Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

StratGoatCom posted:

Man, the longer they keep kicking the can, the worse the 'finding out' gonna be.

they'll be dead what do they care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

coelomate posted:

Biden speaking at 8am Monday, a totally normal time for Presidential addresses and in no way a Baghdad Bob impression.

9am in the real time zone, ET: https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

quote:

President Biden delivers remarks on maintaining a resilient banking system and protecting our historic economic recovery.

Yes, the most resilient banking system

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
investors took a risk, but people keeping money over fdic limits did not take a risk

thanks joe

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
well announcement was a bunch of poo poo as expected I suppose, too bad

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
"may god protected our troops" ??

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Angryhead posted:

also lol'd at this

guess the markov chain which is his brain didn't turn off early enough

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Justin Tyme posted:

i was lmaoing but my meager roth IRA I have through navy federal was rolled over to schwab a few years ago hahahaha

your investments are fine

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

https://twitter.com/BitMEX/status/1635185441459810304

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1635285880964538370

heh

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

biceps crimes posted:

whoa that’s a lot of new posts compared to early this morning, what happened?

nothing

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

silicone thrills posted:

red delicious apples = red garbage apples.

first time i tried a gala apple or a fuji apple i was like "wow apples are actually good??? who knew???"

same deal for granny smith, tart trash. you should try pink lady, very good apple. empire also pretty good.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

what actually happened today

still nothing

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't use any kind of voice stuff on the phone because I've never been in a situation where talking to your phone like that wouldn't be incredibly conspicuous (and if you're by yourself... like... just use the phone)

I like to set timers using Siri (via voice trigger) while cooking so my phone doesn’t get all dirty

that’s about it though

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Vox Nihili posted:

My favorite IRA thing is that you're not allowed to contribute to one if you make figgies and have a 401k, but they wrote the law wrong so you're allowed to do something called a backdoor roth to sneak money into a Roth IRA by transferring income to a regular IRA, then immediately dumping that money in a Roth IRA.

They tried to close the loophole but couldn't because every rich person uses it and got mad at the prospect of not having it.

That's emblematic of the amount of thought that went into our (non)retirement system.

the Roth back door isn’t that serious compared to the mega back door lol. it’s ~40k after tax 401k contributions that you can roll into a Roth IRA. it’s pretty easy to do now, some plans can do it electronically and others you have to call your 401k provider, but it’s a lot more money that the Roth back door

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

PoundSand posted:

I swear last time I looked at a maxima even like the trim with all the features was 35 out the door, it’s gotta be like a 20% loan or something.

just go to the Nissan website, it starts at 38k

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Nonsense posted:

Nissan's have smelly transmissions, be best and get another thing

I rent a lot of cars and the nissans I’ve had are barely a step above the absolute poo poo tier Chevy Malibu I’ve gotten this time. I would never buy a nissan everything about then felt lovely to drive. only rental car I’ve had that had interior trim squeak when I hit a bump

Hondas have been the best cars I’ve rented, pleasant to drive and trim is reasonable quality. I’d buy a Honda.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

fibblins posted:

another trade man here I get paid $24 an hour and the company bills $195/hr for my time lmao

this is a naive question, is it hard to go into business for yourself in trades? is it a marketing/name recognition issue?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

fibblins posted:

It's super easy to enter the trades if you do it illegally and just advertise your services on craigslist. If you want to do it legitimately you need to have a contractor's license and insurance, and it varies between states but here I need about 5 years of experience signed off by someone who has a license, plus associated classwork and an examination to become certified.

I see, but then signing the license would mean more competition and they lose a solid employee, no? is this too cynical? seems like they (boss) would prefer an employee that doesn’t want (or can’t get due to legality) the license

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

16 meals delivered weekly for $177.44

that’s… a lot less than I expected

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
always been amazing to me that we let the concept of shell companies exist. a company which doesn’t nothing but suck up risk into a worthless nothing when this go wrong so no one has to worry about loving up. oops the company is bankrupt! can’t get compensation from it!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

love to introduce bills

they never got to the end of “I’m just a bill”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Zodium posted:

yes, truly amazing the bourgeois state allows the bourgeoisie to offload their risk on the state.

all officers of companies now personally responsible for company liability

maybe one day