSand posted:

what about the median american

there are none, only XL ones :xd:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

sonatinas posted:

only the plastic film remains now. the current tray I don’t think is plastic anymore?

but yes I am due for a colonoscopy at my next physical.

Maybe PFAS-lined then? Something must keep the contents and cardboard apart from each other.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

my wife is a 2004 corolla with a big spacious boot that can easily fit two goats and a bale of straw