Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Vox Nihili posted:

let's all get polearms and go conquer Luxembourg

I call billhook

Naginata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

PoundSand posted:

this is a shame cause cooking while high is incredibly fun.

:hmmyes:

my entire cooking journey has been fueled by stoned questions and pondering my spice rack

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

thalweg posted:

Deadly poison on a kryss :twisted:

too evil =D

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

spices are a crutch. never use them unless your base ingredients are rotten and you need to cover it up.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cool av posted:

spices are a crutch. never use them unless your base ingredients are rotten and you need to cover it up.
yup. oil and salt too. if it's any good you can eat it as the Lord made it.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

what happened?

Leeched all the minerals out of the fishes bodies. Belly up.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the popes toes posted:

Leeched all the minerals out of the fishes bodies. Belly up.

jeez that's terrible :(

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Vox Nihili posted:

What are they going to do, raise their target rate to 0.2%?

Japan could sell some of the USD it holds in its foreign currency reserve.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

cool av posted:

mom please stop posting

and cooking

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

cool av posted:

the whitest quotes you know

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

cool av posted:

this is true and also if you think you need spices just put ketchup on it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

blatman posted:

this is true and also if you think you need spices just put ketchup on it

there are a lot of great lines in midnight express but this one is one of the most memorable

quote:

Billy Hayes: Where are you stayin'?
Mr. Hayes: The Hilton.
Billy Hayes: How do you like it? Istanbul?
Mr. Hayes: An interesting place. I tell you the truth I think the food is lousy. The crap they sell in these little restaurants. I had to run to the toilet. You should've seen the toilet. Anyway, I'm not taking any more chances. I'm going to eat at the Hilton, every night, with steak and French fries and lots of ketchup.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What happened to the tweet about the Australian Alpha guy who lets somebody gently caress his wife because he's outsourcing the same way Elon Bezos and Musk outsource tasks

it was right here!

Praise God Found It

https://twitter.com/WeedMubarak/status/1783948045975273943

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 00:25 on Apr 27, 2024

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

mawarannahr posted:

it's deadly to the eyes too. As distilled water is very hypotonic, has 0 osmolality, and has no protective ion composition, buffering capacity, or antioxidant properties for intraocular tissues, unlike aqueous humor or BSS, intraocular infusion of distilled water may damage intraocular tissues, including the corneal endothelium and the iris tissues. Intraocular infusion of distilled water may also affect the lens of a phakic eye. There have been a few cases of accidental injection of distilled water into the anterior chamber during various surgical procedures such as refractive surgeries or cataract surgeries where it resulted in reversible cataract and corneal edema.[2,3] Some cases have been reported wherein the accidental injection of distilled water into the AC resulted in corneal edema postoperatively, which was managed with topical steroids.[2,4]

dont understand this

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

dont understand this

skill issue

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Can't wait to have a refreshing glass of iced distilled water next time I'm ready to cool off

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

dont understand this

Never put salt in your eyes, but the opposite

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Then explain tears smart guy

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/Reuters/status/1784006526262296746

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

apt lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

hosed up goblin rear end woman

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

overcapacity is such a stupid concept.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

ArmedZombie posted:

Rentsought

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

time to bomb some factories

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China is demanding Nordstream be investigated lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

you gotta pay the troll toll to get into this country's hole

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nonsense posted:

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Nonsense posted:

China has run out of patience

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

ArmedZombie posted:

Can someone explain it to me, a dummy who has never encountered the term before?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

China has run out of patience

they don't really deserve full credit for responding at a meeting called by someone else

United Nations Has No Added Details on Nord Stream Explosions, Security Council Hears, as Members Underscore Need to Protect Critical Infrastructure

press.un.org posted:

Nineteen months on, the United Nations is not in a position to verify claims or reports made regarding attacks on the Nord Stream gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea, two senior officials told the Security Council today, as many delegates — while condemning attacks against civilian infrastructure and calling for accountability — cautioned that any politicization or speculation on this case is detrimental to revealing the truth.

Miroslav Jenča, Assistant Secretary-General for Europe, Central Asia and Americas, Departments of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs and Peace Operations, underscored that the UN has no additional details beyond publicly available information about the destruction of the Nord Stream gas pipelines in September 2022 and is not in a position to verify or confirm claims or reports made regarding the incident.

According to investigations conducted by Danish, German and Swedish authorities, leaks in the pipelines were caused by the use of explosives.  In February, Danish and Swedish authorities informed the Council about the closure of their respective investigations.  While stating that any intentional damage to critical civilian infrastructure should be condemned and investigated, he urged all actors to exercise restraint and await the conclusion of the remaining investigation.

Similarly, China’s delegate pointed out that the Swedish and Danish investigations have established no truth regarding this severe incident that undermined transnational energy infrastructure, with only scant information offered.  “One can’t help but suspect a hidden agenda behind the opposition to an international investigation,” he added.

Statements

The representative of the Russian Federation said that the destruction of the Nord Stream gas pipelines — condemned by all Council members — constitutes a direct threat to international peace and security.  The use of explosive devices to target pipelines at the bottom of the sea — valued at $17 billion — resulted in both critical damage to Nord Stream and severe environmental and navigational consequences.  On national investigations conducted by Germany, Denmark and Sweden, he said that — given their refusal to cooperate with Moscow — “we were sceptical”. Instead of supporting Moscow’s initiative to establish an independent international commission to investigate the incident under UN auspices, Western Council members disseminated empty letters. Despite recognizing that the pipelines were deliberately destroyed with explosives, they insisted that there were no grounds for continuing investigations.

The representative of China expressed regret that it has been more than 18 months with no conclusion reached. The explosion of the Nord Stream pipelines was a serious incident that undermined transnational energy infrastructure, he said, recalling that China and others have called for an objective, impartial and professional investigation to find out the truth as soon as possible and bring the perpetrators to justice.  Regarding the Swedish and Danish investigations, he noted that no truth has been established, with only scant information offered. “One can’t help but suspect a hidden agenda behind the opposition to an international investigation,” he added.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Can someone explain it to me, a dummy who has never encountered the term before?

factories too powerful, producing too much!!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

certain goods should never suffer cratering prices

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

dont understand this

distilled water doesn't have the things eyes crave

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

SlimGoodbody posted:

American industry has min-maxed production capacity and sale price points on a number of goods like EVs and solar panels for maximum fleecing of their customers, such that chinese industry will completely eat their lunch in international markets by coming in with their similar or better quality products at lower prices. There'd be no reason to buy american, at all.

So the US has to spin something up to pretend China subsidizing green industry production capacity expansion is bad.

And it is bad, just solely for US moneyed interests.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bagual posted:

American industry has min-maxed production capacity and sale price points on a number of goods like EVs and solar panels for maximum fleecing of their customers, such that chinese industry will completely eat their lunch in international markets by coming in with their similar or better quality products at lower prices. There'd be no reason to buy american, at all.

So the US has to spin something up to pretend China subsidizing green industry production capacity expansion is bad.

Chinese manufacturing puts out exactly what us-based companies pay for

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

bagual posted:

SlimGoodbody has received 9 Jokerfication damage

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Mustached Demon posted:

Chinese manufacturing puts out exactly what us-based companies pay for

Yeah that's one of those things I try to catch myself on. I mentioned an anecdote earlier itt where I was shopping for a bottle opener on amazon and they p much all were "made in the sample place, with the same materials, to the same standards" and that wasn't a dig about them being cheap chinese garbage but simply that the brands that were selling them were outsourcing them for bottom dollars. I'd have no issue with a well made chinese whatever tool, but that's not what kitchenaid etc is requesting.

There's nothing stopping chinese factories from producing high grade components, they surely must already do this for important applications at home (nuclear/medical/etc), but US brands looking to cut costs by essentially dropshipping detritus with their label on it aren't paying for quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ArmedZombie posted:

Imagine thinking your country’s government gets to control the economy and production of entirely different sovereign country lol.