Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I’m doing my part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

19 o'clock posted:

I’m doing my part

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Smythe posted:

i will be drinking 6-12 3% abv macrobrews in rapid succession. pissing constantly and loving it.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Smythe posted:

maybe if youre some dweeb like my brother in law who is like "I think I will enjoy A Beer this evening and selects a single can of Elderberry von Hoppenstein and drinks it over 3 hours. as a red blooded american who snakes his own sink however if the sun is out and im drinking beer outside i will be drinking 6-12 3% abv macrobrews in rapid succession. pissing constantly and loving it.

Hell yeah

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Rectal Death Alert posted:

If I can't put ice cream in my rear end in a top hat then why am I even participating in society anymore

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

19 o'clock posted:

I’m doing my part

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

19 o'clock posted:

I’m doing my part

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

19 o'clock posted:

I’m doing my part

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that alcohol study is at least a year old we talked about it already

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

i am harry posted:

do your part

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

alcohol is great once in a while

get high every day though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

kreeningsons posted:

In nuclear, the size of the investment they are making is extremely impressive, but they lack technical knowledge in some key areas. I’m confident they will leapfrog the US in short time tho

nuclear? I barely even knew er!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aFP-iR7hPg

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Joe Robinette Moleman muttering "we need as many solar panels and EVs as possible to fight climate change" then looking at China saying "no that's too much"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’m doing my part

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I think we can do both

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

america should take advantage of china's over production to buy cheap consumer goods and sell them domestically at inflated prices

Well, that's just what america does at the Chinese America Friendship Store Walmart

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

i am harry posted:

I’m doing my part

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i am harry posted:

Has anyone mentioned yet that it’s all self reported too so probably and undercount

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Has anyone mentioned yet that it’s all self reported too so probably and undercount

no but the first reply (i know i know) mentions that it's actually not an undercount because the author just doubled what everyone self-reported lol

the distribution is still accurate tho!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

no but the first reply (i know i know) mentions that it's actually not an undercount because the author just doubled what everyone self-reported lol

the distribution is still accurate tho!

Honestly having heard people talk about their drinking the day after witnessing their drinking I feel like a factor of two might be conservative. People desperately lie to themselves about how much they drink

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also most wine pours I see are like 3-4 servings of wine that everyone counts as “one “ drink

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

euphronius posted:

also most wine pours I see are like 3-4 servings of wine that everyone counts as “one “ drink

A “standard” wine pour is 5 oz, so 3-4x that is approximately half a bottle. You normally see people drinking half a bottle of wine as a single drink?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yes

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Honestly having heard people talk about their drinking the day after witnessing their drinking I feel like a factor of two might be conservative. People desperately lie to themselves about how much they drink

yeah that article suggests the same, in addition to the obvious confounder of heavy drinking affecting memory and perception

MickeyFinn posted:

A “standard” wine pour is 5 oz, so 3-4x that is approximately half a bottle. You normally see people drinking half a bottle of wine as a single drink?

a bottle is 26.3 ounces. there's 5 glasses in a bottle. and yes, all the time!

which is wild to me because it feels obviously wrong when you fill one of those big fancy red wine glasses to the point where it's uncomfortably balanced and is liked... sloshing around.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

cool av posted:

spices are a crutch. never use them unless your base ingredients are rotten and you need to cover it up.

dumbass

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

cool av posted:

spices are a crutch. never use them unless your base ingredients are rotten and you need to cover it up.

British account spotted.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Saw this on the way to the BFI IMAX to watch a Dune double bill.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MickeyFinn posted:

Splitting a bottle seems like a pretty standard date night. Not as a "single drink", no, but I don't think anyone would blink at going through half a bottle over a couple hours.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Wine bottles are 750ml / 25.4 oz , often at 12% alcohol by volume. So a 5 ounce poor at 12% is, unsurprisingly, the same amount of alcohol as a 12 oz beer at 5%.

An old party trick of mine was realizing a lot of oversized wine glasses friends had were 28oz, and pouring an entire 750ml bottle of beer into the one glass when people were 100% sure there was no possible way to do that. You could see a few people looking at each other afterwards and reassessing just how much they had been drinking out of said glasses.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe in restaurants idk, I don’t go to restaurants. My context was middle age suburban parties where 15 Oz wine glasses are regular things and wine comes in boxes

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

19 o'clock posted:

I’m doing my part

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

if you weren't meant to drink the whole bottle they'd have made them resealable

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MickeyFinn posted:

I’ve never seen anyone self pour or serve outside a restaurant an actual ‘serving’ of wine that isn’t at least two servings.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
wine bottles with twist caps are fine and good for that reason

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Justin Tyme posted:

Joe Robinette Moleman muttering "we need as many solar panels and EVs as possible to fight climate change" then looking at China saying "no that's too much"

Needs to be within the reach of fossil fuel lobbyists so they can sandbag and obstruct it as much as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nybble posted:

wine bottles with twist caps are fine and good for that reason

Yes