Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Nothing matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Imagine if something mattered :allears:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

layoffs hit my company today :woop: almost 20% of the company hahaha

My company is talking about doing layoffs

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

webcams for christ posted:

o7

this is my favorite doomsday econ subplot by a mile

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Just keep trying, I just landed a new job, and now all the other recruiters have started to try bringing me in for an interview. Like dude, you should have contacted me six weeks ago when I applied.

hey posting ally, I'm glad you got out

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

Timeshare companies are all terrible and skeevy but god drat lmfao.

keep posting updates, I'm excited for this sage

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

We are on our case. The landlady is arguing with the judge about what’s normal wear and tear.

where does she think is normal and what does the judge say

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

Court case completed for the day. Judgment in 2 weeks.

- Argued with the judge repeatedly about what is normal wear and tear.
- Had no response when the judge asked where the receipts were.
- Argued that pictures of when we lived there are relevant because it means we would leave the house dirty?
- Claimed the grout bag left by the guy who installed the kitchen tile (that she hired) was concrete for the patio. When told the bag clearly says grout she didn't have a response.
- Claimed I threatened to come to her house? When asked for evidence, she said she didn't have any.
- Claimed that because we were paying below market rate for rent, raising rent (that happened to be five days after we threatened to withhold rent) wasn't retaliatory, and it was "only" $200.

The judge cut her off mid-rant at the end and said, "Thanks for your time and judgment in two weeks."

Edit: Her response to the numerous violations of 1950.5(g) was, "I needed more time." When we responded with "The defendant never communicated with us about needing more time, and also did not provide a good faith estimate as per paragraph 3, she didn't have a response.

Grats!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

webcams for christ posted:

I've been using Garmins since before smartwatches were a thing and fitbits always seemed like a huge downgrade and behind the curve, even Polar watches had better functionality

My friend bought a new Garmin and gave me his old one and I love it. Although I use it almost entirely for fitness stuff, I do enjoy the other stuff. Can't complain about a free watch

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Appeal Flap. gently caress this lady

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Yeah but do you know where the train didn't derail? Pittsburgh

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

[quote="Oglethorpe" post="530829927"]
https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1641204334926106626

Can someone smarter than I am explain what this means?
Is it just the beginning of a domino effect?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

The thing that's great about usenet is it's really easy to automate.

Downloads

SABnzbd - NZB processor. Goon project, I'm pretty sure
Sonarr for TV
Radarr for Movies
Gamebrary for videogames (though I haven't actually messed around with it)
And I use Plex as my media center but whatever you like is fine

Services

The best ones of these aren't free but they're still cheaper than HBO

NZB.su - NZB indexer, has a free tier thats limited in downloads a day, $15 a year for unlimited
Newshosting - Probably the best hosting service. 5000+ day retention. I've been able to download stuff that was 500 days old with no problem. $13 a month but they have sales often and you retain the promo price if you remain subbed. I got it for $50 a year a few black fridays back

Guide

A TRaSH guide on setting it all up

------------------------------------------------------

Why did I write this all up?

Neat

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I just buy AAA games 2 years later for $5

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Lol my work mandated that everyone come back to the office 3 days a week and a lot of the talent quit on the spot. So smart.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

The people staying are not the ones you want to stay

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Did you quit?

Yeah lol

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

lol no wonder pfc is always complaining how expensive houses are. He just wants to be the one to buy them so he can landlord. He's loving jealous of the landlord companies lmao

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

SourKraut posted:

I can't believe pfc is a landlord. He's basically c-spam's PPJ

It's very easy to believe

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

skooma512 posted:

One would think that engaging in fraud and extortion as an entire business model would mean the company is dissolved and the leaders put in jail.

One would think

looking into it

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

apple airpods pro are utterly amazing and a breath of fresh air that they never need loving about with to work

Dang yeah same but my $10 Bluetooth headphones that I've been using for a decade. But I guess it doesn't signal to everyone that I have apple products. I should think of dropping way more money to impress strangers who walk past me

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

euphronius posted:

the Reddit meltdown was supposed to happen after the ipo
are they still melting down?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Maybe CBO can make a thread to debate Canadian trucker/Nazi stuff? It seems to be something CBO is very passionate about

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol I've never been healthier in my working life since I started WFH.

I eat healthier because I eat at home and I don't eat fast food or at the little restaurant at work. I walk a lot more and I have the time to do it since I'm not spending an hour commuting everyday

cope and seethe commercial real estate investors

Same. And I workout every day. I'm in the best shape of my life because I don't waste 3 hours a day driving. I also can do my hobbies again and have extra money from not filling up my gas tank multiple times a week. Crazy. I should stop though because the poor CEOs are sad that there aren't butts in seats for them to stare at :(

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

I'd argue that people never bothered to measure how loving depressed and awful introverts felt at work and we just kept getting told to shut the gently caress up and deal with it.
- Like Literally my psychiatrist was just like "yeah that sucks but its life."

I was SO loving exhausted and depressed every single day in the office environment. I'd come home completely unable to talk to my husband because I was just so people'd out. I couldn't do social poo poo after work because I was already so loving burned out. Having to be ON for 9 hours a day was just killer.

Same. I have hobbies and a social life now. I actually spend time doing things with my wife after work instead of both of us starting at the TV for the 2 hours we have together before bedtime since I get home late after commuting and leave early so I can commute.

I do great in an office setting from a social standpoint, but I loving hate sitting there while my co-workers rant about trans people or windmills causing cancer or hunter Biden or whatever. It's loving exhausting. Love to see my hr person watching Fox news

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Crazypoops posted:

I had a coworker who went on forced leave for two weeks and came back and said he was lonely and so happy to be back because he missed everyone and it depressed me so much I wanted to go home and kill myself

Is your coworker one of those boomers who hates his family so much he likes working 12 hour days to get away from them?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Xaris posted:

honestly it’s the normie position to go “heh I don’t watch tv anymore :smuggo:” so don’t feel bad. it’s not even an epic bacon narwhal atheist fedora reddit goonism anymore

most people are like that now and it’s ok

Sure you don't watch TV but are you a vegan crossfitter like me?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

net work error posted:

I will admit my initial guess that threads would do well was under the assumption that it would have basic features like chronological order.

Has anyone who runs threads commented on the blowback from everyone wanting that basic feature? Or things like seeing the people you follow and not just influencers and grifters?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Bar Ran Dun posted:

cross posting from another thread because y’all will be interested in it.

:rms:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

lol these cutoffs. maybe if this was 18 - 65 it would mean something.

that would make number bad though?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Reposting cuz i need an actual response on this

Anyone I know who has done this gets stiffed most of the time and has to sue for their lost money

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

"They looked into renting a car, but there weren’t any available."

Owned

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Fun reading about pfc gatekeeping manual labor as a computer touching landlord

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Nodelphi posted:

Yes, I also have a memo directing us to divert patients without insurance or with medicaid to a state hospital. That one’s printed and ready to go once I find a new job. The problem is I feel attached to the community and leaving makes me feel like I’m abandoning them.

Regarding the independent contractor thing that almost assuredly means that doc group is run by private equity and they plan to balance bill you into the ground. Your doctor has no say in this by the way and might not even know that they’re doing it. The billing people no longer have to check in with the physicians.

How are you abandoning anyone? You were told there is a line waiting to replace you. The people will still be treated. gently caress that place

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

subtract 2.50$ from your rent payment. you're paying the agreed upon price. if the landlord's payment processor is taking a cut then it's the landlord's responsibility to find a cheaper one.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

have you considered that all this inflation is because 3 years ago people were given almost a month's rent worth of money one time??? No wonder nobody wants to work anymore

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Is pfc doing a bit or is he actually racist against Italians? I thought we frowned on racism in cspam? I cannot tell when landlords are trying to be funny with racism or just are racist

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

Just because you've killed your sense of smell doesn't mean the rest of us have. I would rather spend my time huffing pyridine and trizol than smelling cigarettes or the rancid stripper perfume infused vape poo poo.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

This guy rules, and that lady looks like a racist idiot. I am in love with him now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Yes but what if the someone is the next Hitler?

Hitler 3?