Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

skooma512 posted:

Imagine thinking your country’s government gets to control the economy and production of entirely different sovereign country lol.

I know, it's nearly impossible for me to thought-experiment myself into that worldview but millions of people literally believe that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

skooma512 posted:

Imagine thinking your country’s government gets to control the economy and production of entirely different sovereign country lol.

America is the country of “markets are for thee, not for me.” It tracks pretty much perfectly.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

slave to my cravings posted:

hosed up goblin rear end woman

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

HallelujahLee posted:

shes yellen but no ones listenin

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

palindrome posted:

I know, it's nearly impossible for me to thought-experiment myself into that worldview but millions of people literally believe that
If you live in a demonic country that dictates what everybody else gets to do (and is forced to do) at gunpoint for your entire life, you come to believe that is the natural order of things

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ArmedZombie posted:

overcapacity is such a stupid concept.

especially when the same american officials turn around and talk about how the world needs to 1000x their production of renewables, EVs, etc as the only hope to climate change.

then they demand china stop when they're the only country that takes poo poo serious. of course there's "overcapacity" in the chinese automotive sector, they're planning on shutting down their entire ICE vehicle manufacturing industry within a decade.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

She is 77 years old

Why is she in charge of managing the future of this country

Someone born THREE DECADES LATER would still be more than halfway towards retirement

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Biden or whoever: This isn't a command economy, we can't order the production of clean baby formula/artillery shells/housing
Also Biden and whoever: We will set production quotas for literally the world economy.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

skooma512 posted:

Biden or whoever: This isn't a command economy, we can't order the production of clean baby formula/artillery shells/housing
Also Biden and whoever: We will set production quotas for literally the world economy.

We’ve made historic investments in rebuilding the country with these computer chips. I was just — I was just — had an — did a major event up in Syracuse, where the landmark preliminary agreement between my administration and Micron, a microchip manufacturer. We came up with $6.1 billion in fund- — funding this CHIPS program. We used to create 40 — we used to make 40 percent of them. We’re now down to zero — zero number.

We paired that — Micron — Micron came along and said, “Okay, if you’re going to come up with $6 billion, we’re going to come up with $125 billion,” to invest in New York state alone to build chip facilities right here in New York. The single-biggest investment ever made in the history of this state. Ever.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

micron is trumps mean nick name for macron

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

micron is trumps mean nick name for macron

As was mentioned, it’s the size of — going to be the size of 40 football fields — 40 — big enough to fit four Carrier Domes inside and still have space leftover.

Today, I’m pleased to announce we’re building on that commitment with a landmark preliminary agreement between my administration and Micron, a major chip manufacturer, which is building these fabs here in Upstate New York: $6.1 billion in chips funding paired with $125 billion from Micron to build these facilities here in New York and near Micron headquarters in Idaho.

So far from — not far from here, in Clay, New York, it’s going to help build two to four manufacturing facilities planned by Micron’s mega-labs [mega-fabs].

In Boise, Ohio [Idaho], it’s going to help build new high-volume manufacturing fabs as well.

These new — brand new facilities are going to produce the most sophisticated, powerful, leading-edge memory chips in the entire world. Each one has — has trillions — not billions, not millions — trillions of tiny features, each 4,000 [40,000] times thinner than a single hair on your head. And I’ve got some very thin hair on my head. (Laughter.)

They require manufacturing precision down to the size of an atom. They posse- — they process enormous amounts of information at lightning speed. And they’re critical to the emerging technology that will power tomorrow’s economy, like artificial intelligence and advanced communications. They’ll make everyday things faster, lighter, smaller, and more reliable. And it’s about time.

Folks, where is it written — when I said we were going to have the lo- — become the manufacturing capital of the world again when I got elected, they looked at me, some of my friends, and said, “You’re crazy.” Well, where the he- — where the heck is it written — (laughter) — that American manufacturing can- — will not be the capital of the world again? It’s going to be.

And today, I’m pleased to announce four new hub programs. One hub in Detroit and Lansing, Michigan, folks will make electric cars. Another hub in Philadelphia, one in Milwaukee will train workers that’ll replace every — every poisonous lead pipe in America within the decade. And here in Syracuse — the Syracuse region, a new hub is going to train semiconductor workers for the future. (Applause.)

I ignited a ma- — it ignited a manufacturing boom, a clean-energy boom, a semiconductor boom nationwide. And it’s clear we have the strongest economy in the world, and that’s a fact.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nitevision posted:

a lotta yall still dont get it

atman can inflict multiple prakrti on a single ape

so if you have 1 svabhava and 3 prakrti you can create 3 new skandhas

lmfao

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

PoundSand posted:

this is a shame cause cooking while high is incredibly fun.

one time i tried to make a lasagna on mushrooms and made it pretty ok and got it in the oven ok.

went to my room, listened to some music, read a little, played some video games. walked back into the living room sure it was done and it had been 13 minutes.

mushrooms gently caress with your sense of time real bad

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

lol Old Yellen

Taima posted:

one time i tried to make a lasagna on mushrooms and made it pretty ok and got it in the oven ok.

went to my room, listened to some music, read a little, played some video games. walked back into the living room sure it was done and it had been 13 minutes.

This could have been so much worse.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Taima posted:

Why were you making lasagna in the living room

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
it was a poor idea all around

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

one might say you pulled a janet yellen

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Why were you making lasagna in the living room

Every apartment I've lived in since I left college has fused the living room and the dining room

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

why the gently caress would you do that?!

well I live by a certain creed, you see; WWJYD

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Nitevision posted:

a lotta yall still dont get it

atman can inflict multiple prakrti on a single ape

so if you have 1 svabhava and 3 prakrti you can create 3 new skandhas

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Taima posted:

Hell yeah, mushrooms make your sense of time collapse like a bridge in the path of a container ship

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

mawarannahr posted:

cold drinks aren't actually as good at cooling you down. Europeans take supreme pride in applying science to every aspect of their lives, and keeping cool is one of them 😎

Wtf, I'm going to need to see evidence of this. If I drink a 40 degree water, it will cool me down less than a 70 degree water ??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SA Forums Poster posted:

Wtf, I'm going to need to see evidence of this. If I drink a 40 degree water, it will cool me down less than a 70 degree water ??

if you drink cold distilled water you die. sorry

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
water is literally poison (little stymie reference for ya old heads :tipshat:)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Smythe posted:

this

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Smythe posted:

Been hearing this a lot lately

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Smythe posted:

https://i.imgur.com/llpBvmQ.mp4

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Smythe posted:

water is literally poison (little stymie reference for ya old heads :tipshat:)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
shrinkflation lols

guess how many

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I can't tell from the cropped photo of the packaging but it looks like that product might actually be called Shrinkflations

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Microplastics posted:

I can't tell from the cropped photo of the packaging but it looks like that product might actually be called Shrinkflations

Its callef deez nuts

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

Hell yeah, mushrooms make your sense of time collapse like a bridge in the path of a container ship

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Microplastics posted:

celebrations

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I was distracted by the NFL draft yesterday but apparently another bank collapsed yesterday afternoon. Republic First Bancorp in Philadelphia

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

PoundSand posted:

There's nothing stopping chinese factories from producing high grade components, they surely must already do this for important applications at home (nuclear/medical/etc), but US brands looking to cut costs by essentially dropshipping detritus with their label on it aren't paying for quality.

In nuclear, the size of the investment they are making is extremely impressive, but they lack technical knowledge in some key areas. I’m confident they will leapfrog the US in short time tho

kreeningsons has issued a correction as of 14:05 on Apr 27, 2024

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
never heard of it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
america should take advantage of china's over production to buy cheap consumer goods and sell them domestically at inflated prices

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

The Oldest Man posted:

time to judge people's polearm choices

eee look at me look at my fancy pants

basic

weak french version of a lochaber axe, get good

go back to the farm

looked at a list of polearms and picked the stupidest sounding one on purpose, can't tell you the difference between this and boarspear

A fellow lochaber stan, you love to see it

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

ArmedZombie posted:

overcapacity is such a stupid concept.

Overcapacity - bad
Undercapacity - bad
The perfect level of capacity - leaving money on the table, bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005