Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
doomsday economics

https://i.imgur.com/BtgZ6Ce.mp4 (sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/kRrGiRv.mp4

old threads:
second thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953960
first thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826121&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

good content:
michael roberts: https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/blog/

naked capitalism: https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/RichardDWolff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7sBsBHdCk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nothus posted:

No, more bailouts!

sorry the last thread was saddled with tech debt and the feds (me) had to bail it out from new pages causing it to crash. THIS IS NOT A BAILOUT

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

VideoKid posted:

The company I work for had all our money in Signature. Just got a text from my boss “Tomorrow will be fun 🫠”

hahaha gently caress, sorry

we had all our money in svb but we managed to pull it out before the bank run hit in full.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if anyone has good content for the OP lmk

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

wikipedia works quick lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hope yall like the thread title on this one

someone make hoots IK again

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

skaboomizzy posted:

CNBC has a live panel instead of Shark Tank reruns on a Sunday night, in case you were wondering how things are going

lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/EricNewcomer/status/1634300928621793283 this tweet is about to get like 3 years worth of mileage

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
sorry hun i cant go on a date, im watching the world empire collapse through small bits of text insane people on the internet make for me

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lmfao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Iron Crowned posted:

Just:lol: if anyone would want to date us

im going on two dates this week. hoping my bank stays open through them

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if the fdic is now insuring all deposits what’s even the point of holding reserves. in fact just let the banks print dollars directly

good idea

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

net work error posted:

I HATE THIS poo poo AT LEAST GIVE US A LITTLE BLOOD FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a: :d2a:

the lack of blood will lead to everyone acting like theyre immune to consequence causing future blood to be bloodier

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

In Training posted:

So they're already bailing them out? Coul;dn't even last a weekend? Sounds good.

they did this in 2007 and then they were like "poo poo we can stop all this bleeding" and gave up with lehmen bros

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
folks well be fine with all the green on st patricks day in 5 days

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
mods do the needful and give us a thread IK ty

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

the government just announced they secure 100% of deposits so actually things are better than ever

good thing the government has infinite money to prevent any and all failures

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Glumwheels posted:

I can’t help but think Peter thiel caused this mess for a specific reason, he did cash out Wednesday and started the bank run

Then all his cronies and PayPal scumbags started shrieking about bailouts

He wanted to construct a financial crisis in a way that the bottom would be before the 2024 election

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
700 loving posts what have you gremlins been up to

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

A bunch of regional banks went down 70-80% this morning, but then the numbertraders all collectively agreed that this meant Jerome Powell would cut interest rates to 0%.

seems normal

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

gradenko_2000 posted:

What kind of name is Fifth Third

the bank that compromises

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

fanfic insert posted:

relax, they shot down the balloons and theyre banning tiktok, they have it under control

if there is legitimate collapse happening they will ban tiktok instantly because they dont want young people talking poo poo they cant monitor super easily

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think the 2 year/10 year is uninverting while its negative, which is a telltale sign of a recession starting

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Top City Homo posted:

Look fat, the economy is doing great

look fiat, the economy is doing great

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Leo posted:

Why is Schwab taking a beating while some regional bank stocks (like OZK) are holding steady?

it made the mistake of looking investors in the face and telling them not to panic

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

dads friend steve posted:

is this that “technical analysis” I’ve been hearing about?

its me looking at charts and divining poo poo like im a fortune teller in a windy forest shack

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Delta-Wye posted:

lol its hellworld and the most funny explanation is if everyone is reacting to the prediction made by the magic inference machine, so it must be true

VCs kicking off a bank run bc they trust a machine that pulled a date out of its data scouring rear end

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

everyone sues when this sort of thing happens

but a rich person made a lot of other very rich people angry, so the CEO here might actually face some consequences

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
processed meat and microplastics give u bowel cancer

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Xaris posted:

don’t post stupid ai poo poo. it’s 100% garbage and just pulls a random date whenever someone asks it.

its less that its predictive and more that VC idiots who believe in AI might pull their money from made up dates and the entire economy runs on ork magic so believing in failure eventually causes failure

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
compromise: healthy work lunches for children

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/1634197816359747585

100% convinced hes paid to be wrong so institutional investors can beat retail

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
goons are beautiful creatures. the bank run news dries up for like 5 minutes so everyones talking about school lunch. love it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nice and hot piss posted:

If lunch trays were made with some sort of organic material that was derived from a plant source, you could in theory tell the school children to eat the lunch tray and they could get all their servings of veggies!

ok earl of sandwich

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

silicone thrills posted:

food portion poo poo: Americans MASSIVEly under estimate food portions because of large plate sizing and poo poo. I participated in a study on it a while back and the results were pretty nuts. Like it involved a real nutrionalist preparing a plate for me every day for a week or so and me visually estimating "ah i think thats a cup for mashed potatoes" or whatever and writing it down. Was cool bc it was at work too so super convenient. Anyway its been backed up a ton and there's a slew of studies out there but a goon being unable to accurately say that a pile of grapes is a cup vs 4 cups isnt surprising because most americans cant.

restaurant portion sizes have destroyed our brain

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Tempora Mutantur posted:

a 1400 calorie plate before a 1600 calorie dessert, all washed down by at least 1000 calories of soda

like a regular rear end fast-food meal, even with a diet soda, is like 80% of my caloric intake for a day. pretty insane

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
in HS several programs undercut the school lunch program. lunch cost 5 dollars and wasnt particularly great, but you could get a bagel for 1 dollar and a soda for 50 cents, so kids would eat that and/or maybe like a bag of chips and save like 12 bucks in a week, which was pretty solid at the time

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

euphronius posted:

lots of kids have type 2 diabetes now which makes good food in school
even more important but no. it’s not happening

im shocked i do not have prediabetes given my diet as a kid. tremendously lucky.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RealityWarCriminal posted:

maybe bailing out the banks was a good idea if we're talking about school lunch

markets closed for the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain